Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:24 am

https://news.yahoo.com/top-white-house- ... Wy9ee_tE_x

Sincere best wishes to the president and first lady.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Re: Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:24 am
https://news.yahoo.com/top-white-house- ... Wy9ee_tE_x

Sincere best wishes to the president and first lady.
Just to transfer Les’s thought over here they need to get Pelosi isolated because Pence probably has it. Hicks has been around a lot of people in the White House and maybe on Capitol Hill too. She’s next in line if both should die from this.

Politics makes strange bedfellows so I just hope he lives.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 am

Biden is in danger too. Think of all the yelling Tuesday night.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:01 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 am
Biden is in danger too. Think of all the yelling Tuesday night.
So he needs to be tested repeatedly now and probably needs to isolate. The anti-maskers and their Republican enablers are pieces of crap.

Wisconsin is on fire with Covid cases right now... the executive branch of government is directly infected with the virus on likely a wide scale. Presidential succession and what happens when a nominee dies is being talked about openly. Anybody want to take bets on how badly we need to reopen still?

The Trump brand of politics is a cancer.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:11 am

Is there a ventilator on standby at Walter Reed?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 am

How long before he asks to delay the election?

The censorship king from out of state.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 am

As I mentioned in the other Hicks/Trump/covid thread - Amy Coney Barrett also likely infected - and her family. Then - she was a possible asymptomatic carrier from the white house over to the senate.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 am

Maybe now Trump’s cult will wise up, wake up, and finally understand they’ve been conned - even to death.

Perhaps now they’ll finally wear their masks, social distance, and listen to Dr. Fauci.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 am

Do you suppose the leader of The Karens has covid? Mother Pence is rather rotund.
Last edited by screen glare on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 am

Maybe Anonymous will reveal their true identity now - if it looks like the white house staff is going down for the count due to covid.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 am

I don't think we should take joy in this. I really don't.

In addition, Biden has not been cleared. Someone better be testing him tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am

I'm never up this late, but I wake up with a leg cramp, can't get back to sleep, and turn on the news to find this. Wow.

Trump and his wife PROBABLY pull through this just fine. You are all aware that MOST people who get it survive, right? Trump is at a somewhat elevated risk due to his age, but even his age doesn't put him at the highest risk.

btw - Why are people so concerned that Biden might have it? I thought wearing a mask and social distancing prevented people from getting it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 am
Do you suppose the leader of The Karens has covid? Mother Pence is rather rotund.
Where have you been? The GOP has dumped a ton of money giving Mother a substantial makeover. The whole shebang, weight loss, trainer, hair, makeup, wardrobe, might have had some surgical work done as well. Hubby would probably think he banging a whole new person if they fucked with the lights on.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:40 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am
I'm never up this late, but I wake up with a leg cramp, can't get back to sleep, and turn on the news to find this. Wow.

Trump and his wife PROBABLY pull through this just fine. You are all aware that MOST people who get it survive, right? Trump is at a somewhat elevated risk due to his age, but even his age doesn't put him at the highest risk.

btw - Why are people so concerned that Biden might have it? I thought wearing a mask and social distancing prevented people from getting it.
Because he stood 10-15 feet from a man looking at him and screaming for 90 minutes who now has the virus and we know you can spread it before you show symptoms. He’s also the other guy in a race for the most powerful position on the planet and in the age group most susceptible to the disease just like Trump is. Nobody said masks prevent it. But masks are known to reduce the spreading of it. Trump even mocked Biden at the debate for wearing one. If either of them dies this late in the game there may be no way to get them off the ballot. It doesn’t just fall to Pence or Harris. Both national committees vote for a new nominee. Most deadlines to put the new person on the ballot are passed now. Several states have no contingency in their election laws for a candidate dying. We would be in an incredible political crisis. That’s why everybody is worried about Biden. I can’t imagine how you don’t get any of this. You’re a little naive about things but not this badly.

This man (Trump) is stupid. There’s not other way to describe this sort of behavior. He’s not a genius. He’s not smart. He’s an idiot. I actually have the feeling that if they could have kept a positive diagnosis for Hicks and the Trumps under wraps and he felt ok they would have gome to Wisconsin and Florida to do the rallies as scheduled later today. They just simply don’t give a shit.

The folks who are in charge of contact tracing and ensuring that he’s ok should be shot. This is An inexcusable Lack of responsible behavior and transparency on their part. Apparently they knew Hicks had it on Thursday MORNING and didn’t immediately test the president, they allowed McInany to roll out there and do a briefing even though she had been exposed as well without telling any of the folks in the press room so now all those people have to isolate. Anyone who has been exposed to the president has to isolate. They were so lax that most of the west wing will have to isolate. These are some of the most inept people I’ve ever seen. And to boot they knew about it and allowed Trump to go to a fundraiser in New Jersey with his entourage and do a round table with supporters later Thursday:
“After White House officials learned of Hicks’ symptoms, Trump & his entourage flew to New Jersey, where he attended a fundraiser & delivered a speech. Trump was in close contact with dozens of other people, including campaign supporters at a roundtable.”
So that image you have of everybody being serious and treating the president as if he’s some sort of golden egg to be handled with the gentle care of a thousand angels can go right out the window. These people don’t do that.

Also even if he pulls through which is likely... if he starts to show significant symptoms it leaves Pence in Charge. If Pence shows those symptoms too I’m not sure exactly where it goes. But it creates a bit of a vulnerability for the country.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:46 am

Trump's tweet immediately prior to the one where he announced he had it was interesting in hindsight:
Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19. Terrible! The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!
Did he already know at that point in time that he had it? Kind of sounds like he might have.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic