Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Shut Your Pie Hole And Do Some Physical Labor

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Shut Your Pie Hole And Do Some Physical Labor

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Maybe Covid-19 wouldn't be so deadly in the U.S.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has expanded its coronavirus risk warning to include people who are considered overweight, meaning over 70% of U.S. adults may be at an increased risk for severe illness related to COVID-19.

According to CDC statistics, over 71% of Americans aged 20 and older are considered overweight or obese. Obesity is defined as having a body mass index of between 30 and 40, with severe obesity being diagnosed when BMI is 40 or above. Being overweight, however, is classified as having a BMI greater than 25 but less than 30. The health agency now says that if you fall into that category, it “might increase your risk of severe illness from COVID-19.”
I somewhat understand the over 50 crowd being in this category. We have to work harder and eat smarter to stay fit. But there is just NO excuse for 71 percent of 20 something's to be obese or overweight.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: Shut Your Pie Hole And Do Some Physical Labor

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:08 pm
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has expanded its coronavirus risk warning to include people who are considered overweight, meaning over 70% of U.S. adults may be at an increased risk for severe illness related to COVID-19.

According to CDC statistics, over 71% of Americans aged 20 and older are considered overweight or obese. Obesity is defined as having a body mass index of between 30 and 40, with severe obesity being diagnosed when BMI is 40 or above. Being overweight, however, is classified as having a BMI greater than 25 but less than 30. The health agency now says that if you fall into that category, it “might increase your risk of severe illness from COVID-19.”
I somewhat understand the over 50 crowd being in this category. We have to work harder and eat smarter to stay fit. But there is just NO excuse for 71 percent of 20 something's to be obese or overweight.
I’m 30 years old, 6’0” and 135... I’ll take donations to get to about 180... that might help somebody out.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:06 pm

Nothing a lot more protein, a few more carbs and lots of iron won't fix.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:06 pm
Nothing a lot more protein, a few more carbs and lots of iron won't fix.
You would be hard pressed to make that work. I come from a family of bean poles. I am open to suggestions though.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Start drinking three whey protein shakes a day on top of what you normally eat. Add some (not a lot) extra quality carbs and deadlift, squat and bench press every other day. Add a little more weight each time you lift. In 45 days you will be surprised.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:40 pm
Start drinking three whey protein shakes a day on top of what you normally eat. Add some (not a lot) extra quality carbs and deadlift, squat and bench press every other day. Add a little more weight each time you lift. In 45 days you will be surprised.
Wise advice, but no fun.

In N Out Double-Double, Fries, Chocolate Shake daily.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:35 pm
Bryce wrote:

I’m 30 years old, 6’0” and 135... I’ll take donations to get to about 180... that might help somebody out.
I would gladly help you in your endeavor if I could. :)

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:42 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:35 pm
Bryce wrote:

I would gladly help you in your endeavor if I could. :)
Thanks :) one of those mysteries of the universe... I eat like a horse too... but nothing happens.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:47 pm

I eat like a bird and still gain weight. Although not sleeping due to inflammation because of intense nerve pain doesn't help, I do what I can. I am certainly helping the vitamin companies and Bezos during these times.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:11 pm

We have to work harder and eat smarter to stay fit. But there is just NO excuse for 71 percent of 20 something's to be obese or overweight.
I believe the stat was "20 and older," not 20-somethings. However, I completely agree with your general point! :)

In terms of physical fitness, much of our country's population is in sad shape.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:50 pm

When people cannot find jobs and work menial minimum wage positions, they eat as a form of comfort. The cost of college has severely hamstrung any chance of social mobility for many young Americans. And even scholarships don't offset enough of the costs. So, a 25 year old guy is stuck with $100,000 in debt while he works a $14.50 Amazon job delivering crap to people.

It's beyond sad. We need to get back into infrastructure investments to put our engineers back to work. Time to correct the trade deals with China. This will bring manufacturing back. Not like it was before, but it will be better than it is now.

Time for Joe Biden to lead. Our immediate problem that is stopping many from working out is COVID. My Republican parents haven't been to a gymn since March. If we get a nationwide mask mandate, then we can lower the spread of COVID. This will allow the virus to burn out quietly by next spring.

Mask up so people can work out and lose that quarantine weight.

Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:47 pm

Anyone looking to gain weight needs to try the smoke-a-bowl, eat a pizza, take a nap plan...

I walk about 30 miles a week, and it has little impact on my appearance. I am healthy and sharp...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:11 am

We've all seen your picture TC Squawks. You certainly don't miss any meals.

Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:28 am

The air is so filthy in China most already had masks. Just another day for them.

China knew that it would hit us hard because if you are overweight the demands on your lungs and heart is already beyond design capacity.

Perfect timing for the election too!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:01 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:28 am
The air is so filthy in China most already had masks. Just another day for them.

China knew that it would hit us hard because if you are overweight the demands on your lungs and heart is already beyond design capacity.

Perfect timing for the election too!
Nobody “knew” anything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic