Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Some Long Haulers Face Permanent Disability

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Some Long Haulers Face Permanent Disability

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Many of these people "recovered" from COVID but have doubts if they will ever feel normal. They are dealing with crippling disabilities.

My friend from Dallas got sick in July and has been in the hospital 15 times since then due to fainting spells. Did I mention he is 36? He heads to Minnesota to hopefully get answers from the Mayo Clinic in January.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health ... 324119002/

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Re: Some Long Haulers Face Permanent Disability

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:33 pm

I thought the only thing we needed to pay attention to were deathrates tho?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:36 pm

I wish...if just for my friend's sake.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:58 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:33 pm
I thought the only thing we needed to pay attention to were deathrates tho?
That’s never been the point even if it gets the headlines and confuses people in the process.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:55 am

I would love to see Bryce read and respond to this.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:13 am

I will admit that that is one aspect of the virus I had not considered.

I don't remember the exact dates, but didn't the people in the article contract Covid while we were in a lockdown?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:58 am
Since the article is from the Leftists DFP, they seems to make no mention of "other conditions" effecting this person's health. Fact is 97%+ recover from the China Virus, while 0% recover from HIV.
I have several LGBT friends with HIV that are undetectable and living out a great retirement. Basically, it is similar to remission for cancer patients. No lingering effects from the disease at all with a daily pill taken.

Now, on to Bryce. I sincerely appreciate you responding. Lock downs do not eliminate the spread, they slow down the exponential spread. After Thanksgiving, we were around 8,500 cases a day. The number of cases from both Sunday and today were 4,600 for both days. That's 2,300 per day. That's a H*** reduction. Even here in dead red Macomb County where people have ignored the safety measures largely, we saw our positivity rate go from 17.5 to 15.5% testing positive. The lock downs do WORK.

Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Hear Hear!
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:22 pm

I still think that a more surgical approach would have been better AND saved more lives.

For what it's worth, my brother in law passed away two days ago. He was morbidly obese, has been on oxygen for at least ten years and had a weak heart. My niece brought Covid into the house, following current guidelines, before she knew she was carrying it. It infected everyone in the household. He was the only one that died, the others are recovering. It remains to be seen if there are any ongoing issues with the rest of the household.

I really liked my brother in law. He was a staunch union guy and life long Democrat, but also understood and even agreed with some of the positions I took on those matters. We would get together and tell stories and entertain the family. I am sad and will miss him.

His death will be listed as a Covid death. Truth be known, he wouldn't have lived another year Covid or not because of the state of his health.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:44 am

Sympathies on your loss...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:13 am

Bryce, sorry to hear of your loss.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Undetected viral load which essentially means it is in remission. You take the meds to keep the viral load down. Undetectable truly means that you have no complications/symptoms and most virologists say that HIV cannot be transmitted through sex when in this state.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic