Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's time to ask the question: will the executive branch accept election results?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: It's time to ask the question: will the executive branch accept election results?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:25 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 pm
It should continue until there is a vaccine.
So your position is that the Constitution doesn't apply during a pandemic.

Just curious what other special circumstances you believe call for temporarily suspending the constitution?
Our leaders need to have the freedom to make tough decisions during a pandemic. W used the same tactic to justify the Patriot Act, but this is wrong because this is a Democrat doing it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Re: It's time to ask the question: will the executive branch accept election results?

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Where did I say that?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 pm
Gretchen Derangement syndrome
It's justified. Literally everything she had done now for the past 5 and a half months was all unconstitutional. ALL OF IT.
:rollin :rollin :hat :rollin

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:58 am

Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:45 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:45 pm
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 pm
Gretchen Derangement syndrome
It's justified. Literally everything she had done now for the past 5 and a half months was all unconstitutional. ALL OF IT.
:rollin :rollin :hat :rollin
How is the truth so funny?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 pm
bmw wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Where did I say that?
You said Whitmer's executive orders (now found unconstitutional) should continue for months.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:57 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am
Neckbeard wrote:
bmw wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Where did I say that?
You said Whitmer's executive orders (now found unconstitutional) should continue for months.
Vs. the soon to be implemented Florida model? As a matter of principal yes they should given the choices. Expecting people to do the right thing is politician for “we don’t care”... people need some checks on their behavior... without them nobody will be following any guidance whatsoever..

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:58 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:46 pm
I think the most amazing thing here is that you think she’ll have a big loss at the polls in 2 years. Republicans are a minority in this state. That means you will need some independents and Democrats on the band wagon. Good luck.
Doggone Rate This.

You have GOT to step away from the screen glare(tm) of your computer or phone or tablet and start talking to real live people. So many of your postings seem to indicate you are a recluse. You say you're breaking in on the railroad. Take note of the things that the people you're pissed off on here are telling you. Ask the folks you'll be working with what do they think.

The smartest thing the Democrats could do is get another candidate in 2 years. Ask people. I keep telling you this. Start talking to friends and family and co-workers. What the TV and social media is telling you is not how the majority of folks feel.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:03 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:58 am
Rate This wrote:
I think the most amazing thing here is that you think she’ll have a big loss at the polls in 2 years. Republicans are a minority in this state. That means you will need some independents and Democrats on the band wagon. Good luck.
Doggone Rate This.

You have GOT to step away from the screen glare(tm) of your computer or phone or tablet and start talking to real live people. So many of your postings seem to indicate you are a recluse. You say you're breaking in on the railroad. Take note of the things that the people you're pissed off on here are telling you. Ask the folks you'll be working with what do they think.

The smartest thing the Democrats could do is get another candidate in 2 years. Ask people. I keep telling you this. Start talking to friends and family and co-workers. What the TV and social media is telling you is not how the majority of folks feel.
I would maintain that you don’t know what you are talking about and survey people outside of Westland or wherever you are. Head up to livonia or Oakland county or Washtenaw county... the Republicans are a small but vocal group.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:03 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:58 am
Rate This wrote:
Doggone Rate This.

I would maintain that you don’t know what you are talking about and survey people outside of Westland or wherever you are. Head up to livonia or Oakland county or Washtenaw county... the Republicans are a small but vocal group.
So you have asked people in these places if they support Whitmer's actions?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am
Neckbeard wrote:
bmw wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Where did I say that?
lol because they should.

we would definitely be better off in the long-term. All we need to do is look at our juvenile president as a model of how reckless some people are about this disease. I don't recall commenting on the constitutionality of it, it would be a moot point to do so. but the policy should remain and would be best for the state. I really don't get what's so hard to understand about that.

I get the sense that you're trying to put words in my mouth because you don't like my opinion on the matter. That's kinda childish itself if that's the case.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic