Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cazzo Cuomo Caught

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Cazzo Cuomo Caught

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:55 am

Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

So what we have here folks is a cover up to avoid possible federal investigation. Isn't that a crime? Will they take Cazzo's Emmy away?
Governor Cuomo’s top aide privately apologized to Democratic lawmakers for withholding the state’s nursing-home death toll from COVID-19 — telling them “we froze” out of fear the true numbers would “be used against us” by federal prosecutors.

“He starts going after [New Jersey Gov. Phil] Murphy, starts going after [California Gov. Gavin] Newsom, starts going after [Michigan Gov.] Gretchen Whitmer.”

“And basically, we froze,” she told the lawmakers on the call.

“Because then we were in a position where we weren’t sure if what we were going to give to the Department of Justice, or what we give to you guys, what we start saying, was going to be used against us while we weren’t sure if there was going to be an investigation.”
https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-aid ... from-feds/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Re: Cazzo Cuomo Caught

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:53 am

Let's take that same level of scrutiny and apply it to almost everything the Trump administration did during it's four years. They cancelled press conferences for christ's sake. Go cry about it to your circle jerk.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 pm

One. Trump isn't President anymore, Cuomo is still Governor.

Two. Trump didn't have his praises sung by the left and MSM day after day after day. Cuomo did.

Three. Trump has been impeached, twice now, for much, much less. Are there calls for Cazzo's removal?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Two. Trump didn't have his praises sung by the left and MSM day after day after day. Cuomo did.

Three. Trump has been impeached, twice now, for much, much less. Are there calls for Cazzo's removal?
I'm not sure you want to get into a dick measuring contest when 400,000 died on your boy's watch...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:22 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 pm

I'm not sure you want to get into a dick measuring contest when 400,000 died on your boy's watch...
Since when did a little thing like that stop him?

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Can't we admit wrong is wrong and get off each other's throats? There's no defending the Cuomo or Whitmer on this topic. Just because a Republican is wrong doesn't mean a Democrat is right. Celebrating who's less wrong in this context is just poor taste.

The decision to leave less severe COVID cases in nursing homes, and assume nursing homes would be capable of limiting the spread of a novel and highly contagious airborne virus turned out to be a catastrophic mistake resulting in massive deaths. Nursing homes BEFORE COVID didn't necessarily have the best reputation and certainly weren't considered the gold standard of medical treatment. Even the best hospitals with the best known practices at the time couldn't contain the spread of the virus between patients and staff.

I can forgive bad decisions -- even catastrophically bad ones made under immense pressure -- but don't cover it up. Own it. We'd be in a much better place if we celebrated accountability.
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm

Well stated.

My issue with Whitmer is:

1. She refused to let legislature make this call beyond 28 days.

2. She even vetoed a bill to stop the practice.

3. She halted FOIA requests.

I think she should be held criminally liable.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm
Well stated.

My issue with Whitmer is:

1. She refused to let legislature make this call beyond 28 days.

2. She even vetoed a bill to stop the practice.

3. She halted FOIA requests.

I think she should be held criminally liable.
She's certainly more liable than Snyder is for decades of mismanagement from local government in Flint. It's interesting that Gina McCarthy is skating on that one...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Even CNN is basically saying Cuomo is in deep shit.

Headline: "The story keeps getting worse for Andrew Cuomo on Covid-19"

from the story...

...the reason the Cuomo administration didn't release the full details of deaths in nursing homes to state legislators is because they were concerned about how that data might be used against them, politically speaking, if it fell into the hands of the Trump administration.
Which is a very bad look -- to say the least.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics ... index.html

When you're a high profile Democrat and CNN says things aren't good for you, that's when you know you're f***ed.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:03 pm

I expect he will resign.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:12 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:03 pm
I expect he will resign.
I think he's too arrogant to resign, but we'll see.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:14 pm

Bi-partisan lawmakers are wanting to strip him of EO powers.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:59 pm

Ahhhh. Anybody remember the days when the media thought he should run for President because of his Covid response? Good times...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic