Acceptable registrations in the queue through February 13 at 6:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

“Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 am

A lot of Trump voters said they voted for a policy or policies. Not the man’s character.

How’s that working for ya?

Lesson learned: character very important. Character and policy are NOT mutually exclusive. Both should never be ignored.



Deleted User 15475

Re: “Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:11 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 am
A lot of Trump voters said they voted for a policy or policies. Not the man’s character.

How’s that working for ya?

Lesson learned: character very important. Character and policy are NOT mutually exclusive. Both should never be ignored.
Ah... yes back in the 1990's that was a key issue The GOP was running in the 1996 election. As far as I'm concerned, The red party has no right to caterwaul about "The moral fiber of this nation". They affixed themselves onto such an immoral awful man. Now, even his biggest boot lickers are scurrying away as fast there feet will take them.

"Buh Buh Buh The Judges... mahhhh". "Buh Buh Buh "Religious freedom"... mahhhh" . As the excuse usually plays out.

Yes, I do concur, integrity and character are things we have gotten away from in Society. Donald Trump is the person a child should never grow up to be.



screen glare
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: “Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Post by screen glare » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:47 am

There are two good things that have come from Trump winning one term in the presidency.

1. Throughout his four years of destroying democracy and telling copious lies each day - many Americans who knew nothing about the workings of government, US history, and other things usually learned in school - finally learned these things - by paying attention to news stories featuring Trump.

2. And - Trump kept his promise to “Make America Great Again” by accomplishing a rare political hat trick - turning the US presidency, US House, and US Senate all into Democrat dominance.

Swell!



Matt
Posts: 3863
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: “Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:59 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:47 am
There are two good things that have come from Trump winning one term in the presidency.

1. Throughout his four years of destroying democracy and telling copious lies each day - many Americans who knew nothing about the workings of government, US history, and other things usually learned in school - finally learned these things - by paying attention to news stories featuring Trump.

2. And - Trump kept his promise to “Make America Great Again” by accomplishing a rare political hat trick - turning the US presidency, US House, and US Senate all into Democrat dominance.

Swell!
Except that Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump also came into office with their party having the political hat trick. I wouldn't call that rare.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 4993
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: “Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:59 am
screen glare wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:47 am
There are two good things that have come from Trump winning one term in the presidency.

1. Throughout his four years of destroying democracy and telling copious lies each day - many Americans who knew nothing about the workings of government, US history, and other things usually learned in school - finally learned these things - by paying attention to news stories featuring Trump.

2. And - Trump kept his promise to “Make America Great Again” by accomplishing a rare political hat trick - turning the US presidency, US House, and US Senate all into Democrat dominance.

Swell!
Except that Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump also came into office with their party having the political hat trick. I wouldn't call that rare.
This is the one reason I am happy to learn Pelosi is stepping down.


© 2021 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and except my terms of usage.

screen glare
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: “Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Post by screen glare » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:49 am

OK , Matt.

Then medium rare?

Medium?



Whatever - Trump stuck a fork in it.



screen glare
Posts: 2611
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: “Vote For Policy. Not Character.” BIG Mistake!

Post by screen glare » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 am

Uh, R Bedell -

How long does it take you to clean your AK 47 while listening to Rush trash FemiNazi Killery? Are you done by the end of his show? Or do you finish while listening to Levin? Because you clean more than one gun at a time?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic