Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Attention Lori Lightfoot-Never Going Back Again!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Attention Lori Lightfoot-Never Going Back Again!

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Go around Chicago or go though the UP to get to points North. Red light camera tickets for 6 over the speed limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E7rUemfC-A

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics ... story.html

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Attention Lori Lightfoot-Never Going Back Again!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:16 pm

You guys wanted law and order though? Or nah?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:42 pm

And remember, handguns are illegal in Chicago. And yet the murder rate is skyrocketing.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 pm

You're better off taking the train to Chicago than driving. Parking is atrocious. Chicago is TREMENDOUSLY overrated, and I only go if I have to.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:12 pm

I love Chicago. It's where I came up and we still try to get down there a few times a year for a concert and to visit. The rona screwed that up this year, but I'm not done with it.

It's ALWAYS been a Dem shithole... the fact of the matter is that it's a really fun town if you know what you're doing. Which, for me is to drive down Friday afternoon, hand the keys to the valet at the Hyatt Regency, and then take a cab to shows Friday and Saturday. Leave Sunday morning.

Thread Killer

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Last time I was in Chicago for a conference, I stayed at the Drake, which was a great experience. I also like the Lincoln Park area. I'm always excited to go there, but after a few days I'm definitely ready to GTFO.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:33 pm

Yeah, three days is the max for me.

Thread Killer

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:57 pm

I was there last year for a conference as well. I was pretty happy that my job covered the costs, because the parking costs alone for the Hilton would be a dealbreaker, otherwise. I enjoy walking down Michigan Ave and Navy Pier, as it’s quite lovely in the fall. I find the rest of Chicago overrated, though. There are major cities that I find far more appealing than Chicago (Boston being my favorite).

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:14 pm

I wouldn't want to go there for work, but as a weekend getaway it can't be beat. Drinks at the GMan before a show at the Metro or the Aragon, followed by a nightcap at the Green Mill.... gotta love it.

Take the Lady shopping at Watertower Place, a greasy ass combo at any nondescript dog joint and sunset at the Sears (not Willis) Tower, followed by a quick change of clothes, a drink at The Big Bar and then off to a dinner at any number of great restaurants.

It's get laid city after that. A river view room at the Hyatt makes panties fall off.

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic