Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Crooked pile of shit Trump wants to delay election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor

Re: Crooked pile of shit Trump wants to delay election

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:29 pm

Delaying the election is about all he can do to hope for a Hail Mary pass into the end zone......He's going to get smoked.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 pm
No. You can show up in person for free. Besides it's not that much.

Why should government pay for S&H? Most federal agencies send via FEDEX if it's something very important.
While that is true paying $5.00+ to send a ballot is a poll tax. You can’t charge to vote.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 am

Or drop off absentee ballots at a drop box

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 am

ftballfan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 am
Or drop off absentee ballots at a drop box
The only fear there is that folks will drop off some fake drop boxes and dispose of the ballots by burning them in effigy or something. If I’d be worried about fraud it would be from that.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am

I stand by my assertion that absentee ballot should not be completely anonymous (could have a traceable ID number or bar code).

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am
I stand by my assertion that absentee ballot should not be completely anonymous (could have a traceable ID number or bar code).
They do. There’s a barcode customized for the voter with their info right on the envelope as well as a numbered stub on the ballot and a signature to compare to the one on file. It’s quite safe.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 am
audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am
They do. There’s a barcode customized for the voter with their info right on the envelope as well as a numbered stub on the ballot and a signature to compare to the one on file. It’s quite safe.
This exchange is exactly why I pay little attention to these ignorant fuckwits. Time and time again they are all too willing to blurt out some "assertion" with absolutely no thought, consideration or understanding behind it. Like some barnyard animal.

God it will be nice to tune these jackasses out completely after Trump gets his ass handed to him this fall. They'll only have themselves to blame for their marginalization.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:19 pm

So now Trump is threatening to sue in many states, except Florida. I just imagine his handlers are treating him like a toddler these days...
President Trump on Tuesday encouraged voters in Florida to vote by mail, saying the state's election system is “safe and secure” after weeks of assailing efforts to expand mail-in voting by claiming that it would invite large-scale fraud.

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump tweeted. “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail!
The Hill

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 pm

Yeah? And? The streets are safe to walk at night where I live. Wouldn't do it in Highland Park.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 pm
Yeah? And? The streets are safe to walk at night where I live. Wouldn't do it in Highland Park.
What does that have to do with anything?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:06 am

The Land is not High and it's no Park???

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:59 am

Bryce wrote:
So the sitting President gets to pick and choose? Just keep this mind when the party of the people takes control.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:09 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:59 am
Bryce wrote:
So the sitting President gets to pick and choose? Just keep this mind when the party of the people takes control.
Yep, if that happens it'll be a regular "People's Republic."

Judicious people pick and choose. Just like walking the streets at night, areas that over time have proven to be safe and effective would be a wise choice to continue.

Look at the disaster that happened in Patterson New Jersey when it was tried for the first time.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic