Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden Says He Won’t Release Supreme Court Nominee List Before Election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Biden Says He Won’t Release Supreme Court Nominee List Before Election

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:08 am

No transparency from Biden as usual.

Of course Biden's Dem-entia is on display that Trump providing a potential list of nominees before an election is somehow wrong. Biden knows his list would be a bunch of krappy judicial activists, so he won't reveal them.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-say ... 07785.html

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Re: Biden Says He Won’t Release Supreme Court Nominee List Before Election

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:20 am

My thoughts:

The President has an obligation to nominate someone. And not wait until the election to present his nominee to Congress. Should Trump wait a couple weeks before he does that? Sure.

But there's no need for Congress to act swiftly. Confirmation of the nominee can wait until after the election. Which means it probably won't happen until after the inauguration. Congress stays home between Thanksgiving and New Year's. And the Supremes take most of December and the first part of January off.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 am

Dementia Joe is a coward.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am

Hi Joe do you have Dem-entia on this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... video.html

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:22 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:20 am
My thoughts:

The President has an obligation to nominate someone. And not wait until the election to present his nominee to Congress. Should Trump wait a couple weeks before he does that? Sure.

But there's no need for Congress to act swiftly. Confirmation of the nominee can wait until after the election. Which means it probably won't happen until after the inauguration. Congress stays home between Thanksgiving and New Year's. And the Supremes take most of December and the first part of January off.
I know it's a government job, but why wait a couple weeks?? It's not like this came as any surprise and they've been looking at candidates for over 4 years. Finish whatever vetting process hasn't yet been completed on the pool of candidates and make a selection and get the ball rolling in the Senate. NO NEED TO WAIT AT ALL.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:22 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
My thoughts:

I know it's a government job, but why wait a couple weeks?? It's not like this came as any surprise and they've been looking at candidates for over 4 years. Finish whatever vetting process hasn't yet been completed on the pool of candidates and make a selection and get the ball rolling in the Senate. NO NEED TO WAIT AT ALL.
Instead of appearing to be in a rush to fill her seat, Trump should do just the opposite.
Publicly giving Ginsberg accolades, and all that dazzle and baffle. Saying that out of respect to the 'ol bird, he don't want to rush into it. I think that would score more votes than lose votes if he appeared to have that sort of noble attitude.
(I know, I know, but it's all about what's perceived).

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 am

Announcement will be Saturday and Romney has said for the record he supports filling the seat NOW

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 am
km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:22 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
My thoughts:

Instead of appearing to be in a rush to fill her seat, Trump should do just the opposite.
Publicly giving Ginsberg accolades, and all that dazzle and baffle. Saying that out of respect to the 'ol bird, he don't want to rush into it. I think that would score more votes than lose votes if he appeared to have that sort of noble attitude.
(I know, I know, but it's all about what's perceived).
You don't have to fast-track it, but just don't intentionally delay it, for any reason. Make the case that it's a process that needs to be done and the Supreme Court should have all members because they have a lot of work to do.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:46 pm

*Cough* Grand Old Hypocrites *Cough*

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectLinco ... frame.html

Go ahead and explain all these guys saying this... I won’t hold my breath.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:46 pm

There is no way they can justify it, RT. The hypocrisy is indisputable. It's just power over principle.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:56 pm
Rate This wrote:

There is no way they can justify it, RT. The hypocrisy is indisputable. It's just power over principle.
No they can’t and it’s not even popular nationally... 50% of REPUBLICANS
Don’t want this to go forward before the election:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN26B0TN
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A majority of Americans, including many Republicans, want the winner of the November presidential election to name a successor to Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U.S. Supreme Court, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Sunday.

The national opinion poll, conducted Sept. 19-20 after Ginsburg’s death was announced, suggests that many Americans object to President Donald Trump’s plan, backed by many Senate Republicans, to push through another lifetime appointee and cement a 6-3 conservative majority on the court.

The poll found that 62% of American adults agreed the vacancy should be filled by the winner of the Nov. 3 matchup between Trump and Democratic former Vice President Joe Biden, while 23% disagreed and the rest said they were not sure.

Eight out of 10 Democrats - and five in 10 Republicans - agreed that the appointment should wait until after the election.

Trump needs the support of the Senate, which currently has a 53-47 Republican majority to confirm a nominee. So far two Republican senators - Maine’s Susan Collins and Alaska’s Lisa Murkowski - have said publicly since Ginsburg’s death Friday that they think the winner of the election should make the nomination.

Senate Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has vowed a vote with weeks to go in Trump’s term.

Democrats are still seething over his refusal to act on Democratic President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, in 2016 after conservative Justice Antonin Scalia died 10 months before that election. McConnell said then that the Senate should not act on a court nominee during an election year, a stance he has since reversed.

The looming fight over the Supreme Court vacancy so far does not appear to have given either of the two major political parties much of an advantage in an incendiary campaign season that already was expected to break participation records.

The poll found that 30% of American adults said that Ginsburg’s death will make them more likely to vote for Biden while 25% said they were now more likely to support Trump. Another 38% said that it had no impact on their interest in voting, and the rest said they were not sure.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online, in English, throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 1,006 American adults, including 463 Democrats and 374 Republicans. It has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of plus or minus 4 percentage points.
Go ahead and do this on second thought. You will be crushed.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:

100% agree with your statement that the Democrat senators that were insistent on pushing a lame duck President's nominee through have now switched course!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:37 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Rate This wrote:

100% agree with your statement that the Democrat senators that were insistent on pushing a lame duck President's nominee through have now switched course!
10 months vs. 44 days.. big difference.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 pm

"I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,' " he said in 2016 shortly after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. "And you could use my words against me and you'd be absolutely right."

Graham repeated the sentiment in October 2018 in an interview with The Atlantic's editor-in-chief, Jeffrey Goldberg. "If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump's term, and the primary process has started, we'll wait till the next election."

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 pm
"I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,' " he said in 2016 shortly after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. "And you could use my words against me and you'd be absolutely right."

Graham repeated the sentiment in October 2018 in an interview with The Atlantic's editor-in-chief, Jeffrey Goldberg. "If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump's term, and the primary process has started, we'll wait till the next election."
That’s crystal clear. Cut and dry. Indisputable. Why? Graham gave us instructions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic