Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Over The Top!! Trump threatens to deny New Yorkers vaccine. See governor's response

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

Turkeytop

Re: Over The Top!! Trump threatens to deny New Yorkers vaccine. See governor's response

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:06 am

Doesn't look like Trump will be the guy making those decisions.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Over The Top!! Trump threatens to deny New Yorkers vaccine. See governor's response

Post by Bryce » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:50 am

I think you're blaming the wrong guy for denying the vaccine to New Yorkers....
'We're going to put together our own group of medical experts to review the vaccine and if they say it's safe I will go to the people of New York and say it's safe.

'But I believe all across the country, you're going to need someone other than this FDA and CDC saying it's safe,' Cuomo said.

“Well, it’s good news/bad news. The good news is the Pfizer tests look good and we’ll have a vaccine shortly. The bad news is that it’s about two months before Joe Biden takes over and that means this administration is going to be implementing a vaccine plan.

“The vaccine plan is very important and it’s probably the most ambitious undertaking since COVID began … And the Trump Administration is rolling out the vaccination plan and I believe it’s flawed.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:52 am

I agree with Bryce on this one.

Trump was paraphrasing what he thought was the NY Governor's position on the matter, then Cuomo quickly changed his tune.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:35 am

I actually listened to Trump yesterday. He said they wouldn't send the vaccine to NY unless Cuomo requested it because he (Trump) didn't want vaccines going unused based on Cuomo's passed statements.
That is very different from refusing to send the vaccine to NY.
I'm no fan of Trump but the media can certainly distort the reality of a moment or event. They can get away with it in large part because people tend to believe anything their favorite "news" source says.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:48 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:35 am
I actually listened to Trump yesterday. He said they wouldn't send the vaccine to NY unless Cuomo requested it because he (Trump) didn't want vaccines going unused based on Cuomo's passed statements.
I'm no fan of Trump but the media can certainly distort the reality of a moment or event. They can get away with it in large part because people tend to believe anything their favorite "news" source says.
He should have said “we encourage New York to accept the vaccine when it’s available” but he didn’t.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:48 am
craig11152 wrote:
He should have said “we encourage New York to accept the vaccine when it’s available” but he didn’t.
Now you are just nitpicking. " Trump threatens to deny New Yorkers vaccine." as written in the CNN headline is simply not accurate.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Well except he kind of did...
As soon as April, the vaccine will be available to the entire general population with the exception of places like New York state, where, for political reasons, the governor decided to say — and I don't think it's good politically, I think it's very bad from a health standpoint, but he wants to take his time with the vaccine. He doesn't trust where the vaccine's coming from. These are coming from the greatest companies anywhere in the world, greatest labs in the world, but he doesn't trust the fact that it's this White House, this administration, so we won't be delivering it to New York until we have authorization to do so, and that pains me to say that.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Politicians should not have the power they do when it comes to vaccine/medication access. And yes, I didn't agree with Gretchen banning hydroxychloroquine.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Well except he kind of did...
As soon as April, the vaccine will be available to the entire general population with the exception of places like New York state, where, for political reasons, the governor decided to say — and I don't think it's good politically, I think it's very bad from a health standpoint, but he wants to take his time with the vaccine. He doesn't trust where the vaccine's coming from. These are coming from the greatest companies anywhere in the world, greatest labs in the world, but he doesn't trust the fact that it's this White House, this administration, so we won't be delivering it to New York until we have authorization to do so, and that pains me to say that.
Based on this, is TheForce ok with what Trump said now?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:55 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am
Rate This wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Now you are just nitpicking. " Trump threatens to deny New Yorkers vaccine." as written in the CNN headline is simply not accurate.
I’m merely pointing out what puts him in this best position politically.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic