Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Donald Who?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Donald Who?

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:18 am

I just took a scan around a bunch of different media and I am amazed to see that there's absolutely nothing about Trump. And I think that's going to continue to happen. His Tantrums aren't going to be front page, the protest will be a couple column inches. And that's ultimately how you defeat a narcissist, you ignore him.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Donald Who?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:18 am
I just took a scan around a bunch of different media and I am amazed to see that there's absolutely nothing about Trump. And I think that's going to continue to happen. His Tantrums aren't going to be front page, the protest will be a couple column inches. And that's ultimately how you defeat a narcissist, you ignore him.
Or her. We have a female narcissist around here.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:46 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I just passed through Fountain Hills, AZ (a heavily, almost rabidly Trump supporting suburb in Phoenix) and same as restoration company Servpro's ad tagline "Like it never even happened" any and all Trump signs, flags or posters have been scrubbed out of existence. The place has literally been sanitized of any and all things Trump. It's quite remarkable because Fountain Hills was one of Trump's earliest communities of support and they were not at all shy about making it known. The man was a God there. Now *poof*, persona non grata. Really amazing...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:51 pm

Don't know how it is in US, but here in Canada, all campaign signs are required by law to be removed, right after the election. Now that I'm retired, my party usually calls on me to help out with that.

Our candidate keeps getting reelected time after time, so we just save her signs over and reuse them the next time.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:18 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:46 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I just passed through Fountain Hills, AZ (a heavily, almost rabidly Trump supporting suburb in Phoenix) and same as restoration company Servpro's ad tagline "Like it never even happened" any and all Trump signs, flags or posters have been scrubbed out of existence. The place has literally been sanitized of any and all things Trump. It's quite remarkable because Fountain Hills was one of Trump's earliest communities of support and they were not at all shy about making it known. The man was a God there. Now *poof*, persona non grata. Really amazing...
One day, like a miracle.....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:42 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:51 pm
Don't know how it is in US, but here in Canada, all campaign signs are required by law to be removed, right after the election. Now that I'm retired, my party usually calls on me to help out with that.

Our candidate keeps getting reelected time after time, so we just save her signs over and reuse them the next time.
I believe there are similar rules here as well but it has been my observation they're largely ignored. There are still a good many signs still in place but Trump's are conspicuous by their absence.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 am

Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:42 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

I believe there are similar rules here as well but it has been my observation they're largely ignored. There are still a good many signs still in place but Trump's are conspicuous by their absence.
Republicans are more likely to follow the law.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:21 am

Locally, members of the political parties start gathering yard signs on election day after 5pm and by noon the day after everything is gone.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:02 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:21 am
Locally, members of the political parties start gathering yard signs on election day after 5pm and by noon the day after everything is gone.
Back in my younger days, I would grab the big signs with good plywood regardless of who the candidate was. Use it for projects. If you notice, like back then, a lot of signs are still set up on public property, city owned lots, places like that. I considered it fair game. By 6am the morning after, I was out grabbing.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:48 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 am
Turkeytop wrote:

There are plenty of Republican down ticket signs still up, asshat.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:58 am

Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:48 am
Matt wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

And in driving around I’m still seeing lots of Trump signs and flags.. he’ll have followers flying flags until he dies.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

You didn't mention this in the original post...

There are still lots of signs up here in AA, including unopposed city council signs. Unopposed candidate signs are quite perplexing.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:58 am
Matt wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

And in driving around I’m still seeing lots of Trump signs and flags.. he’ll have followers flying flags until he dies.
Yeah, I guess so. On my way home from the airport I did see one souvenir stand not unlike the those found near the White House hawking Trump gear although I wonder if it's more of a case of

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:58 am
Matt wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Or until they die. If you look at the collective health of trump supporters I can't say that many of them have longevity in their future.

In our area the Trump signs are gone but the other Republican local winners signs are still up. If the Republican party was collecting signs it was a strategic collection.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic