Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm ready to predict the outcome of the 2020 election.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: I'm ready to predict the outcome of the 2020 election.

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:25 pm
To your credit, I almost said "other than Kamala". I think you picked the wrong Rice for VP. If Biden did something ballsy and picked Condi, he'd win in Reagan fashion.
I pretty much agree, but I don't think she is a realistic choice. I don't think she would entertain taking the job first of all. And I am guessing the Biden camp would not consider her.

It would be a very strong ticket though.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:31 pm
I'll throw an out of the box suggestion that will NEVER happen: Justin Amash.
Biden painted himself into a corner months ago announcing it will be a woman. Going back on that now would be devastating.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:36 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:31 pm
I'll throw an out of the box suggestion that will NEVER happen: Justin Amash.
Biden painted himself into a corner months ago announcing it will be a woman. Going back on that now would be devastating.
Biden doesn’t remember saying it would be a woman. The liberal media would just sweep it under a rug anyway.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:39 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:28 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:57 pm
I think is absurd to try and predict a national election 3 1/2 months before it takes place. Biden hasn't even named his running mate. And I would venture to say things are a little more volatile this election year than in the past.
Excellent point about the VP selection. McCain was running pretty good until Palin came onboard. It can cut both ways. We're some health issue from either principal candidate that makes the VP slot a legit factor.
Serious question: who would be an objectively bad VP pick from your POV?
You didn't ask me, but I'l chime in anyway.

I think Kamala Harris would be awful. I have hated her for years as a Californian watching her move up the ladder. Shes a phony.

Elizabeth Warren would be another terrible choice. Waaaay to left.

Biden needs to pick someone who can be tolerated by right leaning independents. Tammy Duckworth or Susan Rice would be my choices.
Actually those aren't horrible selections. I agree about Warren. I have to admit I have something of a crush on Harris, particularly after she left noted racist and early Trump butt-boy Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III dazed, bewildered, speechless and no longer in possession of his testicles after his appearance before the Senate Intelligence Committee back on June 13th, 2017. I honestly believe she could make Vladimir Putin squirt a tiny little droplet of liquefied shit into his silk shorts if she was so inclined to unleash on him. Tough cookie, but way too much of a force of nature for most Americans to handle.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 pm

I agree that he painted himself into a corner with his previous statement, but he's a politician, and he can change his mind. The anti-Trump people are going to vote for Biden no matter what, and the pro-Trump people are going to vote for Trump no matter what. You really have to make a call based on those in neither camp. I believe that portion that isn't committed to one side leans Republican. It's why the polls look like they look now. If Biden picks a strategic choice to appeal to that group, he can win, but if he picks Warren or Abrams, I think he loses. I'd be shocked if Biden wins AND makes it through a term.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 pm
I agree that he painted himself into a corner with his previous statement, but he's a politician, and he can change his mind. The anti-Trump people are going to vote for Biden no matter what, and the pro-Trump people are going to vote for Trump no matter what. You really have to make a call based on those in neither camp. I believe that portion that isn't committed to one side leans Republican. It's why the polls look like they look now. If Biden picks a strategic choice to appeal to that group, he can win, but if he picks Warren or Abrams, I think he loses. I'd be shocked if Biden wins AND makes it through a term.
He can't go back on THAT promise. It really his first major statement and some undecided Indys along with many females would not forgive him.

We agree that he has to make a choice that wont lose the election for him. Warren very well might, Abrams could...though I like her personally.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:23 pm

Do you think those individuals are likely to vote for Trump instead? I'm thinking no. At worst, they don't vote, yet Biden is still able to peal away enough R-leans to pull himself over the finish line.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:23 pm
Do you think those individuals are likely to vote for Trump instead? I'm thinking no. At worst, they don't vote, yet Biden is still able to peal away enough R-leans to pull himself over the finish line.
I refuse to even hazard a guess now. Thats why I think this thread is so misguided. Anything can change so quickly. Unfotunately, 1/4 million Americans will be dead by election day from this virus. What if this really blows up? The idiot Trump has shown no real compassion for the people stricken and I assume he will continue to be unfeeling and will make even more idiotic statements.

On the other hand, Biden IS a loose cannon despite what the Dems are trying to portray. He could start babbling incoherently the first 10 minutes of the initial debate.

Either way, the country is seriously fucked, in my mind. This roller coaster has only gone thru one loop-de-loop. We got a long ride ahead of us.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:44 pm

We have two mentally unstable mid-70s candidates. Expect the unexpected...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:44 pm
We have two mentally unstable mid-70s candidates. Expect the unexpected...
Bang.

An MSU guy and a UM dude CAN actually agree 100%.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 pm
Interesting prediction. Can you lay out your state by state analysis?
49/50 from 2016 remain the same. Florida flips to (D).

I think that the stock market and economy will be in full-blown recovery mode right around election time for one reason - a VACCINE. And that I think favors Trump big-time.
How will that affect the Senate? (I'm assuming, and it's a big assumption, that R's are too far behind to take the House - and this result is CERTAINLY not going to have big coattails )
The House is a lost cause for Republicans. I think Dems gain 5 seats.

Senate? I see a 50-50 tie, making the Presidency super important.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:19 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 pm
Interesting prediction. Can you lay out your state by state analysis?
49/50 from 2016 remain the same. Florida flips to (D).

I think that the stock market and economy will be in full-blown recovery mode right around election time for one reason - a VACCINE. And that I think favors Trump big-time.
How will that affect the Senate? (I'm assuming, and it's a big assumption, that R's are too far behind to take the House - and this result is CERTAINLY not going to have big coattails )
The House is a lost cause for Republicans. I think Dems gain 5 seats.

Senate? I see a 50-50 tie, making the Presidency super important.
This is so beyond doubtful it’s not even funny.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 am

Keep clinging to your polls, RT.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:46 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 am
And so I will. Being within the margin of error on 49 out of 50 is pretty good. It is a basic fact of the universe like the earth is round and revolves around the sun that If Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania go for Biden (which seems likely) there is no way for Trump to win.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:50 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:46 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 am
And so I will. Being within the margin of error on 49 out of 50 is pretty good...
If simply being within the margin of error on 49/50 is pretty good, then how would you classify being CORRECT on 48/50? That was my record in 2016. Can you point to any other source or prediction-maker that correctly called 48 out of 50 states or better?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic