Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

My final thoughts on the Trump Presidency

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

My final thoughts on the Trump Presidency

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:14 am

Matt did a thread on this - I'm going to make one too, albeit shorter.

The first 3 and a quarter years of the Trump presidency were a success. By any objective measures, times were good a year ago.

Then came Covid. While I think Trump HANDLED it as best he could given the circumstances, his MESSAGING was a disaster, and he ultimately lost the PR war. The pro-lockdown, pro-restriction crowd won this PR battle, and Trump was just plain incapable of properly articulating the anti-lockdown position. I believe he ultimately lost the election because of this, and that absent Covid, he would have won the election. It still would have been close, but I think he would have won.

Then came Trump's "imploding" that some people predicted years ago was inevitable to happen. His refusal to accept electoral defeat. EVEN IF he believes the election was stolen from him, deal-makers know when they're beat and when to walk away and how to plot their next move. Trump failed to recognize the proper time to do this, and the fallout from his miscalculation leaves him on the verge of a second impeachment and without so much as a twitter account. He COULD have kept his Twitter account. He COULD have stuck around to torment Joe Biden on Twitter for 4 years. He COULD have coasted to the 2024 Republican nomination if he wanted it. But he voluntarily threw all that away on what he should have recognized was a losing battle. While I still think he's the front-runner for 2024, he made his path unnecessarily much more difficult than it needed to be.

I don't know where we go from here. The left is already over-playing their newly found empowerment, and the fallout from Covid is only starting, so I do think Republicans take back the House in 2022, possibly by a significant margin. IF they can figure out how to unify their own party.

TC Talks

Re: My final thoughts on the Trump Presidency

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:53 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:14 am
I don't know where we go from here. The left is already over-playing their newly found empowerment, and the fallout from Covid is only starting, so I do think Republicans take back the House in 2022, possibly by a significant margin. IF they can figure out how to unify their own party.
I agree that he had some legislative wins. But his social politics were rotten. You also left out the 700+ million dollars of donor cash that were siphoned into his personal control. He is still running a shell game on that front.

I think your off base on the GOP's ability to reassemble a consensus in two years. I think the Senate has a greater likelihood to fall back into their control. Look at the pieces of the puzzle: Conservative Christians, Capitalists, Older People, and the Fringe element. The fringe (Core Trumpers) will be putting up primary candidates and dividing the party. Trump even eluded to starting a new political party (I pray this happens).

Trump himself is going to be busy with other things; Ballon payments on his holdings are coming due and real estate is in tatters. State prosecutions just go a big political boost. Federal crimes (which Biden said wouldn't likely be pursued)are now a possibility. I predict in two years he's hosting a game show.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Trump was never a success. Always a con man liar and destroyer of The USA.

Because - he did the dictator wanna-be thing - instantly - calling established free press “Fake News”,

disobeying US Constitution, disregarding subpoenas,

not revealing tax returns and not setting aside his businesses, making bucks for his businesses off his new job as president and leader of the free world,

embracing heavy duty nepotism, selecting advisors who lean Nazi and other fascist incarnations,

publicly backing Putin over his own US security agencies re Russia election interference, licking Vlad’s feet at every opportunity, allowing Russia to pull off the most sweeping spy operation ever accomplished against our nation,

getting in a trade war with China, “falling in love” with North Korea Kim, causing distrust for many reasons among our NATO allies, threatening Ukraine unless they dug up dirt on Biden’s son, being impeached,

obliterating sentimental national treasure of Jackie Kennedy’s Rose Garden at the White House,

killing Americans by thumbing nose at COVID and COVID mitigation measures,

playing golf far more than any other US president, forever separating innocent immigrant children from their parents, lying to voters that Mexico would pay for “the wall”, mocking US war heroes even after death, denigrating gold star parents,

abusing groups of persons by way of religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, disability - attacking the credibility of our US security agencies ( CIA, FBI, etc), stopping White House news conferences for weeks at a time,

leading the anti-Obama Birther movement, trying to destroy Obamacare (ACA) many times including during the pandemic,

inciting murderous insurrection at hallowed US Capitol building, causing the people’s elected representatives to hide for their lives during that bloody hours-long melee, and causing the Constitutionally-mandated Congressional counting of electoral votes to be disrupted until the next morning,

holding meetings with Putin unprecedentedly minus US witnesses, watching TV all morning then finally coming down to work at noon,

giving dystopian inaugural address, as well as SOU addresses filled with lies - causing Speaker of The House finally to tear up the speech on camera,

cutting safety regulations, installing cabinet secretaries hell bent on destroying their departments, never staffing some government positions,

tear gassing peaceful protestors, holding COVID “super spreader events at the White House,

installing an attorney general to act as president’s personal attorney, allegedly killing Jeffrey Epstein behind bars in jail facility and attributing death to suicide, pardoning the crimes of convicted friends and associates,

going through disgruntled White House staff like water through a goose, concocting a hoax of massive election fraud and stating he had actually won reelection in a landslide,

telling doubters of his mental health here at home and around the world - that he’s “a very stable genius.”

And on and on and on. With lie after lie after lie.

Until the US reputation and standing in the world was significantly diminished from it’s usual strong place of leadership and honor. While Donald Trump was mocked through out the world as an orange-faced, dummy, man-baby.
Last edited by screen glare on Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:20 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump was never a success. Always a con man liar and destroyer of The USA.

Because - he did the dictator wanna-be thing - instantly - calling established free press “Fake News”, disobeying US Constitution, not revealing tax returns and not setting aside his businesses, making bucks for his businesses off his new job as leader of the free world, embracing heavy duty nepotism, selecting advisors who lean Nazi and other fascist incarnations, public ally backing Putin over his own US agencies, licking Vlad’s wee wee at every opportunity, then Korea Kim’s, causing distrust among our NATO allies, threatening Ukraine unless they dug up dirt on Biden’s son, being impeached, destroying sentimental national treasure of Jackie Kennedy’s Rose Garden, killing Americans by thumbing nose at COVID and COVID mitigation measures, playing golf more far than any other US president, forever separating innocent immigrant children from parents, lying to voters Mexico would build “the wall”, mocking US war heroes even after death, denigrating gold star parents, abusing persons by way of religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, disability - attacking the credibility of our US security agencies ( CIA, FBI, etc), stopping White House news conferences for weeks at a time, leading the anti-Obama Birther movement, trying to destroy Obamacare (ACA) many times including during pandemic, inciting murderous insurrection at hallowed US Capitol building, causing the people’s elected representatives to hide for their lives, and causing the Constitutionally-mandated Congressional counting of electoral votes to be disrupted until far into the next morning, holding meetings with Putin unprecedentedly minus any US witnesses, watching TV all morning then finally coming to work at noon, giving dystopian inaugural address, as well as SOU addresses filled with lies causing Speaker of The House to tear up the speech on camera, cutting safety regulations, installing cabinet secretaries hell bent on destroying their departments, never staffing many government positions, tear gassing peaceful protestors, holding COVID “super spreader events at the White House, installing an attorney general to act as president’s personal attorney on many different matters, killing Jeffrey Epstein in pen and attributing suicide, pop pardoning the crimes of convicted friends and associates, going through White House staff like shit through a goose, concocting hoax of massive election fraud and stating he had actually won reelection in a landslide, telling doubters of his mental health here at home and around the world that he’s “a very stable genius.” And on and on and on.
tl;dr
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:20 pm

I do think Republicans take back the House in 2022, possibly by a significant margin. IF they can figure out how to unify their own party.
This is wrong on two levels. All it takes is one TV commercial showing the US Reps support of Trump on a split screen with footage of the riot. Then all the Reps that didn't support Trump will be opposed in the primaries by someone not palatable to the electorate as a whole. The Dems will OWN the House in 2022, thanks to the President. Marjorie Taylor-Green better have fun while it lasts.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:25 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:20 pm
tl;dr
Agreed. Paragraphs and sentences are your friend. What I see is a run-on list of grievances. Pick your few strongest points and elaborate on them.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:53 am
bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:14 am
I agree that he had some legislative wins. But his social politics were rotten. You also left out the 700+ million dollars of donor cash that were siphoned into his personal control. He is still running a shell game on that front.

I think your off base on the GOP's ability to reassemble a consensus in two years. I think the Senate has a greater likelihood to fall back into their control. Look at the pieces of the puzzle: Conservative Christians, Capitalists, Older People, and the Fringe element. The fringe (Core Trumpers) will be putting up primary candidates and dividing the party. Trump even eluded to starting a new political party (I pray this happens).

Trump himself is going to be busy with other things; Ballon payments on his holdings are coming due and real estate is in tatters. State prosecutions just go a big political boost. Federal crimes (which Biden said wouldn't likely be pursued)are now a possibility. I predict in two years he's hosting a game show.
By the time election season rolls around in 2022, the fallout from Covid will be the overriding issue of the day. And Democrats will own it. That alone will cause some moderates who voted for Biden in 2020 to vote Republican in 2022. My concern is whether the Republican party can put together a post-Covid agenda that will actually get people to the polls to vote for. Simply being a Democrat-lite version ain't gonna cut it (ie, we'll send you stimulus checks, just smaller ones).

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:21 pm

The GOP seems to have a habit of leaving the country in a mess for Democrats to clean up.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 pm

TC Talks BIG TRUTH there! So correct!!

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:58 pm

I for one, will be quite happy Jan 20, 2021 at 12pm. It's not to say, Mr.Biden is the man with the plan, on the white horse but at least fascist rule or tightly restrained anyhow. If the sheeple elect Republicans back into power in 2 years, that will be like hiring a child molester to run a daycare center.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic