Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump and his Kool Aid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump and his Kool Aid

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:28 am

To support the obvious, Trump has surrounded himself with these bogus conservative news sources and will likely go down with the ship listening to an echo chamber. Other Republicans no longer support him.
In the six months since the deadly contagion was first reported in the United States, Trump has demanded the economy reopen and children return to school, all while scrambling to salvage his reelection campaign.

But allies and opponents agree he has failed at the one task that could help him achieve all his goals — confronting the pandemic with a clear strategy and consistent leadership.

Trump’s shortcomings have perplexed even some of his most loyal allies, who increasingly have wondered why the president has not at least pantomimed a sense of command over the crisis or conveyed compassion for the millions of Americans hurt by it.

People close to Trump, many speaking on the condition of anonymity to share candid discussions and impressions, say the president’s inability to wholly address the crisis is due to his almost pathological unwillingness to admit error; a positive feedback loop of overly rosy assessments and data from advisers and Fox News; and a penchant for magical thinking that prevented him from fully engaging with the pandemic.
Washington Post

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Re: Trump and his Kool Aid

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:39 am

Yawn...

Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:43 am

I’m falling asleep TCT is boring. I guess I’m going to pull a Joe Biden now what was the topic.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 am

Lucky615 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:43 am
I’m falling asleep TCT is boring. I guess I’m going to pull a Joe Biden now what was the topic.
I think it was poop. Biden is poop.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nina-t ... ng-bowl-sh

Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:55 am

UP906 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 am
Lucky615 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:43 am
I think it was poop. Biden is poop.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nina-t ... ng-bowl-sh
Thanks, Biden is 💩. Good read by the way.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:12 am

Here's a money quote "If we can keep him NOT crazy for 60 of the next 100 days, we are good". I can't wait to see what's next.
“If once in a while he goes off on a tweet storm about Dr. Fauci, OK,” said a person close to the White House, referencing the president’s occasional attempts — including on Tuesday night — to discredit Anthony Fauci, one of the government’s most respected voices on the coronavirus. “He just needs to have more days like we saw in the last week and a half than not. He doesn’t need perfection, he just needs to win 60 percent of the next 100 days.”

The attempt to get Trump relatively on message comes as coronavirus cases surge across the United States, with major spikes in Arizona, Florida and Texas. Meanwhile, the death toll from the disease has kept climbing, topping 147,000, and renewing concerns about protective equipment and hospital space.

Before last week, Trump had repeatedly dismissed the surge, arguing that it was simply due to a boost in testing availability and that there were no pending shortages of any kind. Instead, he had focused almost exclusively on reopening the economy.

The president’s eagerness to change the subject didn’t bode well in the polls: The president’s approval rating for handling the pandemic slipped to its lowest mark at the beginning of July
. Politico

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:12 am
Here's a money quote "If we can keep him NOT crazy for 60 of the next 100 days, we are good". I can't wait to see what's next.
“If once in a while he goes off on a tweet storm about Dr. Fauci, OK,” said a person close to the White House, referencing the president’s occasional attempts — including on Tuesday night — to discredit Anthony Fauci, one of the government’s most respected voices on the coronavirus. “He just needs to have more days like we saw in the last week and a half than not. He doesn’t need perfection, he just needs to win 60 percent of the next 100 days.”

The attempt to get Trump relatively on message comes as coronavirus cases surge across the United States, with major spikes in Arizona, Florida and Texas. Meanwhile, the death toll from the disease has kept climbing, topping 147,000, and renewing concerns about protective equipment and hospital space.

Before last week, Trump had repeatedly dismissed the surge, arguing that it was simply due to a boost in testing availability and that there were no pending shortages of any kind. Instead, he had focused almost exclusively on reopening the economy.

The president’s eagerness to change the subject didn’t bode well in the polls: The president’s approval rating for handling the pandemic slipped to its lowest mark at the beginning of July
. Politico
The source is a liberal propaganda source. Politico :rollin

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:36 pm

I guess the polls are telling the story of a loser in melt down. He's losing Georgia, Texas and a dozen states he won in 2016.

Let's see what stupid shit he will do next.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 pm

After watching the hearing with our esteemed AG, I would much prefer to drink the Trump Kool-Aid than Jerry Nadler's prune juice.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:45 pm

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:45 pm
No one cares about the R. Budd Dwyer Grifting Project.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:06 pm

Grace is to Trump what garlic is to vampires.
Speaking of grace, it’s worth watching George W. Bush’s eulogy for Lewis, which got the standing ovation it deserved. Not just because of its eloquence, but because it was such a vivid demonstration that policy differences should be no bar to admiring the character of our political opponents. One of the many reasons Lewis deserved those magnificent tributes is because he operated from convictions of radical love. He saw humanity even in those who refused to see humanity in him.
The moment we read the tweet, “Just ‘congratulated’ ‘president-elect’ Joe Biden (total loser). You’ll miss me VERY SOON!!!” is the moment our long national nightmare will finally be over.
Bret Stephens

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Actually they’ve been raising money hand over fist and getting under Trumps skin at every turn. Plus just as a general rule the tweet is spot on. It was a classless pussy move to not say anything about John Lewis.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:15 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Actually they’ve been raising money hand over fist and getting under Trumps skin at every turn. Plus just as a general rule the tweet is spot on. It was a classless pussy move to not say anything about John Lewis.
They're Never Trump Grifters. 90% is going to them.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:38 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:15 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
They're Never Trump Grifters. 90% is going to them.
No it isn’t. Such reporting was a hit job. Plus the ads are quite entertaining and they ARE getting under Trumps skin and that’s the whole point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic