Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

H*** Covid surge in Tulsa

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: H*** Covid surge in Tulsa

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:45 pm

In the immediate aftermath of his rally, I don't recall reading one news article or one post in here saying that the rally shouldn't have happened. Sure, that was the talk leading up to it, but once his turnout was way down because of Tik Tok users, THAT became the new narrative for 2 whole days - that nobody showed up.
So, because within 24 hours after the rally, no one here mentioned that it shouldn't have happened (even though such posts were made by certain individuals before the rally), you are going to assume, bmw, that everyone here in hindsight thought it was a good idea to do the rally ?

Sorry, but that logic is absolutely ridiculous.

Tulsa County's population is about the same as Kent County, MI. To have so many new cases in such a short period of time is alarming. Yes, I do think the Trump rally, the counter rallies by protesters, and all the MORONS who refused to social distance and wear masks are largely responsible.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:45 pm
In the immediate aftermath of his rally, I don't recall reading one news article or one post in here saying that the rally shouldn't have happened. Sure, that was the talk leading up to it, but once his turnout was way down because of Tik Tok users, THAT became the new narrative for 2 whole days - that nobody showed up.
So, because within 24 hours after the rally, no one here mentioned that it shouldn't have happened (even though such posts were made by certain individuals before the rally), you are going to assume, bmw, that everyone here in hindsight thought it was a good idea to do the rally ?

Tulsa County's population is about the same as Kent County, MI. To have so many new cases in such a short period of time is alarming. Yes, I do think the Trump rally, the counter rallies by protesters, and all the MORONS who refused to social distance and wear masks are largely responsible.
Were there BLM protests at the same time? Oh wait, there were ZERO cases of spread from those rallies.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Did you overlook my last sentence? The BLM protests fall into the category of "counter rallies by protesters."

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 pm
Did you overlook my last sentence? The BLM protests fall into the category of "counter rallies by protesters."
My thing is that the media hasn't fairly attributed spread to that bullshit. Remember when our failed governor said that protesters against her were bad and were going to spread covid then later was in arm's reach of unmasked protesters?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:42 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 pm
My thing is that the media hasn't fairly attributed spread to that bullshit.
That haven't AT ALL attributed spread to protesters. I haven't seen a single mainstream media outlet once suggest that some spread may have happened during the protests. But as soon as Trump wanted to have a rally, magically the Coronavirus came back and was spreading again.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:45 pm

That's not what I said or implied. What I suggested was that the only reason people were up in arms over Trump holding a rally had nothing to do with Coronavirus spread and everything to do with simply hating Trump. It was blatant hypocrisy for the media and the left to not only give protesters a free pass, but to ENCOURAGE them. Coronavirus coverage literally disappeared from the news for 2 weeks....it was virtually non-existent in the aftermath of George Floyd. And then AS SOON AS Trump announced he was holding a rally, suddenly the Coronavirus was back. And I didn't say that in hindsight people thought it was a good idea for Trump to have a rally - I have no idea where you're getting that from what I said. All I was suggesting was that the low turnout seemed like the jucier story, so people ran with that one instead (and obviously low turnout directly conflicts with high turnout-driven virus spread).

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:03 pm

And I will say this too - if the spike in cases did come from the rally - the attendees were adults. They were capable of making educated adult decisions. Those decisions come with consequences. That is part of living in a free country.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:03 pm
And I will say this too - if the spike in cases did come from the rally - the attendees were adults. They were capable of making educated adult decisions. Those decisions come with consequences. That is part of living in a free country.
But most of them were not making educated adult decisions. They went even though the educated adult decision is not to go. They listened to Trump’s line of thinking that it’s no big deal. Many of them think it’s just the flu. We can’t stop people from being stupid and I understand that. But let’s agree that if the folks at the rally spread it then that’s not adult behavior to sit there and ignore 500 red flashing warning lights. It’s what children do when learning not to touch a hot stove.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Its worth noting that the initial outrage was about Trump's rally being scheduled for Juneteenth, a celebration that 85% of the country just found out about this year. When he agreed to move it, then the focus switched to covid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 pm
Its worth noting that the initial outrage was about Trump's rally being scheduled for Juneteenth, a celebration that 85% of the country just found out about this year. When he agreed to move it, then the focus switched to covid.
It was simultaneous. And I also remember the protests and talk of it spreading the virus around while the whole movement was new and exciting. The idea that nobody mentioned it is a little silly.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:44 pm

Amazing. No matter what he does, they can't admit he did wrong. Its always Obama did this or CNNs out to get him or what about BLM or......

Hes the President of the United States. He is supposed to make decisions for the good of the country. It is indefensible that this rally was anything but a stroke to his own ego. But the same group of stooges will never admit that. They simply can't.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:44 pm
Amazing. No matter what he does, they can't admit he did wrong. Its always Obama did this or CNNs out to get him or what about BLM or......

Hes the President of the United States. He is supposed to make decisions for the good of the country. It is indefensible that this rally was anything but a stroke to his own ego. But the same group of stooges will never admit that. They simply can't.
And we have a winner.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:25 am

Do they have ACCURATE AND HONEST numbers as to how many cases were caused by the RIOTS in several cities?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:41 am

That haven't AT ALL attributed spread to protesters. I haven't seen a single mainstream media outlet once suggest that some spread may have happened during the protests. But as soon as Trump wanted to have a rally, magically the Coronavirus came back and was spreading again.
Actually, I've seen plenty of coverage in the news since the numbers began spiking about BLM protesters and other large groups contributing to the spike.

I will agree, though, that during the first week or so of the protests, the media did a very poor job of mentioning the threat of COVID-19 spread.
You mean consequences such as hospitals in the Tulsa area possibly being overwhelmed and needing to be bailed out with our tax dollars, swaths of commercial activity needing to be curtailed/closed, and household members getting infected? Great.

People need to stop being self-centered, defiant assholes and do their part to reduce the spread of COVID.

And, yes, Whitmer definitely seems to have a double-standard. No surprise there.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:37 am

"Reduce the spread of COVID" until when? What is the end game? What if we don't ever develop an effective vaccine? What if we don't ever develop an effective treatment? Then what? Are we just supposed to live in a paralyzed state of fear for the rest of our lives?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic