Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Homeland Security Committee chair calls Ted Cruz a "Domestic Terrorist."

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Homeland Security Committee chair calls Ted Cruz a "Domestic Terrorist."

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 pm

This, from House Homeland Security Committee Chair Rep. Bennie Thompson:
First of all, these folks [Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley], in my opinion, can be classified as domestic terrorists because of the actions they participated in on Wednesday. Now under normal circumstances international terrorists are out on no-fly lists. These are domestic terrorists—same thing. A terrorist is a terrorist, no matter who you are.
So this is how much the rhetoric has been ratcheted up. You now have someone in a high position of power referring to his political opponents as "domestic terrorists" and threatening to revoke their travel privileges.

I stand by my prediction of a few weeks ago that we as a country are in for a rough 2 years. The Democrats aren't interested in "unity." They're interested instead in obliterating their political opponents. This is the kind of rhetoric rarely used against world leaders from OTHER countries, let alone leaders in our own country.

TC Talks

Re: Homeland Security Committee chair calls Ted Cruz a "Domestic Terrorist."

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:29 pm

You don't seem to understand that Jan 6 was a terrorist act against the USA. That is how the Government, and an overwhelming majority of the elected leaders see it. Those who don't see it that way will be marginalized or terminated. In other countries, people who do what these fringe people did are executed. Here we have a rule of law, and unlike these deplorables, the Justice Department and FBI will follow the law to see that justice is served. Just wait until the GOP regroups and tears apart the RNC's current leadership.

Just add this to another way your clan of freaks have lost. Coming back again and again to demonstrate that the terrorists lost doesn't change the reality that the Government isn't going to be overthrown.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:38 pm

What was Ted Cruz's specific role in these "terrorist attacks" ?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:38 pm
What was Ted Cruz's specific role in these "terrorist attacks" ?
Here's some insight about it. At least he probably won't be removed with the 14th Amendment Section 3, but there are calls for this to happen. The Republicans are now cleaning house of the Trump supporters. It's not personal, it's politics, like when Merrick Garland got fucked out of the SCOUTS by the Republicans. It is going to be this way for a while. The GOP is quite efficient at cleaning up their messes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ve-infamy/

And his Home State paper's perspective.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ve-infamy/
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Both links are the same. I read the article. I must have missed the part where Cruz engaged in domestic terrorism. Perhaps you could quote the part of his floor speech that reached the level of domestic terrorism.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:00 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:59 pm
Both links are the same. I read the article. I must have missed the part where Cruz engaged in domestic terrorism. Perhaps you could quote the part of his floor speech that reached the level of domestic terrorism.
I can explain to you, but I can't Understand it for you.

I made a simple Graph to estimate how things look today, can you see who has the smallest piece of pie?
(Made on the Department of Ed website, Thanks Betsy!)

And I pray at night that Trump starts his own political party...
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:51 pm
it's politics, like when Merrick Garland got fucked out of the SCOUTS by the Republicans...
AND...the truth finally comes out. This IS about nothing more than politics! It is revenge.

Why can't your side just move on? You will soon be in control of everything. Why must revenge occur before you take power?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:02 pm

I will if you will. Actually, I don't really care that much about Garland, I was using it as an example of how your team is now out and will be torn apart by the GOP. McConnell is really pissed and knows how to make problems go away.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:03 pm

I will ask you again since you can't seem to directly answer the question. Accusations of domestic terrorism are DAMN SERIOUS allegations. Do you not think it is that serious? Oh, that's right, as you said, it is just political revenge. Anyways, when you make an accusation, you better have evidence to back it up. You've pointed to a floor speech given by Ted Cruz. WHAT SPECIFICALLY did Cruz say that rises to the level of domestic terrorism? You'd be in a heap of trouble as a lawyer in a court room if you couldn't directly answer such a question.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:02 pm
I will if you will. Actually, I don't really care that much about Garland, I was using it as an example of how your team is now out and will be torn apart by the GOP. McConnell is really pissed and knows how to make problems go away.
I DID. I can't help it you didn't more closely read my responses to various "stolen election" threads in here in the weeks after the election. I said, and I quote, "At the end of the day, I believe Joe Biden legitimately won the election, if maybe by very slightly smaller margins than will be certified." Not sure what else you want out of me. Unless you're playing a game of guilt by association just like you are with Ted Cruz.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:12 pm

I would lend to a lawyer to answer the question. Do you think the Senate would decide on removing Cruz soley on facts? You've never been in a jury. There isn't a smoking gun like there is with Trump admitting he was responsible for the insurrection to McCarthy. I believe Ted is a terrorist. Life is gray, especially in the political arena. You've certainly discounted Trumps lawlessness without any problems. It can be frustrating when people are finally held accountable for sure.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:18 pm

So you can't even explain to me how you reached your conclusion that Cruz is a terrorist.

Got it.

And btw - while I haven't served on a jury, I have helped present a case in a 3-day federal jury trial in the Eastern District federal court.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 pm

I can explain, I posted a link of his speech, that explains it clearly. you just reject my or any explanation because you don't want to hear the truth. Again, I can explain it, I can not understand it for you.
― Matt

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Cruz fired up the fascist crowd, and he needs to go.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Laughable.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic