Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why isn't the left pro-choice on masks?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
G G

Why isn't the left pro-choice on masks?

Post by G G » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:14 pm

Over the years I have heard the slogan "my body; my choice" to describe why the senseless murder of a baby should be legalized.

Well, how about having to wear a mask because of a disease where, odds are, you won't even know you get it?

I worked in sales for many years and let me tell you this. Body language is important. If I was still working, I would never wear a mask to a meeting with a potential client. I want the client to know I take good care of myself. That my breath is fresh. That I am a clean-shaven man. The client should see me as more well put together than them and therefore, they can trust me to handle their business. This governor's strongarm tactics to force us to wear a mask because she isn't as handsome as any of us is bad news.

I wear my mask because I want to, but I do believe that it would be responsible civil disobedience to not wear one in public if you do not want to. But the left doesn't want me to have that choice. I know why, I just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on the issue.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Turkeytop

Re: Why isn't the left pro-choice on masks?

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:25 pm

G G wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:14 pm

Well, how about having to wear a mask because of a disease where, odds are, you won't even know you get it?

That's exactly why you should wear a mask. You could be spreading the virus and not even know it.

It isn't a left - right issue. It's a common sense, public health issue.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:25 pm
G G wrote:

That's exactly why you should wear a mask. You could be spreading the virus and not even know it.

I agree. It shouldn't be left-right issue, but the left has made it one. And if the disease is so benign that I won't know if I have it or not, then I shouldn't be in a position where I get strongarmed into wearing a mask. And if common sense leads you to wear a mask, then do it. If fear leads you to wear a mask, then do it. But I should not be forced against my will to wear one. Its clear government overreach.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:43 pm

G G wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:

I agree. It shouldn't be left-right issue, but the left has made it one. And if the disease is so benign that I won't know if I have it or not, then I shouldn't be in a position where I get strongarmed into wearing a mask. And if common sense leads you to wear a mask, then do it. If fear leads you to wear a mask, then do it. But I should not be forced against my will to wear one. Its clear government overreach.
Listen to yourself for a moment... you’re the one making it political. Everybody else is arguing for it the way TT is...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 pm

G G wrote:

The old granny you spread it to will know she has it, unless she dies.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:43 pm
G G wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:

Listen to yourself for a moment... you’re the one making it political. Everybody else is arguing for it the way TT is...
I'm not the one who made it political by making it an issue where the government should mandate wearing one. To say "i do not want to wear the mask" is a matter of free will. To say someone else must, is government strongarming. The government takes rights away. In this case, they take the right to not wear a mask in public away. They made it political.

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 pm
G G wrote:

The old granny you spread it to will know she has it, unless she dies.

Which is one of the reasons I choose to wear one. Choice. Liberty should not be encumbered because of a theoretical threat. This quote might help you understand a little bit better.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:21 pm

You’re essentially making a “it’s all about meeee!” Argument here. Nobody is trying to take your rights away. They are trying to get you to show some pride in your country and your fellow citizens by wearing a mask and helping to slow the spread of the virus and get it contained. Instead countries like Rawanda get to travel to the EU and we remain banned. Guess what some of these countries did to get the travel ban against them lifted?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:06 am

GG, it's great that you're conscientious, but a lot of people aren't. That's why we need rules to stop people from smoking wherever they want to, or from driving at high speeds in our neighbourhoods, or from having unprotected sex with unknowing strangers when they're HIV positive.

It's all about protecting the public from irresponsible people.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 am

I'm not the one who made it political by making it an issue where the government should mandate wearing one. To say "i do not want to wear the mask" is a matter of free will. To say someone else must, is government strongarming. The government takes rights away. In this case, they take the right to not wear a mask in public away. They made it political.
That's some USDA Prime baby shit right there. "free will", "government strong-arming". Fuck man, my guess is the choice to wear a mask or not is the only matter of choice that presents itself in your life. Pretty sad when rather than owning up to the fact that you have a shitty existence, you'd rather put people at risk than give up the one fucking thing you have any control over. A piece of cloth on your face. That's God-damn pathetic.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:32 am

The irony the governor kept saying she was saving lives, while keeping elective abortion as an essential service.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:18 am

Anybody who believes that the left's LITERAL OBSESSION over mask-wearing and shaming those who don't is about "saving lives" is an idiot. Politicians and the media have a very different agenda here, and individual people who believe it is going to magically slow down the spread are simply ignorant. There's unfortunately a complete lack of scientific discussion over:

-How effective masks really are at slowing the spread, and
-The long-term consequences (both physical health and psychological health) of wearing one every day

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:26 am

Agreed. Those "N7" masks are better than nothing, but there is lot better available. I have a P100 mask homemade.

If ya'll recall, was the one of the first to say on here that the psychological health during lockdown might cause an uptick in other types of deaths.

I would include some of the recent events as part of that.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:48 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:18 am
Anybody who believes that the left's LITERAL OBSESSION over mask-wearing and shaming those who don't is about "saving lives" is an idiot. Politicians and the media have a very different agenda here, and individual people who believe it is going to magically slow down the spread are simply ignorant. There's unfortunately a complete lack of scientific discussion over:

-How effective masks really are at slowing the spread, and
-The long-term consequences (both physical health and psychological health) of wearing one every day
And what exactly is that magical agenda?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:54 am

Maximum disruption of the economy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:57 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:54 am
Maximum disruption of the economy.
Given that other countries had more discipline, did the same things we did and are opening up now without this sort of resurgence I don’t think that’s the case. One side is much more invested in trying to protect its citizens than the other. That the Republican Party is the only party On the planet thinking The way it does on this and so many other issues should be instructive as regards the validity of its positions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic