Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republican Convention Cancelled

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Republican Convention Cancelled

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:53 pm

As Trump moves closer to Hitler, he has cancelled the Jacksonville Convention. Between this and admitting that masks are needed, he's looking like a loser to his minons.
President Donald Trump announced Thursday he is canceling the Jacksonville portion of the Republican National Convention that had been planned next month because of the coronavirus pandemic, a major setback in his effort to energize his struggling bid for reelection.
Why is he making this announcement? Doesn't the RNC have any leadership left? It sound like he is just telling people what to do.
Trump said convention delegates will still gather in North Carolina, where the official business of the convention was set to take place, and formally nominate him for reelection. Trump said he would announce additional plans in coming days.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 492998002/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 13307

Re: Republican Convention Cancelled

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:53 pm

As Trump moves closer to Hitler

Going for the lazy and offensive holocaust analogies now? It's astounding how anyone can purposely use the genocide of six million to make some kind of political point in 2020.

Whatever respect I had left for you is now completely gone with this post.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Going for the lazy and offensive holocaust analogies now? It's astounding how anyone can purposely use the genocide of six million to make some kind of political point in 2020.

There's a name for this... Reductio Ad Hitlerum... Also featured as part of Godwin's Law.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:53 pm

You're focused on the end result, not how he managed to get there. Sure it's a startling headline but...

Take a look at his actions: Creating a bigotry for immigrants, using the pandemic to isolate the country, weaponizing race, employing a secret police force to intimidate and detain peaceful protesters, now announcing how the Republicans will conduct business. There are more similarities than anyone cares to admit.

Learn your European history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_H ... e_to_power

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

kager

Post by kager » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:20 pm

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 pm

kager wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:20 pm
https://www.google.com/search?q=bigotry

Check the mirror.
Hate is hate, Trump wins. If I'm called a bigot because I hate a racist village idiot who incites riots to try to gain political points, so be it.

I guess I hate all active racists, but I sleep soundly at night. I'm not alone nor off base.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:45 pm

My European history is fine. I actually learned something from my studies that doesn't require the use of Wikipedia. My knowledge of American civics is also in good shape; apparently you need to go back to school for a refresher on both.

Each and every time you try to defend your hateful and hurtful statement in this thread you make yourself look like more of an ignorant bigoted fool.

Please carry on trying to discredit me for calling you out on your ignorant statement.

Oh, and you're right. I am completely fixated on the end result. Somehow the genocide of 6 million does get my attention. And that is something I can say unequivocally will never ever happen in the USA no matter how much we dislike any president or political party. A repeat of the holocaust will never happen in this country. No leader will ever have the power that Hitler had. And for you to insinuate otherwise spits on every single victim and survivor as you try to spin your way out the cesspool you dropped yourself in.

This is a land mine you will not dodge on my watch.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:45 pm
My European history is fine. I actually learned something from my studies that doesn't require the use of Wikipedia. My knowledge of American civics is also in good shape; apparently you need to go back to school for a refresher on both.

Each and every time you try to defend your hateful and hurtful statement in this thread you make yourself look like more of an ignorant bigoted fool.

Please carry on trying to discredit me for calling you out on your ignorant statement.

Oh, and you're right. I am completely fixated on the end result. Somehow the genocide of 6 million does get my attention. And that is something I can say unequivocally will never ever happen in the USA no matter how much we dislike any president or political party. A repeat of the holocaust will never happen in this country. No leader will ever have the power that Hitler had. And for you to insinuate otherwise spits on every single victim and survivor as you try to spin your way out the cesspool you dropped yourself in.

This is a land mine you will not dodge on my watch.
Theoretically it could happen... you’d have better odds of winning the lottery and being struck by lightning at the same time but it’s not exactly impossible either... I think you may be overstating it by saying never.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:52 pm
Theoretically it could happen... you’d have better odds of winning the lottery and being struck by lightning at the same time but it’s not exactly impossible either... I think you may be overstating it by saying never.
I'll stick with never.

We are too connected to each other now to not notice 6 million of us disappearing and not taking action.

Theoretically there could be a political uprising that upends our system of government, but even that wouldn't result in another holocaust.

It's scary how desensitized we have become to the horror and reality of what the holocaust actually was.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:00 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:52 pm
I'll stick with never.

We are too connected to each other now to not notice 6 million of us disappearing and not taking action.

Theoretically there could be a political uprising that upends our system of government, but even that wouldn't result in another holocaust.

It's scary how desensitized we have become to the horror and reality of what the holocaust actually was.
if it makes you feel better I could compare him to the Antichrist. We don't have as much as historical data to draw upon.

Again, Hitler was quite popular but did some horrible things that people were not aware was happening. You have some evil, outright White Supremacists in positions of power within this administration.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:19 am

If there should be any modern comparison made to Hitler it should be China:

Assistant Secretary of State Robert Destro and Sam Brownback, U.S. ambassador at large for international religious freedom, who attended the meeting via phone, especially expressed concerns about the continued practice of forced organ harvesting.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:18 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 pm
I guess I hate all active racists, but I sleep soundly at night. I'm not alone nor off base.
Unfortunately, you are right. You're not alone. There are way too many people so ideologically warped they are unable to use logic and reason.

The leading cause of death for black males ages one through 44 is homicide. In Chicago alone, there have been over 400 homicides so far this year, The vast majority of victims (365) are young black males between the ages of 14 and 40. Has Black Lives Matter cared to do anything about this horrific situation? Have any of the "usual suspects" who are quick to show up somewhere when there is perceived racial injustice taking place cared enough to go to Chicago and do something about it? Have years of Democratic control of that City and State, you know, the party that claims to 'care" about black people, when in reality they only care about the black vote, done anything about it? The answer is a resounding NO!

Now come our "racist', "bigoted", "clown" of a President Donald John Trump:
“This rampage of violence shocks the conscience of our nation and we will not stand by and watch it happen.”
Now comes AG Barr, the "racists" henchman,:
“The principal danger to the lives of our inner-city communities is violent crime,” Barr said Wednesday. “The leading cause of death for young Black males is homicide... Every one of those lives matter."
Why, those racist mutha fuckkers!

They actually care to try to do something to help a inner-city black community in crisis when no one else has done one damn thing and those that haven't cared to lift a finger to solve the problem that has been happening for years excoriate him.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:30 am

Amen Bryce!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:44 am

Dang Bryce... I heard that smack all the way up here.

Well stated.

Thread Killer

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:53 am

Poor white conservative victims being oppressed by inner city youth who have never had the love from AG Barr's storm troopers before now.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic