Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE?!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
G G

WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE?!

Post by G G » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

audiophile

Re: WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE?!

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:10 pm

MSM is a joke.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 pm

I thought you were a Back the Blue kind of guy. Now, that the blue isn't Caucasian, there suddenly is a problem. Amazing how that works.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:45 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 pm
I thought you were a Back the Blue kind of guy. Now, that the blue isn't Caucasian, there suddenly is a problem. Amazing how that works.
He’s point out how the media only covers certain talking points. An assault is bad no matter who is involved, unless it is self defense. Since you said protesters should be shot, I don’t expect you to understand that.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:56 am

"Ron Keeva Unz is the editor-in-chief and publisher of The Unz Review, a website that promotes anti-semitism, Holocaust denial, conspiracy theories, and white supremacist material. In addition to Unz's own writings, the site has hosted pieces by white supremacist Jared Taylor, among others."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Unz

If Wikipedia isn't reliable enough, here's something from the Anti-Defamation League about this wonderful source:

https://www.adl.org/blog/california-ent ... ks-on-jews

What a (non)surprise that Gary Glitter would post an article from it...

take this job and shove it

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:45 pm
He’s point out how the media only covers certain talking points. An assault is bad no matter who is involved, unless it is self defense. Since you said protesters should be shot, I don’t expect you to understand that.
It's been well demonstrated here that there are plenty of sources to get your news. No sense in crying when a majority of Americans have no interest in conspiracy sites and far-right rhetoric.

That's essentially what you're saying here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 am
fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:45 pm
It's been well demonstrated here that there are plenty of sources to get your news. No sense in crying when a majority of Americans have no interest in conspiracy sites and far-right rhetoric.

That's essentially what you're saying here.
But you can bet if the racial roles were reversed in that incident that the coverage would be on ALL the mainstream media outlets EVERY SINGLE DAY since it happened. Haven't seen a peep. Why?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:44 am

As it should. I'm not going to explain why because you won't accept it. I lend back to what you were taught in ABAR training.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:50 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:44 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 am
As it should.
WOW.

Didn't think anyone would actually admit that, although many of us knew it all along.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:07 pm

You asked. Are you willing to admit that you know why but you just don't agree or care?

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Here's a link to a local news site that carried the story.

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news/vi ... db24d.html

This is exactly what this is, a local story. A bod cop did a very bad thing, it was reported on and the officer faces some pretty serious charges. It's not a national news story.

Now, it's not too hard of a reach to say that if the races had been reversed, it would have become a national story and protests would have developed.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:10 pm
Here's a link to a local news site that carried the story.

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news/vi ... db24d.html

This is exactly what this is, a local story. A bod cop did a very bad thing, it was reported on and the officer faces some pretty serious charges. It's not a national news story.

Now, it's not too hard of a reach to say that if the races had been reversed, it would have become a national story and protests would have developed.
Thanks for sharing this link. This is a clear civil rights violation and abuse of power and Officer Davis should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It's quite disturbing it took 4 months for this story to break, even in local media in this era, and another example of the blue wall of silence, as pointed out by the local NAACP.

I can't speak to what the media chooses to focus on, but with all the crises of the past few years, we went through the most active hurricane season in the North Atlantic with minimal coverage outside of The Weather Channel and the markets affected by the storms. In any other era, that would have lead the headlines. For what it's worth, a quick Google News search shows that this story out of Western Massachusetts hasn't made it to any national outlet right, center, or left-leaning.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic