Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bye Bye Parler!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Bye Bye Parler!

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Parler will become immediately unusable if Apple removes it from their platform.
Apple has given Parler, the social network favored by conservatives and extremists, an ultimatum to implement a full moderation plan of its platform within the next 24 hours or face expulsion from the App store.

In an email sent this morning and obtained by BuzzFeed News, Apple wrote to Parler’s executives that there had been complaints that the service had been used to plan and coordinate the storming of the US Capitol by President Donald Trump’s supporters on Wednesday. The insurrection left five people dead, including a police officer.

"We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led (among other things) to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property,” Apple wrote to Parler. “The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities.”
https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/par ... 856872.php

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: Bye Bye Parler!

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:35 pm

Parler is now off Google
In order to protect user safety on Google Play, our longstanding policies require that apps displaying user-generated content have moderation policies and enforcement that removes egregious content like posts that incite violence. All developers agree to these terms and we have reminded Parler of this clear policy in recent months.

We’re aware of continued posting in the Parler app that seeks to incite ongoing violence in the U.S. We recognize that there can be reasonable debate about content policies and that it can be difficult for apps to immediately remove all violative content, but for us to distribute an app through Google Play, we do require that apps implement robust moderation for egregious content. In light of this ongoing and urgent public safety threat, we are suspending the app’s listings from the Play Store until it addresses these issues.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 pm

Democrats: WE NEED TO UNIFY THE COUNTRY!

Also Democrats: (This means Republicans need to shut the hell up)

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 pm

You're the last motherfucker I need a lecture from about the virtues of getting along with others...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:12 pm

Trump's .win site is being removed from Amazon servers.

It's going to be tough times for domestic terrorists. and it's not Republicans, because they are abandoning Trump too. The Republican party has decided it's time for the Trump deplorables the crawl back under their rocks.

It's amazing what happens when patriotic Americans no longer have to serve an insane narcissist racist. They start getting back to doing their job and in this case it's knocking down these clowns planning to attack America. They aren't Patriots they're just spoiled white angry men and their time in the limelight is over.

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:40 pm

Attempting a coup is not acceptable. Anyone who supports that and advocates for reversal of the election is a traitor to our country.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 am

Speaking of which, it's a glorious day for humanity seeing Trump Donald's Twitter account deleted. Now, if only Honda would re-introduce The Prelude and a Del Taco restaurant would open near me, life would be but a dream.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:39 am

Pinhead wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 am
Speaking of which, it's a glorious day for humanity seeing Trump Donald's Twitter account deleted. Now, if only Honda would re-introduce The Prelude and a Del Taco restaurant would open near me, life would be but a dream.
I would say move to Worn because we have 2 Del Tacos here, but we also have tons of shootings and a Trump like mayor here. Not a good trade off.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:46 am

I cannot comment on your location, obviously but that situation sounds trying.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:15 am

MrReason wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:11 pm
Silencing/censoring anyone is wrong.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

George R.R. Martin
The only one stopping peaceful demonstrations was Trump when he called out the federal officers against BLM protesters.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:17 am

Pinhead wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 am
Really?

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:20 am

It's just a thought, I always wanted one back in my younger days, an Audi A4 would probably be more age appropriate for me now. :blink

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:48 am

Pinhead wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:20 am
It's just a thought, I always wanted one back in my younger days, an Audi A4 would probably be more age appropriate for me now. :blink
I just moved from an A4 to an A5 cabriolet for next season...

The R8 is what you should get...

Or you could go "Trump Supporter". Bryce says he drives one of these...

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:57 am

Oh yes.. I like that A-5! Interesting. Oh my... I'd need a tetanus shot before I even touched that old bucket.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:23 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 pm

It means that at some point “freedom to say anything” doesn’t work and causes more harm than good.

For the thousandth time. These are private companies. What they choose to allow on their platforms or in their app stores is their business. To suggest otherwise is rather Orwellian.

Ford will not build a car from the factory with a swastika or a communist sickle or a penis on the trunk instead of a spoiler. That isn’t a violation of your right to free speech. It’s their right as a company to make business decisions as they see fit.

Free speech is between you and the government. It is not some blanket rule that you can say whatever you want, whenever you want and nobody can stop you.

The conservative opinion on freedom is basically boiled down to this: “If they don’t let us do whatever we want then they must be leftist assholes trying to silence us”. Therefore the adherents of this radical “movement” see leftists around every corner and behind every bush.

The Republican Party is like some sun going supernova and it’s adherents have begun to rhetorically and figuratively eat each other.

I would like to see two functioning political parties again. For now we have to settle for 1 functional party and a cult following a leader that just had his wings clipped and will be thrown out of office next week.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic