Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bill Maher I don't know what I'm getting for my super high taxes

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Bill Maher I don't know what I'm getting for my super high taxes

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:17 pm

The magnetic fields are shifting. Bill Maher going conservative?

https://news.grabien.com/story-bill-mah ... gh-taxes-c

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Bill Maher I don't know what I'm getting for my super high taxes

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:54 pm

I watch his show every week. Bill Maher is NOT conservative and stands against Trump. He has warned that we will have to drag Trump out of the White House as do I. He's just saying that California has gone far far left with the taxes and cost of living which they have.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Which sounds kind of like a conservative statement.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:15 pm

I like Maher. He will flame both parties when they do something asinine.

To be honest, I think folks that watch him every week may agree that he actually critiques the Democrats just slightly more than critiques the Republicans.

He's Democrat, no doubt. But he's not afraid to call out Democratic leadership that are using their heads for self proctology.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:15 pm

California lives in its own little bubble and has taken the authoritarian version of progressive politics to an extreme. It's not even close to the left libertarianism that I support. They refuse to help their homeless into mental health facilities which is what many of them need. They tied up their mental health professionals behind their back effectively. It's sad.

However, many areas of Texas have done the same with ignoring their poor and would drill their grandma's backyard if it had oil. They don't care about pollution which is why the average life expectancy for Latino Americans near the border is shockingly low. But let's not care about "the browns" in Brownsville.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:07 pm

On social issues, Mr. Maher is very clearly liberal.

On economic issues - perhaps he is more center-left?

I have not been an HBO subscriber for several years, so I do not watch his program.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Maher did a long-form podcast with Joe Rogan not that long ago. He's fed up with political correctness and "cancel" culture and I got the impression he's getting a bit fed up with the modern-day Democrat party.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic