Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Norway Warns About The Frail Taking COVID Vaccine And Dying From It

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Norway Warns About The Frail Taking COVID Vaccine And Dying From It

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:53 pm

These are not "anti vaxxers". But they don't define frail. I would say that people with multiple comorbidities are frail. I think Warp Speed might be a bad thing on this, as well as it being an RNA based vaccine which is largely unproven.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/norway-tu ... the-shots/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Re: Norway Warns About The Frail Taking COVID Vaccine And Dying From It

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:08 pm

Big league politics = conspiracy theories = fake news = failed fact checks = zero credibility

https://www.politifact.com/personalitie ... -politics/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Since TT's only line of defense is to attack the source, here is a Bloomberg piece on this subject:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium
Norway said Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority as countries assess the real-world side effects of the first shots to gain approval.

Norwegian officials said 23 people had died in the country a short time after receiving their first dose of the vaccine. Of those deaths, 13 have been autopsied, with the results suggesting that common side effects may have contributed to severe reactions in frail, elderly people, according to the Norwegian Medicines Agency.

“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.”

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Bloomberg: Cheer leaders for capitalism.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 pm
So what do you want? The Hill? ABC News? The Hindu Times? Pick a source. They all confirm the same data.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:12 pm

Big League has failed bigly.

More nonsense from the pseudo intellectuals on the right.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:10 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
So what do you want? The Hill? ABC News? The Hindu Times? Pick a source. They all confirm the same data.
Do you have anything in a nice Bhuddist?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:09 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm
Since TT's only line of defense is to attack the source, here is a Bloomberg piece on this subject:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium
Norway said Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority as countries assess the real-world side effects of the first shots to gain approval.

Norwegian officials said 23 people had died in the country a short time after receiving their first dose of the vaccine. Of those deaths, 13 have been autopsied, with the results suggesting that common side effects may have contributed to severe reactions in frail, elderly people, according to the Norwegian Medicines Agency.

“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.”
You can certainly understand why the pharma companies that were involved in the vaccines were seeking legal protection to participate. If those 23 folks were in the USA, there'd be 23 multi-million dollar lawsuits and then a big class-action suit filed where the lawyers end up with 90% of the cash, the old folks still dead, their families grieving, and even more companies gun-shy to participate next time.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 am

If this is a trend, it will reveal itself globally soon enough, and science will adjust. This idea of absolute perfection isn't what science is about.

You must admit it's remarkable that a vaccine was created with such high effectiveness in such a short time.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:08 am

Actually, Operation Warp Speed left many thinking that there actually was a Warp Speed. Science fiction leaves many with the idea that certain things are possible that really aren't.

But if you believe in real proven science, which most of you here have no real knowledge of, beyond Junior High, High School, and watered down University courses for distribution requirements for nonscientific student minds, you would know that skipping steps is risky at best. How many of you have taken an advanced graduate or professional course in Microbiology? This is the first vaccine of this type. Norway has already found a problem.

Actually, people like you criticized the President (he still is, BTW) to the point that he was ready to pursue risky vaccines because there was no other way he was going to be allowed to pursue. People like you painted him into a corner. We had Hydroxychoroquine, which is the first line of defense in early cases in scores of other countries, and would have saved an estimated 70,000 lives in the US, banned by mostly Democrat Governors. The AMA has quietly and recently admitted that it should be used in early cases, as politicized as the AMA has become in recent years.This drug is used by everyone who goes on African Safaris, and has been known to be safe for many decades. I know some of them. Many are in their 70s, and are still very active and even athletic. They are fine. No side effects, long or short term.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:18 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:10 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
He prefers the Working Class Union Daily. 100% accurate.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:56 am

BTW, I think the editing footnote is overused, and tries to insinuate something sinister. I just added ONE LETTER to a word that was misspelled, and that was counted as an edit. There should be a spelling correction and a minimum time to change a post before "informing" on an edit, making it appear sinister.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:09 pm

OK. So maybe I rushed to judgement on this one. They did report it last night on Radio Havana.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:58 pm

I think the concerns expressed by Norway and others need to be taken seriously.

Sheer reason suggests the speed with which the various COVID-19 vaccines are being rolled out means a greater risk of the unknown (with regard to side effects) exists.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic