Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Elderly vs. Essential Workers: Who Should Get the Coronavirus Vaccine First?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

G G

Re: The Elderly vs. Essential Workers: Who Should Get the Coronavirus Vaccine First?

Post by G G » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:38 pm

First come, first serve.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

km1125

Re: The Elderly vs. Essential Workers: Who Should Get the Coronavirus Vaccine First?

Post by km1125 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:51 pm

"F" that "essential worker" crap. First should go to medical workers and *real* first responders like cops, firemen, and EMS and then elderly, especially those confined to a center jammed with other elderly.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:01 pm

I'm 68 years old with cops and nurses in my family. I'm thinking grocery store works should go first along with anyone in the food production line. If cops, firemen and hospitals all disappeared tomorrow the fallout wouldn't be remotely as chaotic as grocery stores disappearing tomorrow.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:46 pm

I seen when this thread was started, and pondered this. I'm thinking the answer would be those most likely to succumb to Covid if they catch it. I suppose that would be the elderly.

It's nice to say essential workers. But for the most part, they are fit. If they get it, it seems they would be more likely to recover.

But I'm sure some will want to say "Grandma's already 80. She's lived a good life. Should we waste it on her when she's not far from dying of natural causes not related to Covid?"
I think the article is kind of asking that question, isn't it?

So I dunno. It's a good question.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:47 pm

First responders should go first. Can't treat people with dead doctors.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:51 pm

How about Dr. Fauci? Let’s have him and the CEOs of Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca take the vaccine on live television with documented evidence that they are actually taking the vaccines that they are pushing.

For what it’s worth, I work as an RN. I just feel very uncomfortable about being a guinea pig for a rushed vaccine.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:06 am

I'm what you could call elderly. I say the essentials should be the first to get it. We can isolate and protect ourselves. They can't. If they get sick who will take care of the rest of us?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:10 am

1. Front Line Hospital Staff
2. First Responders (Police, Fire, EMT)
3. Nursing Home And Assisted Living Residents
4. Diabetics And High Risk Members Of The Population
5. General Population

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:39 am

I can't speak to any state other than mine, but in the daily numbers we are seeing an interesting trend that has been going on for 3 weeks. The older demos are seeing positive tests decline while younger demos are going thru the roof. Our 3 highest now are birth to 19, 20 to 29 and 30 to 39. Our schools statewide are trying to be as normal as they can but daily we are getting reports for our news room of this school or that school going to eLearning because of the high rate. Last night one of my play by play teams was set up and 20 minutes from air time when an official came to them and said one of the teams had contact traced out of the game. According to state athletic rules, they are out of service for 14 days and can't play until 5 full practices after that. This is happening statewide on a daily basis. So I would add to the list Bryce made at 5 teachers and staff of all schools then the general population.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:50 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:39 am
I can't speak to any state other than mine, but in the daily numbers we are seeing an interesting trend that has been going on for 3 weeks. The older demos are seeing positive tests decline while younger demos are going thru the roof. Our 3 highest now are birth to 19, 20 to 29 and 30 to 39. Our schools statewide are trying to be as normal as they can but daily we are getting reports for our news room of this school or that school going to eLearning because of the high rate. Last night one of my play by play teams was set up and 20 minutes from air time when an official came to them and said one of the teams had contact traced out of the game. According to state athletic rules, they are out of service for 14 days and can't play until 5 full practices after that. This is happening statewide on a daily basis. So I would add to the list Bryce made at 5 teachers and staff of all schools then the general population.
Does the state provide mortality rates for the younger demos? If many of those demo's are testing positive, but few if any are getting deathly ill, is it a cause for great alarm?

Now, it does make sense that if the younger demo's are "spreaders" that at risk school staff be bumped up.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:45 am

As for schools Bryce, many have had to go to eLearning not because of students but because so many staffers are out because of contact racing or positive test results, that was why I put them at 5. The implications are that besides their own actions, students who show no symptoms are also spreading it in schools. The state attempts to give data on younger people but school systems across the state are refusing to give the state any data. Not sure why. I do know from the numbers that while the state has only 20 percent of ICU beds open, 70 percent of vents are available which tells me those being hospitalized are not as serious in the 2nd wave. They only give total deaths, not broken down by age.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:24 am

G G wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:38 pm
First come, first serve.
Exactly how I thought you would answer...

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:35 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:24 am
G G wrote:
First come, first serve.

So basically it's every man, woman, child, and invalid for themselves.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:58 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:35 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:24 am
G G wrote:
First come, first serve.

So basically it's every man, woman, child, and invalid for themselves.
So it seems. Very on-point for the "fuck you, I got mine" crowd...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic