Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Christmas Shopping Early Bird Specials In Philadelphia

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Christmas Shopping Early Bird Specials In Philadelphia

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am

I guess they decided it was time for "Black Tuesday Specials."
Inside Walmart, alarms blared as people took what they wanted and left the store.
The looting was extensive, and one man was seen wheeling away a new washing machine.
In trying to contain the situation at Aramingo Ave., police commanders said it had "rapidly gone downhill." Multiple stores have been completely emptied out by looters.
It would seem that when the police shoot an armed man that was charging them with a knife, it's a license to destroy property and steal stuff. It appears that the police were told to stand down and let it happen. If I were a business owner, I would leave a city that refused to protect my investment and lively-hood.

FWIW Mr. Wallace's background...

Court records show Wallace was currently awaiting trial for allegedly threatening to shoot a woman and her house up.

In 2017, he pled guilty to robbery, assault, and possessing an instrument of crime after kicking down the door of another woman and putting a gun to her head.

He was sentenced to 11-23 months behind bars.

And in 2013, he pled guilty to assault and resisting arrest after punching a police officer in the face.

He was a rapper that often rapped about assaulting and killing police.

https://6abc.com/action-news-investigat ... r/7396432/

Kudo's to Chief Craig. He would never allow such a thing to take place in Detroit.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: Christmas Shopping Early Bird Specials In Philadelphia

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am
I guess they decided it was time for "Black Tuesday Specials."
Inside Walmart, alarms blared as people took what they wanted and left the store.
The looting was extensive, and one man was seen wheeling away a new washing machine.
In trying to contain the situation at Aramingo Ave., police commanders said it had "rapidly gone downhill." Multiple stores have been completely emptied out by looters.
It would seem that when the police shoot an armed man that was charging them with a knife, it's a license to destroy property and steal stuff. It appears that the police were told to stand down and let it happen. If I were a business owner, I would leave a city that refused to protect my investment and lively-hood.

FWIW Mr. Wallace's background...

Court records show Wallace was currently awaiting trial for allegedly threatening to shoot a woman and her house up.

In 2017, he pled guilty to robbery, assault, and possessing an instrument of crime after kicking down the door of another woman and putting a gun to her head.

He was sentenced to 11-23 months behind bars.

And in 2013, he pled guilty to assault and resisting arrest after punching a police officer in the face.

He was a rapper that often rapped about assaulting and killing police.

https://6abc.com/action-news-investigat ... r/7396432/

Kudo's to Chief Craig. He would never allow such a thing to take place in Detroit.
The police were overwhelmed the first night, the regrouped the second night and made some progress and hundreds of Pennsylvania guardsman are on their way now so that hardly seems like standing down.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:07 pm
The police were overwhelmed the first night, the regrouped the second night and made some progress and hundreds of Pennsylvania guardsman are on their way now so that hardly seems like standing down.
These incidents took place on night two.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:16 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
I realize that. I didn’t say they had it under control but they didn’t just stand there either.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:16 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
I realize that. I didn’t say they had it under control but they didn’t just stand there either.
The complete emptying of a Walmart along with several other retail establishments took place. It wasn't stopped.

The comments from the Mayor is telling...
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said footage of the incident presented "difficult questions" about the actions of the officers involved.

"Last night we saw further evidence of the anguish of Black and brown residents of our city who have struggled their entire lives under systemic racism," he told a news briefing.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am
.... If I were a business owner, I would leave a city that refused to protect my investment and lively-hood ...
Like what's happening in Minneapolis and St. Paul now?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:16 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
The complete emptying of a Walmart along with several other retail establishments took place. It wasn't stopped.

The comments from the Mayor is telling...
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said footage of the incident presented "difficult questions" about the actions of the officers involved.

"Last night we saw further evidence of the anguish of Black and brown residents of our city who have struggled their entire lives under systemic racism," he told a news briefing.
Are you looking for the guns blazing approach?

Are you familiar with how gasoline interacts with a fire?

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Not a lot of social distancing going on during this “second wave”.
At least you know the thugs were wearing masks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 am

This could cost Biden the election. This is the type of stuff that causes suburban voters to start buying into the Trump fear. I am worried.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:26 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 am
This could cost Biden the election. This is the type of stuff that causes suburban voters to start buying into the Trump fear. I am worried.
I wouldn't be.. the lines have been drawn and swing voters basically don't exist at this point. If they were moving based on this they already would have.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:59 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 am
Not sure it makes much difference for Trump but using "systematic racism" to justify looting reflects badly on democrat mayors.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:02 am

This minority is making the pitch like MCRF is suggesting.

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=312063

TERRELL: “If there is a reason to vote for Donald Trump, the reason is in Philadelphia. If you want law and order. This is happening in every democratic city. Those criminals. Those rioters what Dan said is correct. Those are Democrats. Why is Joe Biden and kamala Harris supporting these criminals? You know why? Because they made a deal with the devil and with antifa and with black lives matter. Whenever a black man or a black woman justified, it doesn’t make a difference.”

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 am

Some of the looted stuff will likely end up on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, which could result in a nice (but illegal) chunk of change for some looters

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:50 pm
Are you looking for the guns blazing approach?

Are you familiar with how gasoline interacts with a fire?
It is now, and has been, accepted since Adolf Hitler invaded Poland in 1939 that appeasement of sworn enemies and bullies doesn't work. They interpret it as a sure sign of weakness and vulnerability. It makes them swaggeringly surer of their strength and others' weakness and vulnerability.

The invariable result is they become more aggressive and dangerous.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xp ... story.html

Applicable to international relations. Also applicable to our cities burning down.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:20 am

Stop it, stop it, you are making sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic