Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MW

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
UP906

Re: MW

Post by UP906 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:36 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:30 am
Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule.

These two sentences are part of the intro to this area of the board. It sums it up nicely. I have been here for more years than I care to count, back when the board was using different software. Believe it or not, it is sort of tame compared to years gone by. The days of REVOX, Rage, Listenbuddy among others. Trolls are always a part of these types of discussion forums and you just have to ignore them. We had a member years ago that felt as you did and he started a board that was heavily moderated and attempted to be more civil. It is gone, this one remains. I have always thought of this area as a bunch of people sitting around having had one to many beers or whatever talking politics. It gets loud, angry and can get very personal. Maybe it isn't for you. There are many other political forums online. You may want to search around to find one that works better for you. Metalhead pays for all this and allows us to use it free of charge. I for one appreciate what he has given us and enjoy reading the different forums and dropping a comment here and there.
This.

I do my best to give reasoned and well written responses, but sometimes I just lose patience and will throw out a nasty barb. Some posters here have a much higher ratio of nasty to reasoned responses... and then they cry for moderation.

SMDH.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:37 am

zzand wrote:
Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule.

These two sentences are part of the intro to this area of the board. It sums it up nicely. I have been here for more years than I care to count, back when the board was using different software. Believe it or not, it is sort of tame compared to years gone by. The days of REVOX, Rage, Listenbuddy among others. Trolls are always a part of these types of discussion forums and you just have to ignore them. We had a member years ago that felt as you did and he started a board that was heavily moderated and attempted to be more civil. It is gone, this one remains. I have always thought of this area as a bunch of people sitting around having had one to many beers or whatever talking politics. It gets loud, angry and can get very personal. Maybe it isn't for you. There are many other political forums online. You may want to search around to find one that works better for you. Metalhead pays for all this and allows us to use it free of charge. I for one appreciate what he has given us and enjoy reading the different forums and dropping a comment here and there.
Agreed.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:04 am

Nickelback?

Well that's just going too far.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:28 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:06 am
UP906 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:04 am
Nickelback?

Well that's just going too far.
I debated reeling it back, but thought I had to tell the truth.

For someone like Honeyman who complains about everything, like an old, white, fat, bald, gay guy, the description fits.
With a box of Kleenex next to him so when he whines and cries he can use it to wipe his tears 😭.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:03 am

R Bedell wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:59 am
Lucky:
So let me get this right shit for brains Honey Boo Boo wants to censor the board because he don’t agree with what others say. Honey Boo Boo calls those that are not in agreement with him “trolls” Good one ☝️.
Simply amazing, isn't it.

Gotta love that Honey Boo Boo. The new spokesperson for the liberals.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:03 am

zzand wrote:

Those trolls were for the most part smarter and more interesting than the ones we have now.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:25 am

We don't have trolls, we have people with different opinions.

I know it's hard for some of you to understand, as you view yourselves as the peak of intelligence and find it unbelievable that anyone should disagree with your opinions, but there it is.

That's it, and that's all.

Thread Killer

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:35 am

This has been one better discussions from all of you who I am referring to as trolls. You're all making good points....nd you're right, I am whining.

THAT'S my issue. Can we just keep to discussion and not the insults and stupid memes over and over and over again? I get it we disagree, but please dont post a "liberals tears" meme on every fucking thread. State a point civilly without childish insults. Discuss issues. That's really all I was trying to state...but you guys are right, I came off like a petulant infant. Sorry about that.

The censorship king from out of state.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:37 am

A post so nice, he made it thrice.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:16 am

R Bedell wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:13 am
Simply amazes me that the Liberals can easily hand out names and insults, but when it comes back to them, they cry.
I'm sure that we'll have to revisit this topic at some point, but for the moment I think it's dead.

Let's see how long it lasts.

Thread Killer

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:11 pm

Honeyman,

I have to agree with you about where things are today. I have more people on Foe today than at anytime in the past 15 years. It's a mirror of the state of our country more than the state of moderation.

However, as ZZAND has stated, it is what it is. At one point, things were so bad, MW had to create two forums and separate users. It's not horrible now.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:15 pm

Would you happen to be running multiple user IDs?
UP906 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:16 am
R Bedell wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:13 am
Simply amazes me that the Liberals can easily hand out names and insults, but when it comes back to them, they cry.
I'm sure that we'll have to revisit this topic at some point, but for the moment I think it's dead.

Let's see how long it lasts.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:26 pm

There is only one of me. Get over it.

Thread Killer

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:34 pm

zzand wrote:

This is what a good post looks like folks...

(BTW - Those old names :eek )

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Yea its full of trolls and tards LARPing as conservatives but its off-topic so it really shouldn't be high-priority for mods. Also, having retard trolls posting adds a bit of "dont take this place serious" and I think people need that when it comes to political discussion. This place is pretty tame though.

Compare this site to these

https://8kun.top/pnd/index.html
https://kiwifarms.net/forums/happenings.94/

Look at the obvious trolls as comic relief. and yes you can even laugh at the ones who claim to be on "your side". its like an amusement park mirror. you know they are misrepresenting things to get a reaction just laugh at it. laugh at life and stop being miserable. if they bore you then just put them on ignore. frankly, this board is for radio and media talk. having a small but highly engaged sewing circle for political debate isnt a bad thing, just self-manage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic