Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Friday Night Massacre at USPS

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Friday Night Massacre at USPS

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:49 am

I can think of several hundred categories of businesses that will be extremely disrupted and upset because of the political wranglings of our village idiot. What the hell is he doing?
Postal Service overhauls leadership as Democrats press for investigation of mail delays. Lawmakers want the inspector general to examine Postmaster General Louis DeJoy’s cost-cutting measures and investments.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy unveiled a sweeping overhaul of the nation’s mail service, displacing the two top executives overseeing day-to-day operations, according to a reorganization memo released Friday. The shake-up came as congressional Democrats called for an investigation of DeJoy and the cost-cutting measures that have slowed mail delivery and ensnared ballots in recent primary elections.

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge. All told, 33 staffers included in the old postal hierarchy either kept their jobs or were reassigned in the restructuring, with five more staffers joining the leadership from other roles.

The reshuffling threatens to heighten tensions between postal officials and lawmakers, who are troubled by delivery delays — the Postal Service banned employees from working overtime and making extra trips to deliver mail — and wary of the Trump administration’s influence on the Postal Service as the coronavirus pandemic rages and November’s election draws near.
Washington Post

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Re: Friday Night Massacre at USPS

Post by km1125 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:12 am

Has the USPS ever been a model of an efficiently run organization?? Have they ever operated within their budget??

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:33 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:12 am
Has the USPS ever been a model of an efficiently run organization?? Have they ever operated within their budget??
They were a department originally not a business. They actually would be profitable if not for a 2006 law that forces them to vest pensions for 75 years. The intent with DeJoy is clear. Slow the ballots down enough that they can’t get there by Election Day and thus won’t count. They are attempting rather nakedly to cheat.

Mail is essentially supposed to get where it’s going as fast as possible come hell or high water... slowing said mail is a felony. Maybe Cyrus Vance should look into it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:35 am

km1125 wrote:
What's your point? It's reliable for businesses. Wait until you need it and it's not there.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:35 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:33 am
. The intent with DeJoy is clear. Slow the ballots down enough that they can’t get there by Election Day and thus won’t count. They are attempting rather nakedly to cheat.
except what research there is shows little advantage either way with respect to parties. Research does show white people and older people are more likely than other categories to mail in votes.
So why would DeJoy want to negate the votes of older, and or, white people?
I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 am

They actually would be profitable if not for a 2006 law that forces them to vest pensions for 75 years.
Why am I not surprised? Man oh man, don't get me started on defined benefit pensions. A truly terrible financial instrument that should've been outlawed eons ago.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:18 pm

I get nothing by US mail anymore. All important things are sent email and direct deposit. Can't remember the last time anything other than junk showed up in my mailbox. I check it once a week or so

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:25 pm

km1125 wrote:
If that's the criteria for questioning if a government organization should be reorganized or even supported, the Army, Navy, Air Force and a dozen other acronym agencies should be up for scrutiny, review and reorganization as well.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:26 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:25 pm
km1125 wrote:
If that's the criteria for questioning if a government organization should be reorganized or even supported, the Army, Navy, Air Force and a dozen other acronym agencies should be up for scrutiny, review and reorganization as well.
The millitary needs to be dismantled the way police will be.
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:31 pm

km1125 wrote:
I don't have a problem with any of that.

You have to start somewhere, why not the USPS?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:26 pm
km1125 wrote:
Yep, a "smart" liberal response.

First you want to remove protections for residents of the cities so your vile friends can have their way, then you want to remove protections for the country so we're defenseless from international aggressors.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:55 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 pm
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:

First you want to remove protections for residents of the cities so your vile friends can have their way, then you want to remove protections for the country so we're defenseless from international aggressors.
We are defended well enough to destroy the world and kill every living thing on it 1000 times over. There is a point of too much defense. There’s nobody that’s that much of a threat.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:55 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 pm
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:

We are defended well enough to destroy the world and kill every living thing on it 1000 times over. There is a point of too much defense. There’s nobody that’s that much of a threat.
I always love the "go blindly" crowd. I disliked Rumsfeld except for his ability to reduce the millitary and kick the complex in the nuts.
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:49 pm

Hold on to your knickers. This is really a nothing burger.
In the past, the Postal Service would sometimes run mail out the same day it come in. Hence the overtime.

What the new guy wants is once the carriers go out the door in the morning, whatever comes in after they left waits until the next day. So you may get some of your mail a day later than usual. What's the big deal? Ballots and other mail will still be postmarked the same day they are received by the Post Office. As it always had. Nothing changes there.

The original piece quoted to start this thread is a true slant job.

Me personally, the Post Office should be another department of the government. Yes, they are in red tape big time. And I'm not quite sure why with all this money being sloshed around for this and that, they can't throw some at the USPS and put them in the black. But I suppose it is what it is. I think there's a game plan down the road we don't know about to privatize it and let Jeff Bozo or someone like that have it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:49 pm
Hold on to your knickers. This is really a nothing burger.
In the past, the Postal Service would sometimes run mail out the same day it come in. Hence the overtime.

What the new guy wants is once the carriers go out the door in the morning, whatever comes in after they left waits until the next day. So you may get some of your mail a day later than usual. What's the big deal? Ballots and other mail will still be postmarked the same day they are received by the Post Office. As it always had. Nothing changes there.

The original piece quoted to start this thread is a true slant job.

Me personally, the Post Office should be another department of the government. Yes, they are in red tape big time. And I'm not quite sure why with all this money being sloshed around for this and that, they can't throw some at the USPS and put them in the black. But I suppose it is what it is. I think there's a game plan down the road we don't know about to privatize it and let Jeff Bozo or someone like that have it.
It won't be Bezos. Trump has repeatedly said Amazon is causing the downfall of the USPS. More likely, some pal of Postmaster DeJoy who, with his wife, have a financial interest of between $30M-$75M in USPS competitors such as UPS & J.B. Hunt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic