Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Yup. China Developed COVID-19 In A Lab-Gordon Chang

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
F-Squared

Re: Yup. China Developed COVID-19 In A Lab-Gordon Chang

Post by F-Squared » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
F-Squared wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:34 pm
Is there any reason why we want to speculate and play the blame game instead of just solving the damn problem?
With all due respect, that ship sailed back in March. There was never any will to do anything more than what was politically expedient. Everything else is irrelevant and immaterial.
So working on a vaccine is irrelevant and immaterial as a result?

Edit: Never mind, misread your comment. Yep, the president has done nothing good so far about the pandemic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:10 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:33 pm
The stupid a$$es call it "novel" like it was a toy. Nope. It's a Chinese virus because it was developed in China. I guess it's a novel "toy" for the New World Order to destroy the United States and the world economy.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/gordon-ch ... p-credible
A novel is a book. It's clear that you've never read one.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:10 pm
[

A novel is a book. It's clear that you've never read one.

Or written one.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:42 am

You people don't even have a command of the English language and its nuances.

Words mean things. Words mean different things. Novel is a contrived use when applied to a virus. It's meant to conceal it's source. I took Literary Analysis as a distribution requirement, and I got an A. The professor loved me, because I wasn't a traditional English student of Literary Analysis. I came from a Math Science perspective. He said my kind of people were much better than English Majors in Literary Analysis. He said Literary Analysis was often the downfall of English Majors, kind of like Organic Chemistry is in Preprofessional programs. It's an English Major "Weeder Course". So I understand your difficulty with the English Language. You probably wouldn't pass.

If you could read the Dictionary, you would see the definition really doesn't fit a virus. It's contrived to obfuscate. They even seem to be skeptical about its new use.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/novel

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:13 am

In a non political sense there are people who have one job right now, find out where the virus came from. I guess it will help in developing treatments and maybe a cure. In a political sense , they always want to be able to point a finger and say" You did this". Doesn't matter what party, they both do it. Everyone saying the orange man botched this, and I am too busy moving forward to pay that close attention, I don't think anyone in charge would have done anything better. Maybe different things done but the results would be pretty much the same. No treatment or cure yet, not the president's job. It would be wide spread, people would be arguing over masks, shut downs, and regulations, stimulus and all that....so I don't thin the person in the oval office would have made much of a difference. We would still be in the middle of a shit storm. And before anyone says this person or that person could have stopped the numbers from going back up...they would have done no better because people are people and are only going to be locked down for so long before they say fuck it I have a life to get on with and the mask debate would still be going on.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:41 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:13 am
In a non political sense there are people who have one job right now, find out where the virus came from. I guess it will help in developing treatments and maybe a cure. In a political sense , they always want to be able to point a finger and say" You did this". Doesn't matter what party, they both do it. Everyone saying the orange man botched this, and I am too busy moving forward to pay that close attention, I don't think anyone in charge would have done anything better. Maybe different things done but the results would be pretty much the same. No treatment or cure yet, not the president's job. It would be wide spread, people would be arguing over masks, shut downs, and regulations, stimulus and all that....so I don't thin the person in the oval office would have made much of a difference. We would still be in the middle of a shit storm. And before anyone says this person or that person could have stopped the numbers from going back up...they would have done no better because people are people and are only going to be locked down for so long before they say fuck it I have a life to get on with and the mask debate would still be going on.
A lot of good PR which anybody else has goes a long way to twisting arms. The orange one has brought open defiance of even the most basic things into the open and made it cool. That’s why this is such a cluster compared to places where they simply got the lockdowns over with and were able to start to move on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic