Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 10 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Some Observations

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop
Posts: 5297
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Some Observations

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:58 pm

During the weeks and months leading up to the election, I noticed the postings here becoming angrier and snarkier.

I thought that, once the election was over, there would be a return to more civility. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Some users are still angry and snarky and just keep taunting each other.

I have noticed that one or two of the angriest users seem to have just disappeared since the election.


During the middle ages they celebrated the end of the plague with wine and orgies. Does anyone know if there is anything planned when this one ends?

User avatar
Lester The Nightfly
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Re: Some Observations

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:25 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:58 pm
During the weeks and months leading up to the election, I noticed the postings here becoming angrier and snarkier.

I thought that, once the election was over, there would be a return to more civility. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Some users are still angry and snarky and just keep taunting each other.

I have noticed that one or two of the angriest users seem to have just disappeared since the election.
That doesn't come as any surprise. I think I mentioned some weeks ago that it was my belief there were a number posters who were paid "shit-stir-ers" (a lovely Canadian phrase if I'm not mistaken) who would vanish after the election was over and the paychecks stopped.

Personally, I plan to become scarce around here after the inauguration. Frankly the overall quality of discourse has fallen off dramatically. It really become not worth my time to wade through the toxic slime to unearth an increasingly meager amount of thoughtful tidbits. Witty/Clever/Funny/Sharp is basically non-existent anymore. Oh well, it was a nice 15 year run in my time here.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 4623
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Some Observations

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:49 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:25 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:58 pm
During the weeks and months leading up to the election, I noticed the postings here becoming angrier and snarkier.

I thought that, once the election was over, there would be a return to more civility. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Some users are still angry and snarky and just keep taunting each other.

I have noticed that one or two of the angriest users seem to have just disappeared since the election.
That doesn't come as any surprise. I think I mentioned some weeks ago that it was my belief there were a number posters who were paid "shit-stir-ers" (a lovely Canadian phrase if I'm not mistaken) who would vanish after the election was over and the paychecks stopped.

Personally, I plan to become scarce around here after the inauguration. Frankly the overall quality of discourse has fallen off dramatically. It really become not worth my time to wade through the toxic slime to unearth an increasingly meager amount of thoughtful tidbits. Witty/Clever/Funny/Sharp is basically non-existent anymore. Oh well, it was a nice 15 year run in my time here.
PM me some contact info, I still owe you that drink...

I won't be going anywhere. I have freedom to protect.


© 2021 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved. By reading my content you agree to my privacy policy and except my terms of usage.

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Some Observations

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:17 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:25 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:58 pm
During the weeks and months leading up to the election, I noticed the postings here becoming angrier and snarkier.

I thought that, once the election was over, there would be a return to more civility. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Some users are still angry and snarky and just keep taunting each other.

I have noticed that one or two of the angriest users seem to have just disappeared since the election.
That doesn't come as any surprise. I think I mentioned some weeks ago that it was my belief there were a number posters who were paid "shit-stir-ers" (a lovely Canadian phrase if I'm not mistaken) who would vanish after the election was over and the paychecks stopped.

Personally, I plan to become scarce around here after the inauguration. Frankly the overall quality of discourse has fallen off dramatically. It really become not worth my time to wade through the toxic slime to unearth an increasingly meager amount of thoughtful tidbits. Witty/Clever/Funny/Sharp is basically non-existent anymore. Oh well, it was a nice 15 year run in my time here.
Tis a shame, although our ideologies are diametrically opposite, I always found your posts to be worth reading.


Democrats were all for riots, until they were against them.

User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2362
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Some Observations

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:11 pm

I plan on leaving as well shortly. Wasn't paid to post anything.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Some Observations

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:06 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:11 pm
I plan on leaving as well shortly. Wasn't paid to post anything.
Before you leave, can you please explain your thought process on how Trump was responsible for the 285 transgenders murdered in Central America?


Democrats were all for riots, until they were against them.

User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2362
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Some Observations

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 pm

He has radicalized the right wing rebels and regimes in Central and South America! Good question.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

Mike Oxlong
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am
Location: Nankin Township

Re: Some Observations

Post by Mike Oxlong » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am

I get tickled at the "I'm Leaving" announcements. Like it's the farewell season of Friends. Trips down memory lane. Are folks afraid that if they just went away without saying anything, no one would notice?



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Some Observations

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:57 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 pm
He has radicalized the right wing rebels and regimes in Central and South America! Good question.
Although you are correct in that it was a very good question, your answer is nothing but opinion and conjecture; lacking examples and evidence.

Would you care to try again?


Democrats were all for riots, until they were against them.

User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2362
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Some Observations

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:47 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am
I get tickled at the "I'm Leaving" announcements. Like it's the farewell season of Friends. Trips down memory lane. Are folks afraid that if they just went away without saying anything, no one would notice?
No, but I was encouraged to hang around by a couple people. So, I will.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

Matt
Posts: 3567
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Some Observations

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am
I get tickled at the "I'm Leaving" announcements. Like it's the farewell season of Friends. Trips down memory lane. Are folks afraid that if they just went away without saying anything, no one would notice?
No, but I was encouraged to hang around by a couple people. So, I will.
Add me to that list. You should stay.



User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 2030
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Some Observations

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am
I get tickled at the "I'm Leaving" announcements. Like it's the farewell season of Friends. Trips down memory lane. Are folks afraid that if they just went away without saying anything, no one would notice?
No, but I was encouraged to hang around by a couple people. So, I will.
I was gonna leave too but renegotiated my contract with MW.


LMAO...............so says ............... YOU!

Matt
Posts: 3567
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Some Observations

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am
I get tickled at the "I'm Leaving" announcements. Like it's the farewell season of Friends. Trips down memory lane. Are folks afraid that if they just went away without saying anything, no one would notice?
No, but I was encouraged to hang around by a couple people. So, I will.
I was gonna leave too but renegotiated my contract with MW.
I am happy you are staying too.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Some Observations

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:49 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am
I get tickled at the "I'm Leaving" announcements. Like it's the farewell season of Friends. Trips down memory lane. Are folks afraid that if they just went away without saying anything, no one would notice?
No, but I was encouraged to hang around by a couple people. So, I will.
I was gonna leave too but renegotiated my contract with MW.
I am happy you are staying too.
Me too. Minus the Trump vitriol, your a good guy.


Democrats were all for riots, until they were against them.

User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2362
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Some Observations

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:49 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am
I get tickled at the "I'm Leaving" announcements. Like it's the farewell season of Friends. Trips down memory lane. Are folks afraid that if they just went away without saying anything, no one would notice?
No, but I was encouraged to hang around by a couple people. So, I will.
I was gonna leave too but renegotiated my contract with MW.
I am happy you are staying too.
Me too. Minus the Trump vitriol, your a good guy.
I appreciate that.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic