Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Historic Achievement, No Coverage?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Historic Achievement, No Coverage?

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 am

So yesterday, a milestone that pretty much every President in my lifetime, (well except for Obama) tried to achieve was a peace deal in the middle east. They ALL failed, all except DJT. A historic deal was signed yesterday between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, and Israel and Bahrain, both Muslim countries. This most likely will change the course of history in the middle east.

I was on the road for the entire day yesterday traveling to pick up an owner surrender dog. I wasn't able to watch or read any of the coverage. This morning, I go to the Fox News site and find nothing. Over to CNN, nothing. Over to MSNBC, nothing. NBC, nothing.

It is hard to fathom that this isn't a big deal news story. Then again, I guess not, because it makes the Orange Man look good.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: Historic Achievement, No Coverage?

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 am

ABC News yesterday (which I watched because I was curious as to just what kind of coverage this would get) did on their 6:30 newscast call this a "historic" achievement, but it was in the bottom half of the 6:30 news and didn't get much coverage at all.

You can bet your life that if President Obama had achieved an identical peace deal that it would be the lead story and the press would be throwing celebratory parades showering him with praise.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 am
ABC News yesterday (which I watched because I was curious as to just what kind of coverage this would get) did on their 6:30 newscast call this a "historic" achievement, but it was in the bottom half of the 6:30 news and didn't get much coverage at all.

You can bet your life that if President Obama had achieved an identical peace deal that it would be the lead story and the press would be throwing celebratory parades showering him with praise.
And another Peace Prize. Which would be warranted unlike the first one.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:50 am

It's getting coverage on some radio stations this morning.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm

bmw wrote:

If it had been a Democratic president, NBC would of had an hour long Dateline Special at 10pm. Same with ABC. An hour long prime time 20/20. ABC would of got Barbara Walters out of mothballs for the occasion.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm
bmw wrote:

If it had been a Democratic president, NBC would of had an hour long Dateline Special at 10pm. Same with ABC. An hour long 20/20. ABC would of even got Barbara Walters out of mothballs for the occasion.

Dateline and 20 - 20 used to be legitimate news programs

Now,Dateline only covers years old murder stories. and Barbara Walters only does celebrity interviews.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm

CNN ran the signing ceremony in its entirety.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm
CNN ran the signing ceremony in its entirety.
R Bedell wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:55 pm
Ah, CNN, the bottom feeder of the Swamp Media.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Kind of funny because the right was always scared of a peace treaty with Israel, especially a 7 year one.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm
Kind of funny because the right was always scared of a peace treaty with Israel, especially a 7 year one.
Huh?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 am
So yesterday, a milestone that pretty much every President in my lifetime, (well except for Obama) tried to achieve was a peace deal in the middle east. They ALL failed, all except DJT. A historic deal was signed yesterday between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, and Israel and Bahrain, both Muslim countries. This most likely will change the course of history in the middle east.

I was on the road for the entire day yesterday traveling to pick up an owner surrender dog. I wasn't able to watch or read any of the coverage. This morning, I go to the Fox News site and find nothing. Over to CNN, nothing. Over to MSNBC, nothing. NBC, nothing.

It is hard to fathom that this isn't a big deal news story. Then again, I guess not, because it makes the Orange Man look good.
It’s normalized relations... not exactly a peace deal with two of the most milquetoast middle eastern countries... when Iran or Palestine signs a peace deal Or even wants to normalize relations we can talk. Those deals would change the course of history in the Middle East. In comparison this is relatively minor. This is a feather in his cap I want to be clear about that, but it doesn’t require people to celebrate in the streets either.

Oh and P.S. the number of countries with such a deal is now 4. Egypt signed on under Carter and Jordan did so under Clinton. You were alive for both. So you’re incorrect on that.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm
Huh?
Right wing Evangelicals believe that the end times tribulation will begin with a 7 year peace treaty involving Israel.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm
. when Iran or Palestine signs a peace deal
Why negotiate with 'Palestine", they're not even a country.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:15 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm
Huh?
Right wing Evangelicals believe that the end times tribulation will begin with a 7 year peace treaty involving Israel.
I thought they were looking forward to going to heaven? Normal, everyone wants to go to heaven, no one wants to die.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm
. when Iran or Palestine signs a peace deal
Why negotiate with 'Palestine", they're not even a country.
Agreed. Also worth noting that miserable failure Barry Obama screwed the pooch with Iran even after illegally sending them pallets of cash
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic