Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Returning to school in the fall - PERFECTLY safe for children

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Returning to school in the fall - PERFECTLY safe for children

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 am

California's data is interesting. Just over 40,000 Covid cases reported in children age 17 and under. Want to guess how many deaths? ZERO. Literally not a single one!

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DC ... Group.aspx

Nationwide, that number is at 66 deaths out of 241,904 total cases for a mortality rate of 0.03%.

So why is returning to school this fall so dangerous for children? Put into perspective, approximately 7,000 children have died from various causes since Mid-March, making the Coronavirus deaths slightly under one percent of total deaths in that age group.

The hysteria surrounding school is fall to me is quite amazing and devoid of actual logic.

Deleted User 15342

Re: Returning to school in the fall - PERFECTLY safe for children

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:41 am

The liberal agenda is nothing but hysteria. Liberals have zero logic.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:46 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 am
California's data is interesting. Just over 40,000 Covid cases reported in children age 17 and under. Want to guess how many deaths? ZERO. Literally not a single one!

Nationwide, that number is at 66 deaths out of 241,904 total cases for a mortality rate of 0.03%.

So why is returning to school this fall so dangerous for children? Put into perspective, approximately 7,000 children have died from various causes since Mid-March, making the Coronavirus deaths slightly under one percent of total deaths in that age group.

The hysteria surrounding school is fall to me is quite amazing and devoid of actual logic.
Although children may not necessarily die the risk to teachers is greater. Unless you expect school to become self serve that’s a good reason to keep them closed. And for the thousandth time it’s not about the fucking deaths.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:02 am

Entering the teaching profession comes with risks. Germs, sometimes dangerous ones, goes with the territory. If teachers don't like it, they can go find another career. Just my opinion. I worked in a school for 4 years touching thousands of germ-infested keyboards and mice - I got sick like every 3 months, including the H1N1. I didn't complain about it. I didn't call for all laptops to be disposed of. I didn't call for school to close. I didn't blame the government. I knew the risk entering the profession and I dealt with it. And nobody came to my aid with any ideas for how to reduce MY risk of getting sick. Literally nobody cared.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:10 am

If it's not about the "fucking deaths", what is it?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:54 am

BMW, you are a bystander with little understanding of the topic and the complexities of leading a large organization through COVID. If it's safe, perhaps you could volunteer as a substitute teacher. Otherwise, thanks for your uninformed opinion.

In truth, almost everyone wants to return to school, but with ZERO leadership from this administration, no one has the confidence to address the large unanswered questions and the costs associated.

This lack of leadership will again underscore why Trump is unfit and will hit hardest in those suburbs where he needs votes.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:58 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 am

Kids have not been with other kids since March. The idea of putting them in full contact with other kids in the fall for the first since March combined with this Covid virus not really being under control and going in the opposite direction seems like a game of chance to me. I hope they go back but seems 50/50 to me right now. They can bring it home to parents and elderly people. That is cause for concern, teachers can get it but like you said they know what they signed up for so if they die so be it. I have no idea how they will socially distant for the fall, they'll wear masks, schools are facing budget cuts so how else will they meet budgets except for getting rid of teachers which means higher class sizes. Covid is spreading like wildfire on one MLB team right now. These are young guys, they can spread it to the coaches but you can always replace the coach right? I'm sure they know what they signed up for this year in professional baseball. I would say there is reason to be concerned. Hysteria? I don't know about that but concern yes.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:54 am
BMW, you are a bystander with little understanding of the topic and the complexities of leading a large organization through COVID. If it's safe, perhaps you could volunteer as a substitute teacher. Otherwise, thanks for your uninformed opinion.

In truth, almost everyone wants to return to school, but with ZERO leadership from this administration, no one has the confidence to address the large unanswered questions and the costs associated.

This lack of leadership will again underscore why Trump is unfit and will hit hardest in those suburbs where he needs votes.
By the way you]re topic- perfectly safe? You are completely uninformed. I'm sure you're a no masker. Good luck

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:03 pm

Melvindale/Northern Allen Park School district has sent letters out saying there will be no classroom teaching this fall.

https://www.melnapschools.com/wp-conten ... Letter.pdf

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:11 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:10 am
If it's not about the "fucking deaths", what is it?
The hospital system being overwhelmed. Currently the spike is doing a number on systems in the sun belt as it did in New York as well as here. That’s the big problem. The death rate isn’t the story. It’s how quickly ICU’s run out of capacity.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:15 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:58 am
Kids have not been with other kids since March.
I seriously doubt this statement to be true.
The idea of putting them in full contact with other kids in the fall for the first since March combined with this Covid virus not really being under control and going in the opposite direction seems like a game of chance to me.
Again, the mortality rate for children is next to zilch. My thread topic was accurate - school is perfectly safe for children. We can have a debate over how safe it is for everybody else, but for children, the risk is negligible. And that's the numbers speaking; not me.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:54 am
The only reason it is "complex" is because of public opinion on the issue, and the public is hysterical because the media and leftist politicians have been beating the Coronavirus-will-kill-you drum since mid-March. It has nothing to do with republican leadership, but rather the left and the media weaponizing it as a political issue.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:44 pm

You don't know any teachers do you?

You think the media weaponized COVID? That line isn't working very well anymore.

150,000 dead people in 4 months with no vaccine or understanding of the various strains has an impact on rational adults.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:44 pm
You don't know any teachers do you?

You think the media weaponized COVID? That line isn't working very well anymore.

150,000 dead people in 4 months with no vaccine or understanding of the various strains has an impact on rational adults.

That sums it up

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:15 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:58 am
Kids have not been with other kids since March.
I seriously doubt this statement to be true.

Let me clarify the statement. Kids have not been with other kids since March in that kind of setting, on that level. Perhaps a few that went to summer school in Detroit......kids that played on organized travel baseball teams, organized travel soccer. Maybe there was some kind of Sunday school going on........who knows. Not in the school setting

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic