Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joe Biden Plans On Taking $800.00 From Me

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Joe Biden Plans On Taking $800.00 From Me

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:33 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:20 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:14 pm

my generosity would end up buying you a couple good beers. My advice? If you can't afford the guns why don't you just go ahead and sell them or turn them in.
Ohhhh, I see, you only advocate gun ownership for the wealthy? What an elitist Marxist you are.
I think the only people that need to worry are the idiots stockpiling thousands of weapons in cargo containers.
You might sing a different tune when KommieAllah decides to tax the gas hog muscle cars you love to restore at 2k a piece.
My fleet averages 32 mpg. In case you weren't aware, brother Joe is part of the club. I think I'm in a good shape.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:28 am

Got some salt-eaten spots.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:06 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:12 am
Be glad you aren't required to carry liability insurance on your firearms. If it were up to me I'd make every gun owner have a cool million worth of insurance on each piece. Not all that different than auto coverage in terms of holding the owner responsible for any mishaps that may occur with an item that one owns by choice and can be deadly if not managed properly.
Why would that be necessary or need to be added in addition to a personal liability policy?

Your plan wouldn't work as stated though. You MIGHT be able to make every LEGAL gun owner have a cool million worth of insurance on each firearm, but what are the odds that the people who own, carry and use them illegally are going to carry this insurance?
Last edited by Bryce on Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:08 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:33 am
In case you weren't aware, brother Joe is part of the club. I think I'm in a good shape.

Does he remember where he parked it?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 am

Hate to edit your steady Alzheimer’s narrative, Bryce. But Old Bold Joe is sounding downright sharp as president elect. You might want to tweak your script, old boy. Maybe Sydney Powell could correct your copy.

Ask Delusional Donald if she’s available.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:29 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 am
Hate to edit your steady Alzheimer’s narrative, Bryce. But Old Bold Joe is sounding downright sharp as president elect.
Yup...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1329535859109081089

https://twitter.com/i/status/1329538268518551553

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:06 am
Be glad you aren't required to carry liability insurance on your firearms. If it were up to me I'd make every gun owner have a cool million worth of insurance on each piece. Not all that different than auto coverage in terms of holding the owner responsible for any mishaps that may occur with an item that one owns by choice and can be deadly if not managed properly.
Why would that be necessary or need to be added in addition to a personal liability policy?

Your plan wouldn't work as stated though. You MIGHT be able to make every LEGAL gun owner have a cool million worth of insurance on each firearm, but what are the odds that the people who own, carry and use them illegally are going to carry this insurance?
It would be just like auto insurance. Does your personal liability coverage cover your car? Probably not, so you need coverage on your firearms. Does everyone who drives a car have insurance? Nope, but if there's an accident they can get the book thrown at them.

This concept shouldn't be that really difficult to grasp.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:51 am

Bryce wrote:

People who run around without car insurance exist.... when something happens and they are caught they get in big trouble. People with illegal guns exist... when something happens and they get caught they get in big trouble.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:51 am
Bryce wrote:

People who run around without car insurance exist.... when something happens and they are caught they get in big trouble. People with illegal guns exist... when something happens and they get caught they get in big trouble.
I would think the law & order types would embrace this because it would give law enforcement one more tool to charge the bad guys with if they are caught with illegal weapons. (Unless of course they've been blowing smoke all along about cracking down on illegal guns)

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm
I would think the law & order types would embrace this because it would give law enforcement one more tool to charge the bad guys with if they are caught with illegal weapons.
They aren't using all (or any!) of the ones they have now, why meddle with another that's just another drain on law abiding citizens??

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:48 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:19 pm
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm
I would think the law & order types would embrace this because it would give law enforcement one more tool to charge the bad guys with if they are caught with illegal weapons.
They aren't using all (or any!) of the ones they have now, why meddle with another that's just another drain on law abiding citizens??
Perhaps having a tool that is easy to execute and adjudicate would help. A thousand times a day cops ask for proof of insurance if there is a driving violation. No insurance? You broke the law and should be held accountable. Same for firearms.

Again, it's an additional tool. Remember why Al Capone got sent to prison? Hint: It wasn't for murder.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

It would be just like auto insurance. Does your personal liability coverage cover your car? Probably not, so you need coverage on your firearms. Does everyone who drives a car have insurance? Nope, but if there's an accident they can get the book thrown at them.

Grasp this concept...

My personal liability coverage covers accidental shootings as well as acts of self defense. I also carry a policy that covers legal fees should I be criminally or civilly charged as a result of the use of deadly force resulting in injury or death.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:49 pm
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 am

Grasp this concept...

My personal liability coverage covers accidental shootings as well as acts of self defense. I also carry a policy that covers legal fees should I be criminally or civilly charged as a result of the use of deadly force resulting in injury or death.
Your efforts to be a responsible firearm owner is noted and commended, but it doesn't mean spit as far as stopping the carnage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:14 pm

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:48 pm
Perhaps having a tool that is easy to execute and adjudicate would help. A thousand times a day cops ask for proof of insurance if there is a driving violation. No insurance? You broke the law and should be held accountable. Same for firearms.

Again, it's an additional tool. Remember why Al Capone got sent to prison? Hint: It wasn't for murder.
Perhaps the legal system should use the tools they have more efficiently.

For example:
TROY, MI – On Tuesday November 3rd, 2020, at 4:45 PM. Troy Police Officers responded to reports of a verbal altercation at the Somerset Collection South, located at 2801 West Big Beaver Road, where a handgun had been implied.

Upon arrival the officers located the three male suspects exiting the Neiman Marcus store. Officers made contact with the suspects and started to inquire about the altercation.

When officers requested to conduct a search for weapons on one of the suspects, the man fled from officers on foot. The suspect ran down the escalators at which point he lost his footing and fell to the floor. As the subject fell, officers observed a handgun fall from the subject’s waistband. Officers secured the weapon and continued pursuit of the suspect on foot.

He was taken into custody by officers in the westbound lanes of Big Beaver and transported to the Troy Police Lock-up Facility. The handgun recovered from the suspect was found to be reported stolen out of Jackson in 2018.

Trimble was arraigned at 52-4 District Court on November 5th with bond set at $100,000 cash or surety. Trimble was arrested in March 2020 for charges related to allegedly shooting at a girlfriend and another man in Warren.
Why was Mr. Trimble running around loose after shooting at two people in March? Does that make any sense?

Now,

Take the shooting in the parking lot at Somerset Mall a few weeks back. I mentioned it earlier in this thread.

The suspect arrested was one Mr. Jermaine Marzell Jones. Mrl Jones was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, felony firearm second offense, carrying a concealed weapon and reckless use of a firearm.

Here's the kicker, Mr. Jones was released from prison in July of 2020. He served four years for assault with intent to do great bodily harm Less than Murder and felony firearm. Both plea deals. Less than four months later he is involved in a shooting at Somerset Mall. Maybe the system should have kept him longer? Was his parole officer keeping tabs on him?

Don't make me jump through hoops when people like Mr. Jones aren't going to. I've already been through background checks both at the federal and state level. I have to do so every five years.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:14 pm
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Perhaps the legal system should use the tools they have more efficiently.

For example:
TROY, MI – On Tuesday November 3rd, 2020, at 4:45 PM. Troy Police Officers responded to reports of a verbal altercation at the Somerset Collection South, located at 2801 West Big Beaver Road, where a handgun had been implied.

Upon arrival the officers located the three male suspects exiting the Neiman Marcus store. Officers made contact with the suspects and started to inquire about the altercation.

When officers requested to conduct a search for weapons on one of the suspects, the man fled from officers on foot. The suspect ran down the escalators at which point he lost his footing and fell to the floor. As the subject fell, officers observed a handgun fall from the subject’s waistband. Officers secured the weapon and continued pursuit of the suspect on foot.

He was taken into custody by officers in the westbound lanes of Big Beaver and transported to the Troy Police Lock-up Facility. The handgun recovered from the suspect was found to be reported stolen out of Jackson in 2018.

Trimble was arraigned at 52-4 District Court on November 5th with bond set at $100,000 cash or surety. Trimble was arrested in March 2020 for charges related to allegedly shooting at a girlfriend and another man in Warren.
Why was Mr. Trimble running around loose after shooting at two people in March? Does that make any sense?

Now,

Take the shooting in the parking lot at Somerset Mall a few weeks back. I mentioned it earlier in this thread.

The suspect arrested was one Mr. Jermaine Marzell Jones. Mrl Jones was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, felony firearm second offense, carrying a concealed weapon and reckless use of a firearm.

Here's the kicker, Mr. Jones was released from prison in July of 2020. He served four years for assault with intent to do great bodily harm Less than Murder and felony firearm. Both plea deals. Less than four months later he is involved in a shooting at Somerset Mall. Maybe the system should have kept him longer? Was his parole officer keeping tabs on him?

Don't make me jump through hoops when people like Mr. Jones aren't going to. I've already been through background checks both at the federal and state level. I have to do so every five years.
You can make the exact same arguments about cars, drivers licenses and car insurance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic