Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Congressman Peter Meijer (R-Grand Rapids) rebukes G.O.P. pols for post-election day rhetoric

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Congressman Peter Meijer (R-Grand Rapids) rebukes G.O.P. pols for post-election day rhetoric

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 pm

Mr. Meijer never positioned himself as a Trump slappie during his candidacy; he ran as a center-right Republican. Makes sense given the legacy of the Congressional district he now represents. This is the seat once held by Paul Henry, Vern Ehlers and Jerry Ford, after all.

His predecessor, Justin Amash, once characterized as an ultra conservative, over time proved himself to be much more Libertarian than anything. He was not afraid to repudiate his own party - one from which he has since dissociated - when he felt it was the right thing to do. Although not mild mannered like Mr. Ehlers, Mr. Amash always conducted himself with class.

I have no idea if Mr. Meijer shares any of the Libertarian tendencies that Mr. Amash possesses - but like Mr. Amash, Mr. Meijer has quickly proven himself unafraid to clash with conservative mouthpieces and his fellow G.O.P. pols when he sees such individuals engaging in rhetoric he views as objectionable.

While I don't agree 100% with everything Meijer says here - I agree with most of it. I commend him for speaking out. That's a bold thing for a freshman Congressman to do.

https://www.mlive.com/politics/2021/01/ ... ttack.html

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Re: Congressman Peter Meijer (R-Grand Rapids) rebukes G.O.P. pols for post-election day rhetoric

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Trump is a loser who is circling the toilet. There is absolutely no repercussions for calling him out anymore. I think Ted Cruz sealed his fate, he's not going to be the Republican candidate in 2024.

Republicans are in trouble and those who stay married to the Trump methodology are going to have trouble with the exception of a few congressmen in fringe rural areas like Alabama. Most Republicans want a better tax rate and a rollback on regulations. They are not looking for a white supremacist revolution.

we saw today that he has essentially lost his voice on Twitter and Facebook, Parler is about to be thrown off Apple. By the time he gets re-established he'll have maybe a few million followers but we're a nation of 320 million.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Congressman Peter Meijer (R-Grand Rapids) rebukes G.O.P. pols for post-election day rhetoric

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:49 pm

I am afraid hos supporters aren't going anywhere for the most part. It will be interesting to see how the "moral majority" feels about what happened in the coming days. I don't personally think Cruz is done. I think he has a decent shot at the nomination in 24.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:35 am

Ted Cruz won't be the nominee, because if he is, the Republicans will lose the White House (again) in 2024.

Trump has a very large cohort of hardcore supporters - no question. However, I would submit that a sizable percentage of the 74 million folks who voted for Trump (myself included - a vote I now regret) did so in spite of his caustic personality and did so strictly on policy grounds, NOT because they are enamored of the man.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:42 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic