Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Trump and Melania Test Positive for COVID

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:33 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:24 am
https://news.yahoo.com/top-white-house- ... Wy9ee_tE_x

Sincere best wishes to the president and first lady.
She’s next in line if both should die from this.

I just hope he lives.
So do the markets...
U.S. equity futures plunged by more than 1.6%, or 500 Dow points after President Trump confirmed through a tweet that he and the first lady tested positive for coronavirus.

Dow futures are down 1.3%, or 360 points.

The S&P 500 is down 1.4%, or 46 points. The Nasdaq is declining by 1.9%, or 220 points.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:04 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:07 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:44 am
L M A O
Pond scum gonna pond scum.

Best wishes to the President and First Lady.
Huh, you're upset that someone is being disrespectful?

What's your nickname for our Governor?

On the bright side, this isn't going to help him with the suburbs.
I've correctly labeled Gretchen Whitmer as a tyrant. How is that wrong?

Also, this asshole contributes nothing.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:15 am

VP Pence tested negative per WSJ push I just received.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:41 am
You’re all hilarious!

Dumb Dems: “Everything that Trump says is a lie!”

Trump: “I’ve got the ‘rona.”

Dumb Dems: “The man speaks the truth!”
The hypocrisy is astounding.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 am

Biden and his wife sent wishes for speedy recovery...classy move.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:12 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 am
Biden and his wife sent wishes for speedy recovery...classy move.
Lots of lefties have done so: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... virus-test

It really reflects well on these people and highlights lowlifes like Neckbeard.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:27 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:19 am
The people at CNN look pretty excited about the news.

I was actually watching that at the time. It was actually anything but a giddy conversation.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:33 am

Matt, the one that shocked me was Alyssa Milano. She was one of the first to send well wishes to the President and First Lady along with Hope Hicks. Something like this can be a great equalizer. My social media, Facebook and the garbage dump better known as Twitter, has been full of hate but I expected it when my news department woke me up with the news.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:53 am

Trump isn't the first world leader to test positive. Justin Trudeau (PM of Canada), Jair Bolsonaro (President of Brazil), and Boris Johnson (PM of Great Britain) all had COVID earlier in the pandemic. Johnson is the only one of those three to end up hospitalized at some point AFAIK

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:17 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:04 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:54 am
...Both men are old and running for the Presidency. In this situation why is every precaution not being taken by the Trump folks? It’s absolutely inexplicable.
I think it is just a matter of personal choice. We're now 7 months into this pandemic. Trump's not the only person who has chosen to carry on basically as normal - there are millions of Americans who are doing the same. The concept is risk assessment. Human beings engage in risk assessment many times every day without even knowing it. You take a look at how serious a risk is and make adjustments to your behavior in direct proportion to that risk. Now you can argue that Trump's calculations were off in this regard now that he's tested positive, but that is an argument made in hindsight.

Also, I'm tiring of the argument that Trump's actions were careless to the point of harming others. Well, these "others" are all grown adults and are equally capable of modifying THEIR behavior based on their own risk assessments.
A lot of people have been saying he’s gonna get it as careless as he is for a long time. It’s not an argument in hindsight at all. It’s being smart enough to do a little odds crunching. Hindsight requires nobody to have been able to figure out it was a matter of time based on his behavior. Most people could figure out where this was leading. Im surprised it took this long. As recently as monday he said “nobody gets it”... He’s also the leader of the free world. He’s supposed to be better protected than this as a matter of protocol and national stability.

It would be nice if he says “hey guys let’s wear a mask, this sucks” but that requires empathy he doesn’t possess. He’s just not equipped for that the same way you wouldn’t do serious off road driving in a Prius.

My fear is that he doubles down on it with his supporters as being no big deal once he’s passed it.

He is currently said to have mild symptoms at this time. With 4 weeks left he’s losing 2-3 weeks of campaigning.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:31 am

"Ivanka. when you're doing the shopping, pick up a couple of jugs of Clorox for us."

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:32 am

He knew Hicks was positive before he went on the NJ fundraiser on Thursday, mingling with crowds and posing for photographs. He doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:40 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:32 am
He knew Hicks was positive before he went on the NJ fundraiser on Thursday, mingling with crowds and posing for photographs. He doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself.
Apparently he was noticeably lethargic at that fundraiser too. That portion of it is the really insane part and it goes beyond whatever “personal responsibility” crap that bmw is peddling. They KNEW he had been exposed and still let him go. Those people at the fundraiser weren’t given that information. If one of those people gets it and dies that’s on Trump and Co. There’s nowhere else to put the blame there.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:46 am

White House say he is showing mild symptoms

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:49 am

He's mid-70's and obese. Not the best Covid combo

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic