Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's a new day in America

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: It's a new day in America

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:50 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:39 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:55 am
Fuzzy doesn't usually read news; but when he does it's sites with gun ads. :rollin
Must be on your end, probably targeted to your interests.

If anything, the link is a slightly leftist site, showing even more how poor CNN is with facts.
But their website is top of the line with facts.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:46 am
Just last week, someone on this board argued that fire fighters aren't even working class. Said they're middle class.
That’s because they are. They make damn good money generally. They are not working class.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:54 pm

Help me out with my stereotypes here:

Working class members cannot be, by definition, middle class, but middle class members can be working class?

Need to know so I can be surgical in offending only who I want.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:05 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:54 pm
Help me out with my stereotypes here:

Working class members cannot be, by definition, middle class, but middle class members can be working class?

Need to know so I can be surgical in offending only who I want.
TT believes that income is irrelevant and it’s an attitude that defines class. He fails to understand how it works in the United States despite all of us repeatedly telling him the situation here and how badly everyone wants to get to the middle class.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Just last week, someone on this board argued that fire fighters aren't even working class. Said they're middle class.
That’s because they are. They make damn good money generally. They are not working class.

But TCT argues tha Bident having fire fighters on his side represents the working class.

Having serial strike breaker Bruce Scabsteen performing at the inaugural concert is anti - working class.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

But TCT argues tha Bident having fire fighters on his side represents the working class.

Having serial strike breaker Bruce Scabsteen performing at the inaugural concert is anti - working class.
Unions are largely irrelevant now. Less than 10% of the workforce has one. They’ve become more trouble than they are worth largely and they tend to impose odious work rules that don’t make sense. As for Springsteen... who gives a fuck?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Any collective agreement I've ever seen says the Employer gets to make the rules. We wish it was the other way around, but it isn't.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:04 pm

So, maybe I judged Biden too quickly.

He's cleaning house at NLRB.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... ard-460978

And he's kicking ass at VOA

https://www.npr.org/sections/president- ... ly-demoted

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:24 am

Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
We had someone from my old church that was clearing six figures in the 90s as an assistant captain in the Warren FD. Full pension with benefits too. Not working class.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:28 am

YEP, Bruce Springsteen HATES Trump!! Had Trump won, Bruce would had moved to Canada!!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 am

matt1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:28 am
YEP, Bruce Springsteen HATES Trump!! Had Trump won, Bruce would had moved to Canada!!!
Then I'm glad Biden won. We don't need his kind in Canada.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:16 pm

I'm thinking maybe I misjudged Biden. Not only is he kicking butt at NLRB, he's also making progressive changes to protect and strengthen worker rights.

I'll cut him some slack on the concert. I'm guessing Biden didn't personally sign off on the list of performers. Someone's head will roll for that gaffe.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

You originally stated your concern was Biden turning his back on the unions. I didn't say firefighters were working class I said they were representing unions.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:08 pm

Hey. Through his actions since inauguration day, Biden has already redeemed himself for the concert fiasco. Looks like one of his people f***ed up and she will be dealt with appropriately.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:04 pm
So, maybe I judged Biden too quickly.

He's cleaning house at NLRB.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... ard-460978
Ahhh, no shit you may have been too quick to judge. The fact that in his first hours he kicked a management-side attorney our of what should be a agnostic labor board and that it's not a position that usually commands immediate Presidential scrutiny should tell you everything you need to know about his commitment to the working class. You, out of anyone here should appreciate that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic