Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Election is Over, and it was...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mark Elliott

The Election is Over, and it was...

Post by Mark Elliott » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:08 am

I've been doing a lot of (agreed, just Googling) research, but what I see over and over it..

This was the biggest turnout of eligible voters in hundreds of years.

By all accounts, there were a lot of "split tickets" across the country, where a voter chose different parties for different offices.

There has been only one successful "voter fraud" prosecution, involving a guy using his dead mother's name to cast an absentee ballot.

Is this election "fraudulent"? That claim only works if you say it is ALL fraudulent, including Senate, House and all other races were bedeviled by illegal votes.

So, I see two choices - accept this election, or throw it all out and start over, of which there is no Constitutional method to do so. So in fact for right now, there is only one choice.

AND, without some sort of Constitutional amendment taking away the power of the state to conduct an election, it will be the same four years from now.

Rate This

Re: The Election is Over, and it was...

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:07 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:56 pm
I
this election "fraudulent"? That claim only works if you say it is ALL fraudulent, including Senate, House and all other races were bedeviled by illegal votes.

So, I see two choices - accept this election, or throw it all out and start over, of which there is no Constitutional method to do so. So in fact for right now, there is only one choice.

AND, without some sort of Constitutional amendment taking away the power of the state to conduct an election, it will be the same four years from now.
That is your opinion. :lol :lol :lol
Those are facts Bidet.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Nothing is over until Biden has his hand on the Bible.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:53 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:30 pm
Or PODOTUS Kamala...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:13 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:53 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:30 pm
Or PODOTUS Kamala...
Beats PODOTUS Pence aka a really lousy George W. Bush clone...

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:00 am

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:41 am
Those are facts

I agree, they are "Dumb Shit" facts from a Sesame Street Toddler.

:lol :lol :lol
Bidet, who do you think will be taking the oath of office on 1/20?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:23 am

I don't see anything standing in the way of Mr. Biden taking office next month. I know there are calls for Martial Law but that is not going to happen. The kraken turned out to be a dud, whatever it was supposed to be turned out to be vapors and the Electoral College did their job and voted the way the voters indicated. Vice President Pence will usher in the Biden administration , as he is supposed to, so unless I am missing something the next chapter in presidential history is about to start. There was no more voter fraud than there ever is and no real proof of the massive fraud talked about so I see no way for Trump to stay in the office.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:33 am

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:40 am
MUTT/SFB:

Time will tell.
You do understand that it will not be Donald J. Trump, correct?

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:34 am

I don't think he does

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:34 am
I don't think he does
Even after you spelled out the answer for him!

Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:01 pm

R Bedell wrote:
I
this election "fraudulent"? That claim only works if you say it is ALL fraudulent, including Senate, House and all other races were bedeviled by illegal votes.

R Bedell wrote:
Those are facts

This is what I both love and hate about this board. No attempt at all by this poster to justify their claims or support their position. Just ad hominem attacks, disgusting memes and emojis. To be correct, I was a Sesame Street toddler. Now more of a Adult Swim mid life crisis'er. Second, I've read the Constitution recently. There is no provision listed anywhere for an election "redo". In fact, there is no constitutional provision to object to electoral votes during the counting process. This is only established by US Code (law) that has never been challenged in court.

Let's face it - if we can't agree on a shared set of "facts" how can we have an informed discussion or a useful disagreement? Please enlighten us, what are the "facts"?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Mark Elliott wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:01 pm
R Bedell wrote:
I

R Bedell wrote:
Those are facts

This is what I both love and hate about this board. No attempt at all by this poster to justify their claims or support their position. Just ad hominem attacks, disgusting memes and emojis. To be correct, I was a Sesame Street toddler. Now more of a Adult Swim mid life crisis'er. Second, I've read the Constitution recently. There is no provision listed anywhere for an election "redo". In fact, there is no constitutional provision to object to electoral votes during the counting process. This is only established by US Code (law) that has never been challenged in court.

Let's face it - if we can't agree on a shared set of "facts" how can we have an informed discussion or a useful disagreement? Please enlighten us, what are the "facts"?
Mark, you'd have a better chance of pissing against a 75 mph wind and NOT getting piss on yourself than eliciting an intelligent response from Bidet. Maybe one of his grandcoworkers will read it to him and help him respond.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:48 pm

As far as the election redo, that's why people are calling for Martial law, saying that at that point a new election could be called for. I don't think it works that way. There is also a call for VP Pence to overturn the Electoral count, again no provision for him to do so. What it comes down to is a mirror of 2016, people spent four years denying Hillary lost, now it will happen on the other side. Best to ignore those folk and move on with life.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:53 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:48 pm
As far as the election redo, that's why people are calling for Martial law, saying that at that point a new election could be called for. I don't think it works that way. There is also a call for VP Pence to overturn the Electoral count, again no provision for him to do so. What it comes down to is a mirror of 2016, people spent four years denying Hillary lost, now it will happen on the other side. Best to ignore those folk and move on with life.
The interesting twist which is possibly ironic is that Biden shut down Democratic objections on the senate floor and counted the electoral votes. But yeah there is no provision to overturn the election or declare a new election. They have us confused with Israel which seems to get a government that way every 5 minutes.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:53 pm
zzand wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:48 pm
The interesting twist which is possibly ironic is that Biden shut down Democratic objections on the senate floor and counted the electoral votes. But yeah there is no provision to overturn the election or declare a new election. They have us confused with Israel which seems to get a government that way every 5 minutes.

Even if there was such a provision, what grounds would there be for doing it?

In Canada, our government can be defeated in Parliament at any time, and force new elections.

In recent months, our Prime Minister has been trying to manipulate Parliament to force a defeat of his government, because he believes he would win re election.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic