Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lightfoot mayor says we don't want your help as 14 shot a Funeral Home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Lightfoot mayor says we don't want your help as 14 shot a Funeral Home

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:59 am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicag ... neral-home

So Lightfoot has got it under control? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Re: Lightfoot mayor says we don't want your help as 14 shot a Funeral Home

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:35 am

ITT: Conservatives support jackbooted thuggery because they don't like the political party of a mayor.

SAD!

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:22 am

Yeah, why should anybody care to stop the violence right? Just let them kill each other... men, women and children.

Especially the children.

Why should anybody care?

Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:46 am

I'm not suggesting Lightfoot is at fault for this incident, but she is more interested in getting haircuts than doing anything about it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:46 am
I'm not suggesting Lightfoot is at fault for this incident, but she is more interested in getting haircuts than doing anything about it.
Another example of not ALL Black Lives Matter.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:18 am

Here is my off the cuff hyperbole on people in charge....
Conservatives are willing to confront liberal violence
Conservatives are way less willing to confront conservative violence
Liberals are willing to confront conservative violence
Liberals are afraid to confront liberal violence

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:17 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:18 am
I'd be interested in your definition of both liberal and conservative violence. To me, Anarchists are Anarchists, doesn't matter political affiliation or mindset.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:17 pm
craig11152 wrote:
I'd be interested in your definition of both liberal and conservative violence. To me, Anarchists are Anarchists, doesn't matter political affiliation or mindset.
Fair question and my answers aren't really concrete. I think a fair amount of liberal violence is closely connected to liberal beliefs. Cops are bad therefore we can loot and burn in the name of freedom.
What I called conservative violence isn't so much about conservative values but rather the people commiting that violence are likely to vote MAGA if they bother to vote. Chances are they don't vote but wear MAGA gear and fly Confederate flags.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:27 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:17 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fair question and my answers aren't really concrete. I think a fair amount of liberal violence is closely connected to liberal beliefs. Cops are bad therefore we can loot and burn in the name of freedom.
What I called conservative violence isn't so much about conservative values but rather the people commiting that violence are likely to vote MAGA if they bother to vote. Chances are they don't vote but wear MAGA gear and fly Confederate flags.
Fair answer. Thank you for doing so. Which group do you think causes the most mayhem and destruction? Is one, in your opinion, more organized than the other? IE planned vs. spur of the moment.

I think you know my answer to those questions. Interested in yours.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Maybe Larry Langford talked some sense into her:

SHE ACCEPTS:
https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/may ... o-chicago/

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:12 pm

Beetlejuice... beetlejuice... beetlejuice...

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:34 pm
Maybe Larry Langford talked some sense into her:

SHE ACCEPTS:
https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/may ... o-chicago/
AS LONG AS IT ISNT LIKE PORTLAND is the stipulation to their agreement. They will be working with Chicago police and the DA. That’s very different from showing up to dispense some pain like we saw in Portland.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 am

craig11152 wrote:
Conservatives ignore right-wing violence. When Incels were out shooting up shit the last few years because of far right propaganda, nothing was done. Hovels like 8chan that housed these weirdos shut down because of things like cloudflare pulling protection. I don't see much on the left-leaning side of the spectrum to compare to what happened in places like Poway, El Paso, Gilroy, Pittsburgh, and it wasn't in the US, but as an example of breadth, look what happened in Christchurch. But retarded kids shouting in officer's faces, breaking bottles and shouting while buildng a silly fort in the middle of the street for a few weeks is enough to bring about disappearing people?

I have to say, if I had to do the mental gymnastics it takes to have a speck of right-leaning sentiment, my brain could do an aerial cartwheel.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:51 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 am
craig11152 wrote:
Conservatives ignore right-wing violence. When Incels were out shooting up shit the last few years because of far right propaganda, nothing was done. Hovels like 8chan that housed these weirdos shut down because of things like cloudflare pulling protection because sensible people who don't mainline FOXNews made a lot of noise. I don't see much on the left-leaning side of the spectrum to compare to what happened in places like Poway, El Paso, Gilroy, Pittsburgh, and it wasn't in the US, but as an example of breadth, look what happened in Christchurch. But retarded kids shouting in officer's faces, breaking bottles and shouting while buildng a silly fort in the middle of the street for a few weeks is enough to bring about disappearing people?

I have to say, if I had to do the mental gymnastics it takes to have a speck of right-leaning sentiment, my brain could do an aerial cartwheel.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:35 am

Some sort of echo in here! LOL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic