Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cruz'in to a logical conclusion

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Cruz'in to a logical conclusion

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:40 am

Ted Cruz makes a lot of sense, again! He's a gifted speaker.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1346900123234807817

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Re: Cruz'in to a logical conclusion

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Only a dope would take notice of anything the Cruz says. Unworthy and untrustworthy. Needs to be voted out.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:49 pm

Ted Cruz is a fucking pile of shit. Says nothing when Trump calls his wife ugly and blames his father for the Kennedy assasination.

WSJ today on this piece of garbage: Senator Cruz’s effort to defend objections to Mr. Biden’s electors was woeful. “Recent polling shows that 39% of Americans believe the election that just occurred ‘was rigged,’” he said. “What does it say, to the nearly half the country that believes this election was rigged, if we vote not even to consider the claims of illegality and fraud?”

Mr. Cruz laments the fire as he wields a flamethrower. To the extent that Mr. Trump has made fraud claims in court, they’ve been dismissed. Yet without evidence, he keeps saying that thousands of ballots were faked or shredded or altered by hacked Dominion voting machines. The correct response is to push back against conspiracy theories, not to fan the anger and fund-raise off the credulous.

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:36 pm

Go ahead and attack the messenger, but what he said was true. There are a number of folks - both Republicans and Democrats - who believe the voting process was manipulated. Of course the Democrats won't complain this time because their guy won, but the next time they lose it would certainly be a topic of interest.

Why not just run the rumors into the ground with FACTS and DATA instead of just summarily dismissing them as "unproven"?? And don't bring up the court cases... as none of them actually looked into the details. You could blame those court losses on incompetent lawyers who couldn't bring a convincing case to be heard as the problem there, causing the cases to get dismissed before even the discovery process.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:40 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:36 pm
Go ahead and attack the messenger, but what he said was true. There are a number of folks - both Republicans and Democrats - who believe the voting process was manipulated. Of course the Democrats won't complain this time because their guy won, but the next time they lose it would certainly be a topic of interest.

Why not just run the rumors into the ground with FACTS and DATA instead of just summarily dismissing them as "unproven"?? And don't bring up the court cases... as none of them actually looked into the details. You could blame those court losses on incompetent lawyers who couldn't bring a convincing case to be heard as the problem there, causing the cases to get dismissed before even the discovery process.
How do you prove a negative? There was NO EVIDENCE OF FRAUD. Just assertions by a psychotic man.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:23 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:49 pm
.... “Recent polling shows that 39% of Americans believe the election that just occurred ‘was rigged,’” he said. “What does it say, to the nearly half the country that believes this election was rigged, if we vote not even to consider the claims of illegality and fraud?” .....
I believe the election was rigged. I believe there was an algorithm or something in the programming to alter the outcome.

But I've said this before. I don't think now is the time to hastily dispute it. Let the Democrats come to power. Gracefully concede. Then spend some time methodically proving it. Make a good case, or at least a credible perception, ahead of 2022 and 2024.

Right now the Republicans are acting like Democrats.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:56 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:23 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:49 pm
.... “Recent polling shows that 39% of Americans believe the election that just occurred ‘was rigged,’” he said. “What does it say, to the nearly half the country that believes this election was rigged, if we vote not even to consider the claims of illegality and fraud?” .....
I believe the election was rigged. I believe there was an algorithm or something in the programming to alter the outcome.

But I've said this before. I don't think now is the time to hastily dispute it. Let the Democrats come to power. Gracefully concede. Then spend some time methodically proving it. Make a good case, or at least a credible perception, ahead of 2022 and 2024.

Right now the Republicans are acting like Democrats.
So all those Other races weren’t in on it and the Democrats purposely lost themselves the senate everywhere else to cover their tracks?

Reality is not some Hollywood spy movie... even Republican officials who run the elections say they were safe. It’s beyond stupidity at this point.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:00 pm

Lyin' Ted is a traitor to this country as are the other fools who refused to honor the vote of the people.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Asking for a bi-partisan election commission to investigate the potential claims of fraud is akin to a traitor?

Hardly.

Even Cruz said overturning the the election was unlikely, but he was wanting to put the fraud claims to rest.

If you would have watched the video you would known that, I guess you are so busy on unemployment you didn't have a chance?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:40 pm

How do you prove a negative? There was NO EVIDENCE OF FRAUD. Just assertions by a psychotic man.
It took 3.5 years to investigate "Russian Collusion" to find there was NO EVIDENCE of it. How many investigations have we had on voter fraud? How long did they go on?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:

It took 3.5 years to investigate "Russian Collusion" to find there was NO EVIDENCE of it. How many investigations have we had on voter fraud? How long did they go on?
If I called your wife ugly, would you punch me in the face, Bryce? I bet you would. (FWIW, I am certain your wife is a stunning, attractive woman.) Nonetheless, this man allowed that to be said with no rebuke. Taking politics out of the matter, that is all you need to know about him. He is a spineless individual.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:31 pm

But, didn't Rudy lose in court about 60 times because there was zero evidence of fraud? What is there to investigate?

Allegations of fraud aren't evidence of fraud.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:32 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:00 pm
Asking for a bi-partisan election commission to investigate the potential claims of fraud is akin to a traitor?

Hardly.

Even Cruz said overturning the the election was unlikely, but he was wanting to put the fraud claims to rest.

If you would have watched the video you would known that, I guess you are so busy on unemployment you didn't have a chance?
You know, for someone who claims to like less government, you certainly support more bureaucracy. A committee for this, committee for that. We already know that most of the Trump ilk like yourself support voter suppression. Fear of a minority majority by 2045. History will not be kind to you. No matter how much you or others rip on me and others for being in unemployed in an economy where the 1% thrive and everyone else suffers as a result of your Soviet sucking leech of a president....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:37 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:27 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:

If I called your wife ugly, would you punch me in the face, Bryce? I bet you would. (FWIW, I am certain your wife is a stunning, attractive woman.) Nonetheless, this man allowed that to be said with no rebuke. Taking politics out of the matter, that is all you need to know about him. He is a spineless individual.
No, I wouldn't punch you in the face. If I did, I would be guilty of assault. Aggravated assault actually. And yes, my wife is stunning. I married above my pay grade and so did Ted.

If Ted reacted the way you propose he should have, wouldn't that have made him guilty of acting like Trump?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:31 pm
But, didn't Rudy lose in court about 60 times because there was zero evidence of fraud? What is there to investigate?

Allegations of fraud aren't evidence of fraud.
Courts want evidence. Tough to present evidence without an investigation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic