Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fascists' storm The US capital.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Fascists' storm The US capital.

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 pm

A question I have to those of you who say what happened today isn't comparable to the summer riots:

What are your thoughts on comparing this to multiple autonomous zones, at least one of which lasted until just last month? Those were actual SUCCESSFUL coups whereby violent thugs literally took over land within a city and kicked out law enforcement. In those situations, the local politicians ordered law enforcement to STAND DOWN and also told Trump to not send in the feds for help. Granted, those were on small scales and we're talking about DC here, but the reaction by the left to those compared to their reactions today is beyond hypocritical.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:41 pm

Back to the most legitimate question I've heard all week. what did we do to fix the broken electoral system when Trump was elected? I don't recall you ever mentioning that the system was broken back then. And that makes the whole line of questions such crap, it's only broken when your candidate loses.

What's broken? And where is the evidence that Trump failed to produce with his band of crazy idiots when they failed to get any traction in any Court in the United States?

I think you're crazy and I don't think that 60 million people believe the same way you do.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 pm

The only folks who thought the electoral system was broke in 2016 were you Clinton supporters, and that was only because you couldn't manipulate it enough

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:48 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:41 pm
Back to the most legitimate question I've heard all week. what did we do to fix the broken electoral system when Trump was elected? I don't recall you ever mentioning that the system was broken back then. And that makes the whole line of questions such crap, it's only broken when your candidate loses.

What's broken? And where is the evidence that Trump failed to produce with his band of crazy idiots when they failed to get any traction in any Court in the United States?

I think you're crazy and I don't think that 60 million people believe the same way you do.
Didn’t the Dems say the system was broken in 2000 and 2016? What about the objection raised after the 2004 election? Saying it’s rigged when your candidate loses is not just a Republican issue.

I believe there was a level a fraud, just like there has been in every election since at least John Adams. Whether it changed the outcome is the issue.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:49 pm

MrReason wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:17 pm
Hitler pushed nobody into a gas chamber. Hitler never pulled a trigger.
The Charles Manson defense... well played, dummy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:

You either don't read most of what I write in here, or you're being intentionally dishonest to try to troll me. I suspect it is a combination of both.

I AM NOT IN THE CAMP THAT BELIEVES THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN.

Go back and read my posts on this subject before coming in here and sounding like an uninformed idiot.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:

You either don't read most of what I write in here, or you're being intentionally dishonest to try to troll me. I suspect it is a combination of both.

I AM NOT IN THE CAMP THAT BELIEVES THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN.

Go back and read my posts on this subject before coming in here and sounding like an uninformed idiot.
So what is this about then? You just wrote this...
Now that Dems control everything, the answer will be "zero." Democrats have no interest in doing ANYTHING to fix our broken electoral system (since they benefit from its problems).

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:59 pm

The Hill reports that 13 arrests were made today.
For reference, there were 14,000+ arrests at the George Floyd protests.

Can it be white privilege that means nobody cracks any heads and just waves them in?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:59 pm
So what is this about then? You just wrote this...
Now that Dems control everything, the answer will be "zero." Democrats have no interest in doing ANYTHING to fix our broken electoral system (since they benefit from its problems).
Apples to oranges. I believe there are a number of things that need reformed in our electoral system. That's very different from believing that the election was stolen via some grand conspiracy of fraud.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 pm

So why now and not in 2016?

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:11 pm

A lot of changes were made this year specifically in the name of the pandemic.

It wasn't perfect in 2016 either. But that said, the changes I would have proposed at the time probably would have increased rather than decreased Trump's margins in the close states.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 pm
A question I have to those of you who say what happened today isn't comparable to the summer riots:

What are your thoughts on comparing this to multiple autonomous zones, at least one of which lasted until just last month? Those were actual SUCCESSFUL coups whereby violent thugs literally took over land within a city and kicked out law enforcement. In those situations, the local politicians ordered law enforcement to STAND DOWN and also told Trump to not send in the feds for help. Granted, those were on small scales and we're talking about DC here, but the reaction by the left to those compared to their reactions today is beyond hypocritical.
None of those autonomous zones attempted to overthrow the federal government as in what happened today. A couple cops got rattled. Big whoop.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 pm

Who said this was to overthrow the government??? The media?? Sure . Go on believing that

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:28 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:49 pm
None of those autonomous zones attempted to overthrow the federal government as in what happened today. A couple cops got rattled. Big whoop.
Do you even know what an autonomous zone is? It is an area occupied by force whereby the occupiers effectively declare independence. I know this was on a smaller scale and didn't involve the federal government, but it was far more than a "Big whoop."

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:43 pm

This is obviously Terrorism, this was a attempt, albeit a futile one to overthrow the government. With the events of this day aside, this shines light on how feeble minded these Alt-Right.... well let's just call it what it really is, your current Republican party and conservative movement. There's nothing but the bloodthirsty lust of power and evil in the hearts of these domestic terrorists. It's really breathtaking how ill-informed and ignorant many of The "Merican" sheeple are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic