Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Uncle Tom Herman Cain on deaths door

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Uncle Tom Herman Cain on deaths door

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:07 am

The claim that he died because
(A) he attended the Tulsa Rally, and
(B) he wasn't wearing a mask

...is PURE speculation. None of you insensitive assholes have one shred of evidence that this is where he caught the virus OR that he wouldn't have caught it had he worn a mask.

I rarely get TRULY upset over anything I read in comments sections or internet forums, but some of the reactions I'm reading here to the death of a genuinely good person are genuinely upsetting me. Show some respect. At least wait 72 hours before trying to score political points off someone's death.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:16 am

Upon further thought, I've decided I'm done posting on this site for a while. A group of people insensitive enough to kick a good man when he's dead - especially before he's even been buried - is not a group of people with whom I want to interact or engage in political debate. I may come back if and when the world ever returns to some semblance of sanity, but for now, the political environment is too toxic, even for online debate with strangers.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:16 am
Upon further thought, I've decided I'm done posting on this site for a while. A group of people insensitive enough to kick a good man when he's dead - especially before he's even been buried - is not a group of people with whom I want to interact or engage in political debate. I may come back if and when the world ever returns to some semblance of sanity, but for now, the political environment is too toxic, even for online debate with strangers.
Amen very well said. Your views will be missed, please come back and exercise your freedom of speech my friend and good luck out there.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 am

bmw wrote:
Well there goes that.... I guess I win the predictions thing by default?

Seriously though this is rather sad.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 am
bmw wrote:
Well there goes that.... I guess I win the predictions thing by default?

Seriously though this is rather sad.
I actually agree with you this is sad.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:24 am

bmw wrote:
Stop taking the internet seriously, this isn't real life.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:29 am

We know for a fact he died from COVID.

We know for a fact nearly all epidemiologists thought a big gathering where social distancing was ignored was a terrible idea.

We know for a fact there was a surge in cases in Tulsa County shortly after the rally.

It is more likely than not Mr. Cain picked up the virus in Tulsa. I can only hope his irresponsible behavior won't lead to further COVID infections leading to death.

Sorry, but the sensitivity argument is total bullshit. Always has been. Should I wait to criticize a drunk driver who perishes out of "respect" ? What about a drug addict?

I thought conservatives believe in accepting responsibility for one's own actions? Cain's own actions likely contributed to his own death. That's what circumstantial evidence suggests. It's a shame, because better choices could've prevented such an outcome, in all likelihood. I liked the man's politics and loved it when he stood up to Ron Paul on the debate stage regarding the Federal Reserve.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:33 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:24 am
bmw wrote:
Stop taking the internet seriously, this isn't real life.
Agreed, It’s been said don’t believe everything that you read on the internet.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:35 am

2.6 million cases to date in Brazil where the anti-mask zealots have reigned supreme and where the government was very tardy on taking any sort of containment action.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic