Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 am
I'm never up this late, but I wake up with a leg cramp, can't get back to sleep, and turn on the news to find this. Wow.

Trump and his wife PROBABLY pull through this just fine. You are all aware that MOST people who get it survive, right? Trump is at a somewhat elevated risk due to his age, but even his age doesn't put him at the highest risk.

btw - Why are people so concerned that Biden might have it? I thought wearing a mask and social distancing prevented people from getting it.
Biden was not wearing a mask and spit was flying from Trump while he was yelling.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:54 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:46 am
Trump's tweet immediately prior to the one where he announced he had it was interesting in hindsight:
Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19. Terrible! The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!
Did he already know at that point in time that he had it? Kind of sounds like he might have.
The timeline is murky but it sounds like Hicks developed symptoms sometime Wednesday while the entourage were in Minnesota. We have video of everybody boarding Marine 1 sans mask on Tuesday before the debate. Hicks developed symptoms and then was tested Thursday Morning and found to have had it and then the President for reasons I cannot explain was not immediately isolated and tested and continued his day and was tested later after Hicks diagnosis came out. If the White House would simply be transparent we could clear this up.

At the debate Trumps entire entourage removed their masks after sitting down and refused to put them back on when asked by the Cleveland Clinic folks while Biden’s people left there’s on. Both men are old and running for the Presidency. In this situation why is every precaution not being taken by the Trump folks? It’s absolutely inexplicable.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:59 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 am
Biden was not wearing a mask and spit was flying from Trump while he was yelling.
So they weren't sitting far enough apart?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:04 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:54 am
...Both men are old and running for the Presidency. In this situation why is every precaution not being taken by the Trump folks? It’s absolutely inexplicable.
I think it is just a matter of personal choice. We're now 7 months into this pandemic. Trump's not the only person who has chosen to carry on basically as normal - there are millions of Americans who are doing the same. The concept is risk assessment. Human beings engage in risk assessment many times every day without even knowing it. You take a look at how serious a risk is and make adjustments to your behavior in direct proportion to that risk. Now you can argue that Trump's calculations were off in this regard now that he's tested positive, but that is an argument made in hindsight.

Also, I'm tiring of the argument that Trump's actions were careless to the point of harming others. Well, these "others" are all grown adults and are equally capable of modifying THEIR behavior based on their own risk assessments.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:19 am

The people at CNN look pretty excited about the news.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:44 am

L M A O

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:07 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 am
I don't think we should take joy in this. I really don't.

In addition, Biden has not been cleared. Someone better be testing him tonight or first thing tomorrow.
Hicks began experiencing mild symptoms on Wednesday, so incubation period would be at least a few days prior.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:09 am

You can still spread the virus during the incubation period.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:09 am

Yes, I would agree but to a somewhat lesser degree than when experiencing symptoms.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:19 am

I expect the gross old redheaded people like Kathy Griffin and Bette Midler to shoot their mouths off when they wake up in the morning. Also expecting a ridiculing tweet from @MMFatso any minute now.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 am

Beast wishes to the President and First Lady on a speedy recovery

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 am

I just hope this doesn't spread like wildfire through his cabinet. That would be bad for their families, the financial markets, and the country in general.

Frankly, I am a bit surprised he made it this far without contracting it sooner. His travel schedule is very intensive.

For the country's sake, I hope the President and those around him get through this largely unscathed.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:07 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:44 am
L M A O
Pond scum gonna pond scum.

Best wishes to the President and First Lady.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:28 am

Anybody have a link to a forum where there is a dispassionate discussion?
I have a few constitutional questions I wouldn't dream of asking in here.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:07 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:44 am
L M A O
Pond scum gonna pond scum.

Best wishes to the President and First Lady.
Huh, you're upset that someone is being disrespectful?

What's your nickname for our Governor?

On the bright side, this isn't going to help him with the suburbs.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic