Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

McConnell Says Capitol Rioters Were ‘Provoked’ By Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: McConnell Says Capitol Rioters Were ‘Provoked’ By Trump

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 pm

How will senate committees work now? Are Democrats head of all of them?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:09 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Yes, they're the "majority" party.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 pm

Matt is correct.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:12 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:01 pm
And I believe rules state ALL Senate business is to be halted until the trial is conducted
Those can be changed with a majority vote. McConnell supports the impeachment since he wants to be rid of Trump. There’s a power sharing arrangement coming brokered between Schumer and McConnell.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:09 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 pm
Yes, they're the "majority" party.
They are going to split committee chairmanships through a power sharing arrangement as is usually done in this situation.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:04 am

Joe Manchin will likely get whatever committee chair he wants.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:09 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:04 am
If only he had the courage to switch parties he would for sure.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:44 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:09 am
fuzzpower wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:04 am
If only he had the courage to switch parties he would for sure.
He already will... Sinema the “far left” senator from Arizona who is actually a Conservative Democrat like Manchin is gonna benefit as well.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:10 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:33 pm
Maybe, but if I were in the GOP I'd be wanting to get this over one way or another as soon as possible. As more video, evidence and arrests are made public with each passing day it only shows what transpired to be worse than previously known. What might have passed for less than criminal provocateuring is now looking more and more like an orchestrated attempt to overthrow the government. If you're Cruz or Hawley you're really hoping this gets put to bed right away before there are some serious attempts to investigate your own culpability.
That could actually work to the advantage of Trump's defense.

It is becoming more clear that there was a small faction that had been planning something like this for a while, and took advantage of the opportunity to shadow inside the much larger Trump support base. Unless they can show he knew something like this existed, all he did was encourage his supporters to rally down at the Capitol, not break in.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:19 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:10 am
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:33 pm
Maybe, but if I were in the GOP I'd be wanting to get this over one way or another as soon as possible. As more video, evidence and arrests are made public with each passing day it only shows what transpired to be worse than previously known. What might have passed for less than criminal provocateuring is now looking more and more like an orchestrated attempt to overthrow the government. If you're Cruz or Hawley you're really hoping this gets put to bed right away before there are some serious attempts to investigate your own culpability.
That could actually work to the advantage of Trump's defense.

It is becoming more clear that there was a small faction that had been planning something like this for a while, and took advantage of the opportunity to shadow inside the much larger Trump support base. Unless they can show he knew something like this existed, all he did was encourage his supporters to rally down at the Capitol, not break in.
Which won’t matter at the impeachment but might in a court of law.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:14 am

Trump said, “We’ll march...” and “I’ll be there with you...”. The question is why did he decide NOT to go with them?

Because he knew what they’d be doing after he incited and provoked. Trump being a coward would never want to get bruised, cut, or bloody. He wants to watch everyone else get hurt and killed.

And now you’ve got in the room where it happened - the army officer brother of “Declare Martial Law Mike Flynn” (Trump’s pardoned criminal buddy) when the Capitol Police call into the Pentagon - frantically begging for The National Guard to help quell the capitol melee - as it was ragging.

At first - the Army denied Flynn’s officer brother was in the room. But now the press reports - that was a damn lie.

So the coup plot thickens.

I believe desperate Trump and Mike Flynn and his brother knew precisely what would be going down - the hour our democracy was in a death grip.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:35 pm
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 pm
If McConnell's comments mean anything at all it would seem to indicate to greenlight a senate conviction. No small potatoes.
I don't know that you will see a conviction, but the count is presumably 17 needed. I would put Romney, Collins, Murkowski, and Toomey in the likely/leans column. Then there are a number of maybe, such as Sasse and Rubio. I have to wonder is Hawley or Cruz would be yes votes to separate themselves from 1/6.
I nailed the four for sure votes, and I got Sasse. Cassidy and Burr were surprises.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic