Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Liberal Bastion of Forbes Says Trump Tax Cuts Would Bankrupt Social Security by 2023

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

The Liberal Bastion of Forbes Says Trump Tax Cuts Would Bankrupt Social Security by 2023

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:47 am

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Re: The Liberal Bastion of Forbes Says Trump Tax Cuts Would Bankrupt Social Security by 2023

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:27 am

Here's an interesting read saying there is no Social Security “crisis.” It is completely made up. There is no financial “crisis.” There is no economic “crisis.” The only Social Security “crisis” is the crisis of people believing there is a Social Security crisis.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-a ... 2020-08-28

Republicans would like to raise the retirement age to "save" Social Security.
Democrats would like to get rid of the cap on taxable wages, so people pay the tax on everything they earn.
On this issue, I side with the Democrats.

audiophile

Re: The Liberal Bastion of Forbes Says Trump Tax Cuts Would Bankrupt Social Security by 2023

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:37 am

Since you reposted your earlier claim of bankrupted by 2023, l'm posting my earlier response from August 28th...
audiophile wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 am
There so much misinformation with your post, I'm not sure where to begin.

1. Bernie would bankrupted it by 2021 with no way to pay for Medicare for all besides they been talking it being bankrupted for at least 40 years.

2. The best way to protect S.S. is to make sure everyone is working and paying into 15% into the SS fund!

3. Trump was helping drop the unemployment to historic low levels which funds Social Security, as a plus, the shortage of workers was lifting wages for even more $$$.

4. Russia didn't rig the election. They tried to influence it, but so does every country.

5. What's wrong with putting mail in the box your in front of your house? Those blue boxes make no difference on voting.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:06 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 am
Hell, I have been hearing of the Social Security crisis since the 1970's. Numerous Presidents have made attempts to correct this and yet..............Congress still keeps borrow from that fund.

Maybe....if Congress would pay back the money they borrowed, they would be NO crisis.

Thus, another round of DNC FALSE BULL SH*T.
Not only borrowing from it, but they are constantly expanding the folks who are drawing from the funds. Just about anybody can get SS though some method of being a deceased's survivor, from being a dependent or having some form of "disability".

They need to get SS back to what it was originally intended.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:30 am

Dumb Ass Donald. Touchin’ that third rail of US politics.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic