Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Crooked pile of shit Trump wants to delay election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Crooked pile of shit Trump wants to delay election

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 am

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Re: Crooked pile of shit Trump wants to delay election

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:50 am

Ok, now THAT was a significant political blunder.

That said, I don't recall any of the left complaining at all the governors who delayed primaries due to the Coronavirus. Sure, you can argue that primaries are far less significant than a Presidential election, but the fundamental issue is the same.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:00 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:50 am

That said, I don't recall any of the left complaining at all the governors who delayed primaries due to the Coronavirus. Sure, you can argue that primaries are far less significant than a Presidential election, but the fundamental issue is the same.
Arguably, our shit for brains governor SHOULD HAVE delayed the March primary here.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:09 am

Looks like Trump knows he's cooked.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am

Cue up Lester the Nightfly speculating about which method will be required to forcefully remove Trump from the White House.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 am

It will never happen BUT as far as I'm concerned, from a presidential standpoint you could delay up to two months as long as the inauguration on January 20 goes on as prescribed in the 20th Amendment.
In any case I think only Congress has the authority to change an election date under the constitution.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:48 am

bmw wrote:

The issue was one of law. Specifically an 1845 law that sets the time of elections as the first Tuesday in November. Both parties would have to agree to change it which is probably getting hit by lighting while Simultaneously winning the lottery level odds... Compounding matter is him saying absentee voting is ok but mail in is not when there is no difference between the two. He and his campaign know they are in trouble and he just showed his hand. Some of these things he does are inexplicable... putting myself in the shoes of a supporter for a moment “WHY... WHY DO THAT? WHY?”

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 am

Just curious - has anybody pondered the possibility of Trump running again in 2024 if he loses in 2020? I could see him winning the nomination again if the Biden presidency were a disaster.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:58 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 am
Just curious - has anybody pondered the possibility of Trump running again in 2024 if he loses in 2020? I could see him winning the nomination again if the Biden presidency were a disaster.
Well... he’d be 78 and I’m with whoever said enough boomers... at some point (other than Obama who was born in 1961) we have to kick this 1940’s kick before they have all kicked the bucket. Did you know that since 1992 Bush 1, Dole, McCain And Obama are the only nominees that haven’t been born sometime in the 1940’s? What are we gonna do when they are all out of the game? Just stop having presidents?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:01 am

The Dems had plenty of "youth" options....and they selected Biden. Blame that on the primary voters, not the general election voters.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:01 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:48 am
bmw wrote:

The issue was one of law. Specifically an 1845 law that sets the time of elections as the first Tuesday in November. Both parties would have to agree to change it which is probably getting hit by lighting while Simultaneously winning the lottery level odds... Compounding matter is him saying absentee voting is ok but mail in is not when there is no difference between the two. He and his campaign know they are in trouble and he just showed his hand. Some of these things he does are inexplicable... putting myself in the shoes of a supporter for a moment “WHY... WHY DO THAT? WHY?”
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 24&t=50352

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:07 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:01 am
The Dems had plenty of "youth" options....and they selected Biden. Blame that on the primary voters, not the general election voters.
In this case he was probably the strongest candidate available. My point was more general though. As the boomers age and continue to be the backbone of the GOP don’t be surprised to see some folks pushing or over 80 in the mix at some point on that side.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 am

Me personally, I think somebody in their 50s is the optimal age to be President. Young enough to still be healthy, active, and mentally sharp as a whip, yet old enough to actually have some life experience.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:32 pm

When are you running? :-)

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:47 pm

From the brilliant Jim Wright:
Trump himself can't delay the election, but he CAN push this narrative until his cronies in Congress take it up. Which is obviously what he's up to with this tweet.

It's a test balloon, to see if he can rally support for such an idea.

Then again, careful what you wish for.

The Constitution is pretty clear on this.

If there's no election, in accordance with the 20th Amendment, then Trump and Pence are done on the 20th of January, 2021, and "the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified." The Presidential Succession Act of 1947 says that person will be the Speaker of the House, and even though Nancy Pelosi's term ends this year, states would still manage their own elections. California has mail-in voting and the odds are pretty good that Nancy Pelosi would become President Pro Tem.

It's a bit more complicated than all of that and it's never happened before and so there will likely be a lot of chaos, but the one thing that is certain is this: if the election is delayed, Trump is out of the White House on January 20th. Full stop.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic