Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fascists' storm The US capital.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Fascists' storm The US capital.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:53 pm
The people who actually entered the Capitol should be charged, but they were a very small portion on the people there protesting.

It was (is) largely a peaceful protest. They even started disbursing when the police started asking them to.... With NO fight that I have been able to find. NO damage other than a couple broken windows (and those folks should be prosecuted) and some damage to some abandoned video equipment on the street.
Nancy Pelosi's office has been trashed as have many others.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:58 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
We haven't had attacks like this at the Capitol since 1812. So, yeah, attempted coups are a big deal.
1814, actually.

Yes, I have seen the video of the woman shot from several angles. No images or video of the shooter, just eyewitness accounts.

Those who did damage should be prosecuted, but do you do the same to those who merely entered.

Again, we don’t know for certain who these people were. We don’t know the identity of the woman shot, and her condition- I’ve heard critical, and dead.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:59 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:56 pm
km1125 wrote:
The people who actually entered the Capitol should be charged, but they were a very small portion on the people there protesting.

It was (is) largely a peaceful protest. They even started disbursing when the police started asking them to.... With NO fight that I have been able to find. NO damage other than a couple broken windows (and those folks should be prosecuted) and some damage to some abandoned video equipment on the street.
Nancy Pelosi's office has been trashed as have many others.
I guess we'll see about "trashed".... The only picture I have seen was someone sitting in her desk with his boot on her desk. No damage.... Oh, wait .. They did leave a paper on her keyboard with a message too.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:06 pm

MrReason wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:21 pm
Still waiting on the left to condemn BLM riots.

Since June.

Still waiting.

Were those alleged "Riots" incited and urged on by your President?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:32 pm

MrReason wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:14 pm
Blaming Trump for all of this is like blaming Hitler for everything. He’s one man. Hitler likely killed nobody. Someone else did the act.
:rollin Only someone as clueless as lovinlife would excuse Hitler.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm

MrReason wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:13 pm
Oh, and “Fascists’” shouldn’t have an apostrophe in this thread.

Now, make it a great day!
Wrong, McLovin. Fascists is plural and shows possession as they created the storm. Go back to 11th grade grammar class and leave your ivory tower.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:42 pm

MrReason wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:14 pm
Blaming Trump for all of this is like blaming Hitler for everything. He’s one man. Hitler likely killed nobody. Someone else did the act.
Hitler ordered the extermination of millions of Jews, Poles, and even other German nationals that were sexual minorities or deemed mentally ill. My great uncle suffered at a Krakow concentration camp for simply living his life in his homeland of Poland.

You're a fucking waste of oxygen, cat turd.

Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:07 pm

None of the riots that took place this summer targeted the US Congress / Capitol itself while it was in the process of doing one its most important tasks.

If you cannot see the difference in the level of severity of what happened today, and who the instigator was, you really need to pause and re-examine the facts.

This isn't about quantifying or comparing property damage, injuries, or death. It's much, much bigger. Just take some time to read the statements that are coming in from our allies to understand just how much of a different level this is.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:14 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:07 pm
None of the riots that took place this summer targeted the US Congress / Capitol itself while it was in the process of doing one its most important tasks.

If you cannot see the difference in the level of severity of what happened today, and who the instigator was, you really need to pause and re-examine the facts.

This isn't about quantifying or comparing property damage, injuries, or death. It's much, much bigger. Just take some time to read the statements that are coming in from our allies to understand just how much of a different level this is.
Even the media acknowledges that the task for Congress today was largely symbolic.. in fact, the other day one reporter described it as a "rubber stamp" action.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:15 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:

This isn't about property damage, injuries, or death. It's much, much bigger. Just take some time to read the statements that are coming in from our allies to understand just how much of a different level this is.
Most of them won't. Trump can do nothing wrong as far as this group is concerned. The only true statement he might have uttered in the past 4 years was when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and get away with it. This disgrace proves it, because these fools are still making excuses for him, despite the scenes they saw with their own eyes. They goosestep behind him and always will.

Thank God he will be out of office in 2 weeks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:14 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:

Even the media acknowledges that the task for Congress today was largely symbolic.. in fact, the other day one reporter described it as a "rubber stamp" action.
Man, are you clueless.

Hey bidet, can I borrow that "over your head" meme?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm

I've just watched the various video of the people that stormed the Capitol.

I see and notice little things average people don't. I will give 2 to 1 odds that the small number of people that stormed the Capitol were not run of the mill Trump supporters.

Notice too, the crowd went home at curfew time in an orderly fashion.

If this was an uprising and or riot, those folks better see if BLM or ANTIFA could give them some lessons on how to do it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:21 pm

I'm also reminded the raft of shit Ted Wheeler, Portland's mayor as well the Seattle's mayor got from Trump for being 'weak' against protesters who disobeyed police and, in Portland's case, wreaked havoc at a federal property. Go back and check those tweets... '10 years in prison for crimes against federal property', yada yada...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm
I've just watched the various video of the people that stormed the Capitol.

I see and notice little things average people don't. I will give 2 to 1 odds that the small number of people that stormed the Capitol were not run of the mill Trump supporters.

Notice too, the crowd went home at curfew time in an orderly fashion.

If this was an uprising and or riot, those folks better see if BLM or ANTIFA could give them some lessons on how to do it.
Well if they had let loose the tear gas I'm sure they would have received some tips on first aid and such...

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Man, are you clueless.

Hey bidet, can I borrow that "over your head" meme?
Clueless?? Surely you jest!! How many times in our country's history has this task assigned to Congress made a difference in who served as President and Vice President??

Maybe you're just clueless on those facts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic