Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden says voters should choose who nominates Supreme Court justice

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Biden says voters should choose who nominates Supreme Court justice

Post by audiophile » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:36 am

Biden says voters should choose who nominates Supreme Court justice...

Yet you won't release your list of potential nominees? >:

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Re: Biden says voters should choose who nominates Supreme Court justice

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:36 am
Biden says voters should choose who nominates Supreme Court justice...

Yet you won't release your list of potential nominees? >:
The funny thing is voters decided in 2016.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:49 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 am
This.
The president is elected for four years not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four. Maybe members of the Senate will wake up and appreciate that that’s how it should be.
-Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sept 7, 2016. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 852413002/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:51 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:49 am
Matt wrote:
This.
The president is elected for four years not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four. Maybe members of the Senate will wake up and appreciate that that’s how it should be.
-Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sept 7, 2016. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 852413002/
Well that’s quite an accomplishment even for you... Ginsburgs words against your side in 2016 used against Democrats wanting to do the same thing in 2020. What’s the excuse for not heeding her advice then? In fact I’m pretty sure the Republicans wanted her to take a long walk off a short pier for even mentioning it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:53 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:51 am
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
This.
Well that’s quite an accomplishment even for you... Ginsburgs words against your side in 2016 used against Democrats wanting to do the same thing in 2020. What’s the excuse for not heeding her advice then? In fact I’m pretty sure the Republicans wanted her to take a long walk off a short pier for even mentioning it.
There weren't the votes in 2016.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:05 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:53 am
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
This.
There weren't the votes in 2016.
They should have been considering Garland. Giving him a hearing and an up or down vote. After all he’s elected for 4 years and not 3 and Obama is what she was referring to at the time. To ignore her words and then use them when it’s convenient to Go against your own precedent shows how power hungry and Machiavellian you folks have become. We have options we aren’t even going to use in the hopes we get the senate in January.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:09 am

So put him through all of the bullshit and then vote him down? What happened is much more humane. The two mongoloids representing Michigan in the Senate have already stated they are outing against ACB. Fucking hacks...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:13 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:09 am
So put him through all of the bullshit and then vote him down? What happened is much more humane. The two mongoloids representing Michigan in the Senate have already stated they are outing against ACB. Fucking hacks...
How does being against ACB make them hacks? Does that surprise you That they went that way?

The point was to give Garland a vote and not play politics with it. If he doesn’t get in then ok but sitting
On it for 10 months is a very different animal than ramming it through in 44 days. They only want to do it so faster so she can hear the Obamacare case and rule on any election shenanigans Trump tries to pull to muck things up. It’s all about holding onto power.

Incidentally the Red Mirage May be a problem Trump will sue over claiming fraud. Basically he’s up on Election Day because Republicans showed up in person pandemic be damned. Then the mostly Democrats who voted absentee have their ballots counted generally (but not everywhere has to wait) when the polls close on Election Day. The count goes on for several days and Trumps lead vanishes accordingly. Trumps only real Hope is to stop that count.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Can we just agree that both sides have been highly hypocritical when it comes to Supreme Court justices the past 4 years? The media is eviscerating the right over their hypocrisy (which is fair, IMO) but they're not saying a DAMN WORD about the equivalent hypocrisy coming not only from left-wing politicians, but also from RBG herself. 4 years ago she argues (correctly, I might add) that the President's term is 4 years, not 3, and now 4 years later when she's on her death bed, allegedly her final dying wish was that Trump not replace her.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:22 pm
Rate This wrote:
Can we just agree that both sides have been highly hypocritical when it comes to Supreme Court justices the past 4 years? The media is eviscerating the right over their hypocrisy (which is fair, IMO) but they're not saying a DAMN WORD about the equivalent hypocrisy coming not only from left-wing politicians, but also from RBG herself. 4 years ago she argues (correctly, I might add) that the President's term is 4 years, not 3, and now 4 years later when she's on her death bed, allegedly her final dying wish was that Trump not replace her.
Your admitting it is what I was after. The smugness of “The Left does it but we don’t” is a little thick...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:01 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:42 am
Biden says a lot of things.
Let's be honest. He's the typical septuagenarian that says his rambling thoughts out loud. Trump does it too. We all know old farts like that. Someday we will be old curmudgeons babbling incoherently. Choose which one you want in November.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:01 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Let's be honest. He's the typical septuagenarian that says his rambling thoughts out loud. Trump does it too. We all know old farts like that. Someday we will be old curmudgeons babbling incoherently. Choose which one you want in November.
Are you sure you should be using someday in that sentence the way you post?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
I took my Geritol this morning. I'm good to go.

Every day I write myself a note. "When you turn 70, do whatever you want".

One of these days, I'm going to find one of those notes and it's going to be Game On. There's going to find me naked in the fountain at Westland Mall yelling "I don't know where I live" and "I like marshmallows".

What are they going to do to me? I'm old. They're not going to arrest me. They're going to give me a bag of marshmallows and a ride home.

And tell the new guy "Aww, that's just Mike. He comes down here every Thursday and washes his ass in the fountain".

(credit to Billy Gardell. This is from one of his skits).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
I took my Geritol this morning. I'm good to go.

Every day I write myself a note. "When you turn 70, do whatever you want".

One of these days, I'm going to find one of those notes and it's going to be Game On. There's going to find me naked in the fountain at Westland Mall yelling "I don't know where I live" and "I like marshmallows".

What are they going to do to me? I'm old. They're not going to arrest me. They're going to give me a bag of marshmallows and a ride home.

And tell the new guy "Aww, that's just Mike. He comes down here every Thursday and washes his ass in the fountain".

(credit to Billy Gardell. This is from one of his skits).
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic