Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fascists' storm The US capital.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Fascists' storm The US capital.

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:25 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:21 am
And I could argue she should still be alive today if she was just trespassing. We don’t know all of the specific details about her actions beforehand, those around her, and the officer who shot and killed her.
True, and it appears virtually all of those other trespassers made it out alive, though I am reading 3 other people lost their lives yesterday. She didn't deserve to die. But when you place yourself in a volatile situation like she did, the risks for a situation exactly as happened increase.

The censorship king from out of state.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:33 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:25 am
fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:21 am
And I could argue she should still be alive today if she was just trespassing. We don’t know all of the specific details about her actions beforehand, those around her, and the officer who shot and killed her.
True, and it appears virtually all of those other trespassers made it out alive, though I am reading 3 other people lost their lives yesterday. She didn't deserve to die. But when you place yourself in a volatile situation like she did, the risks for a situation exactly as happened increase.
The only thing I have read on the other three are “medical emergency”. That could be almost anything. I’m sure more details will come out in the near future.

I agree with you the risks for being killed increase in that situation, and she didn’t deserve to die. We actually agree on a few things here, how about that!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:10 am
So you think you should be killed for trespassing? Charged with a crime, yes(the defense argument could be she was let in after the police moved the barricades, but we don’t know for sure), but killed?
Not just trespassing, but willfully violating legal police orders to stop but yet continuing to advance on them. I'd say it was a good shoot, but tragic that it had to happen.
Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:07 am
I sincerely hope you apply the same standard the next time a police officer has to shoot someone that has committed a crime. Michael Brown comes to mind.
As could be said for NUMEROUS other situations similar to Mr. Brown's that resulted in similar fates. But you won't ever hear them acknowledge that. They "didn't do nuffin wrong"!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:41 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:16 am

Technically by the letter of the law, they don't have to protect you. I think it's bull, but the courts twist stuff all the time.

https://www.barneslawllp.com/blog/polic ... otect%20us.
They are there to protect society, not necessarily individuals.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:49 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:46 am
Smells like more Bryce bullshit.

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-dead-shot- ... 23550.html
Police shot an unarmed woman. Where's your outrage?
Participating in a coup IRL is different than playing "Call of Duty" on an XBox. She learned a tough lesson that the Trump flag she was wearing as a cape isn't magical and doesn't stop bullets.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 pm

Most women smart enough to stay away. No matter their political leanings. Far more dumb shit white dudes heeled to master Trump’s dog whistle.

I’m embarrassed to be a white guy. And even some of those boys with big college educations elected to Congress are embarrassing Trumpers - all from my gender/race gene pool.

White ain’t right. It was always true.
And even MORE apparent - since June 6th.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:19 pm

Seems to me, MrReason that the media are busy documenting the fact that currently everything is NOT fine.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Why is lovinlife, now "Mr. Reason", even allowed to post? She was banned for her racist and gay-hating vitriol once, and returns under another username. This piece of human garbage should be banned again.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:17 pm

MrReason wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:06 pm
So, I'm supposed to believe a bunch of hillbillies were able to infiltrate the most secure building on planet earth?

Fort Knox? Federal Reserve Bank? The Vatican? CIA headquarters? The Pentagon? White House?

Only an idiot would call the US Capitol the most secure building on earth. Then again, lovinlife is an idiot. And should still be banned from posting.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:17 pm
MrReason wrote:
So, I'm supposed to believe a bunch of hillbillies were able to infiltrate the most secure building on planet earth?
Fort Knox? Federal Reserve Bank? The Vatican? CIA headquarters? The Pentagon? White House?

Only an idiot would call the US Capitol the most secure building on earth. Then again, lovinlife is an idiot. And should still be banned from posting.
Several folks on TV were describing it as "one of the most secure buildings in the city, in a city that's one of the most secure in the world" Not sure I'd believe 100% of that, but it's definitely a pretty secure building/complex.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:32 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:26 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:17 pm
MrReason wrote:

Several folks on TV were describing it as "one of the most secure buildings in the city, in a city that's one of the most secure in the world" Not sure I'd believe 100% of that, but it's definitely a pretty secure building/complex.
Agree. But that is not what the should-be-banned lovinlife said. "the most secure building on planet earth" were her/his/it's exact words. Anytime I get to prove what a fraud this pile of shit is, I will.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:54 pm

I can't believe there are now 13 pages of argument about this. How can there be two sides to something like this?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm

Who remembers the outrage when protesters stormed the Supreme Court just 2 years ago during Justice Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing?

I sure don't.

164 people arrested.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... te-n917351
A throng of protesters pushed past a police line, storming up steps to pound on the doors of the U.S. Supreme Court on Saturday after the Senate confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh.

"Hey, hey! Ho, ho! Kavanaugh has got to go," the protesters chanted as they flooded the steps of the court, many with fists raised in the air, others with arms linked.

Police eventually were able to form a line between the door and the group of protesters and later shepherded them back down the steps before erecting a barricade.

The protest at the Supreme Court came shortly after Vice President Mike Pence walked down the steps of the U.S. Senate to chants of "shame" after the vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

Droves of protesters pressed up against metal barricades outside the Capitol Building to shout at Pence, who was forced to face their chants as he left.
So those of you who argue that these protests are somehow different than the BLM riots because the capital is somehow sacred can shove it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Nothing is as the left is presenting it. ANTIFA infiltrated the peaceful protest. They wear the black masks and helmets. Not the people chanting we love you to trump.

The left is usually in favor of violence. Look at last summer. Nary a word of truth about it.

What the left really is afraid of is the truth coming out about the stolen elections, and the truth about criminal activity of Democrats. Pure and simple.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:19 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:14 pm
Nothing is as the left is presenting it. ANTIFA infiltrated the peaceful protest. They wear the black masks and helmets. Not the people chanting we love you to trump.

The left is usually in favor of violence. Look at last summer. Nary a word of truth about it.

What the left really is afraid of is the truth coming out about the stolen elections, and the truth about criminal activity of Democrats. Pure and simple.
You make me sick. You stand behind the American flag and pretend to cherish the country when in truth you are about as patriotic as a commie. You don't care about this country at all. You just love your rhetoric.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic