Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Would It Take?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

What Would It Take?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:21 pm

What it would take for you to renounce your support for Donald Trump? Would he have to murder a loved one? Declare himself an atheist? Renounce being pro life? For Cindy McCain, it was his disrespect towards veterans.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/cindy-mc ... 40583.html

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

screen glare

Re: What Would It Take?

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 am

Yes. Everyone has their “no more Trump ever again” moment. For me it was the pure treasonous moment in Helsinki at the Putin/Trump news conference. You’ve all seen it by now.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am

For me, it was the Access Hollywood tapes. But really, it all started with his very first pep rally after coming down the escalator. And then, the mocking impression of the disabled reported sealed it. It was gaudy, arrogant, and self centered.

And yes, I enjoyed watching the Apprentice. I bought it used from FYE and still own it. But it wasn't me adoring Donald, it was always hilarity at his idiocy. It was entertaining. But what happens when an idiot brat runs the country? Very very bad things, believe me.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:33 am

But what happens when an idiot brat runs the country? Very very bad things, believe me.
Things like... being sentenced to spend every waking moment posting shlt here. Oh, the agony.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:45 am

kager wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:33 am
But what happens when an idiot brat runs the country? Very very bad things, believe me.
Things like... being sentenced to spend every waking moment posting shlt here. Oh, the agony.
It is the cross some have to bear.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:46 am

What would it take?

It would take a candidate that is less of a shitheel than he is. That person hasn't come along yet.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:54 am

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:32 am
What it would take for you to renounce your support for Donald Trump?
What would it take to renounce your support for Joe Biden?
That wasn’t the question.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 am

Great response, NOT!

LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:54 am
R Bedell wrote:
We all know Bidet is profoundly stupid.

The answer is inherently biased in that it assumes that Trump has taken actions universally accepted as wrong. The insinuation that the entire country has the same view as the rabid left is just not accurate at best and intellectually dishonest at worst.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:16 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:14 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:54 am
R Bedell wrote:
We all know Bidet is profoundly stupid.

The answer is inherently biased in that it assumes that Trump has taken actions universally accepted as wrong. The insinuation that the entire country has the same view as the rabid left is just not accurate at best and intellectually dishonest at worst.
Is there any personal behavior he could take that would make you not like him?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:18 am

Matt beat me to the correct answer by seconds - it is a loaded question. Most Trump supporters acknowledge that he is flawed, but would argue that the flaws don't rise to a level of renouncing support for him, especially when weighed against the things he has done which they support. For many, his keeping of his promise of appointing CONSERVATIVE justices to the Supreme Court (now 3 of them) ALONE justifies supporting him and outweighs an awful lot of stuff.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:16 am
Is there any personal behavior he could take that would make you not like him?
I don't like him. I do think he's an idiot and boorish. I would hate to work for him and probably would either get fired or be actively looking for anther job if he became my boss. I have actually had to work for someone like that, and it lasted all of three months.

However, I don't have to like him at all to support his policies, which are LIGHT YEARS better than his opponent.

My guess is that if the press would stop continuously nipping at his ankles like a rabid little dog he would present a much more like-able persona.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:29 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:28 am
My guess is that if the press would stop continuously nipping at his ankles like a rabid little dog he would present a much more like-able persona.
That's a good point. Somebody who is on the defensive 100% of the time is going to necessarily come across to many as unlikable.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:33 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:29 am
km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:28 am
That's a good point. Somebody who is on the defensive 100% of the time is going to necessarily come across to many as unlikable.
The thing is that he is given the chance to be likable and doesn’t do anything with it... most of his wounds are self inflicted.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:37 am

Given the chance? RT, he's been under withering fire from the DNC and their propaganda machine since before he was elected.

Non stop... like nothing ever experienced by any President.

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic