Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm mask-less and proud

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: I'm mask-less and proud

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:54 pm
The masks even say they don’t prevent the spread of COVID-19, but you all wear them regardless.

I have a couple of masks. I haven't seen that message on them.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:11 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:54 pm
The masks even say they don’t prevent the spread of COVID-19, but you all wear them regardless.
Of course not, masks have to fitted and use cartridges in order to be guaranteed to work..

I have one that is fitted.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 pm

Trump supporter 'threatens' restaurant staff with gun after being asked to put on a mask

A man wearing a Donald Trump 'Make America Great Again' cap reportedly threatened staff at a restaurant in Kansas with a gun after he was asked to wear a mask.

The unidentified man entered RJ's Bob-Be-Que Shack in Mission, Kansas earlier this month but was not wearing a face covering which is now a mandatory requirement in the state after Democratic governor Laura Kelly signed an executive order on 29 June.

When the man was asked if he would kindly put on a mask by 17-year-old employee Arlo Kinsey, he told the teenager that he had been granted an exemption by the governor and then proceeded to lift up his shirt to show that he was carrying a gun. Kinsey said he saw this as a threat and feared that the man was going to shoot him.
After Kinsey had told the owner of the establishment, Bob Palmgren, what had happened Palmgren went out to the front of the restaurant to confront the man and ended up in an argument with him. Palmgren, who is also a Trump supporter, told the local paper:

Everybody's got problems. But it doesn't make a difference. You don't have a mask on.... Your gun's not going to kill coronavirus, now get the hell out of here.

He added:

“I get people in here that don't want to [wear a mask] and think that we're a small place so we won't enforce it or something. But if everybody gets sick, then I'm out of business. So I've got to enforce these rules.”

The man reportedly left the restaurant before he could be identified and it was unclear if CCTV was able to capture his likeliness in time.

The Kansas City Star states that rumours had begun to circulate on social media amongst gun groups that anyone firearm laws prevented anyone carrying a gun from wearing a mask in the state but no such law exists anywhere in the United States.

Mission, which is in Johnson County has the highest number of Covid-19 related deaths in Kansas and as of 13 July, was just 10 cases away from having the highest numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases in the entire state, with 3,160.
https://www.indy100.com/article/coronav ... ap-9617696

Mission Kansas is 937 miles from Niceville.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:14 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 pm
Trump supporter 'threatens' restaurant staff with gun after being asked to put on a mask

A man wearing a Donald Trump 'Make America Great Again' cap reportedly threatened staff at a restaurant in Kansas with a gun after he was asked to wear a mask.

The unidentified man entered RJ's Bob-Be-Que Shack in Mission, Kansas earlier this month but was not wearing a face covering which is now a mandatory requirement in the state after Democratic governor Laura Kelly signed an executive order on 29 June.

When the man was asked if he would kindly put on a mask by 17-year-old employee Arlo Kinsey, he told the teenager that he had been granted an exemption by the governor and then proceeded to lift up his shirt to show that he was carrying a gun. Kinsey said he saw this as a threat and feared that the man was going to shoot him.
After Kinsey had told the owner of the establishment, Bob Palmgren, what had happened Palmgren went out to the front of the restaurant to confront the man and ended up in an argument with him. Palmgren, who is also a Trump supporter, told the local paper:

Everybody's got problems. But it doesn't make a difference. You don't have a mask on.... Your gun's not going to kill coronavirus, now get the hell out of here.

He added:

“I get people in here that don't want to [wear a mask] and think that we're a small place so we won't enforce it or something. But if everybody gets sick, then I'm out of business. So I've got to enforce these rules.”

The man reportedly left the restaurant before he could be identified and it was unclear if CCTV was able to capture his likeliness in time.

The Kansas City Star states that rumours had begun to circulate on social media amongst gun groups that anyone firearm laws prevented anyone carrying a gun from wearing a mask in the state but no such law exists anywhere in the United States.

Mission, which is in Johnson County has the highest number of Covid-19 related deaths in Kansas and as of 13 July, was just 10 cases away from having the highest numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases in the entire state, with 3,160.
https://www.indy100.com/article/coronav ... ap-9617696

Mission Kansas is 937 miles from Niceville.

Wearing a mask is a patriotic move to protect your fellow countrymen. Another missed opportunity on the part of the current folks in charge. It makes me wonder if the goal isn’t to lose the general election and claim fraud just to make the reality show drag on. The easy and obvious opportunities to rally people together were openly and blatantly skipped. Either that’s the worst management this side of Greece’s finances or its intentional.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:55 am

Wearing a mask at a sit-down restaurant is useless.

Lifting the shirt is not a crime for men.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:00 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:55 am

Why do you feel compelled to defend every outrage? Admit it. The guy's a jerk. :blink

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:15 pm

audiophile wrote:

You wear it walking past everybody on your way to and from the table... you know the time you are spraying stuff all over everybody else... this isn’t rocket science dude.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:15 pm
audiophile wrote:

You wear it walking past everybody on your way to and from the table... you know the time you are spraying stuff all over everybody else... this isn’t rocket science dude.
It's especially surprising coming from audiophile because, unlike the trolls here, he has a brain.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Only to take it off once you sit down? It won't work, because the mask doesn't do squat for incoming particles. Walk by someone that's eating - you just exposed yourself.

You didn't read this story?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/ ... ig-llr.cnn

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:00 pm
audiophile wrote:

Why do you feel compelled to defend every outrage? Admit it. The guy's a jerk. :blink
Ok, the guy is a jerk.

I'm objective, I won't go to a sit-down restaurant.

Lifting a shirt, without making a threat, means nothing legally.

If you do go - the mask isn't making any real difference.

No need to make a fuss from either side, just be cool.
Last edited by audiophile on Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:15 pm
audiophile wrote:

It's especially surprising coming from audiophile because, unlike the trolls here, he has a brain.
Verification needed.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:13 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:51 pm

If you do go - the mask isn't making any real difference.

No need to make a fuss from either side, just be cool.
Except, the story said that wearing a mask in a restaurant is mandatory in that State. People can't just decide which laws they intend to comply with.
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Verification needed.
He has blood ties to people in high places.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Anti-maskers hold ‘flash mob’ inside Florida Target

A group of anti-masks protesters continued in their quest of contracting coronavirus Tuesday after holding a “flash mob” inside a Target in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

In the video, which has popped up on a number of social media platforms, shows a group of relatively young-looking people marching down the aisles of the store sans masks blaring Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It" and shouting similar sentiments as the song.

One of the participants, Cristina Gomez, livestreamed the event. In her video, she and others can be heard chanting “take your mask off” and other pearls of wisdom.

“If an infant doesn’t wear a mask, then no one should wear a mask,” Gomez says in her livestream. “People looking at us like, ‘What’s going on?’ Isn’t it crazy how people now look at me like we crazy because we don’t have a mask on? I think y’all crazy for having a mask.”

This isn’t the first time Gomez has made a public spectacle while decrying masks.

Gomez previously shared her views on masks during a Palm Beach County commissioners meeting in June.

“You literally cannot mandate somebody to wear a mask knowing that mask is killing people,” she said. “Every single one of you that are obeying the devil’s laws are going to be arrested and you, doctor, are going to be arrested for crimes against humanity.”

Gomez, who is a QAnon proponent according to her Facebook activity, also accused the commissioners of pedophilia during her rant which was widely mocked on late night television.

Another participant, Nathan Babcock, told HuffPost he would join similar events in the future because he has the right to not wear a mask.

“Florida recommends but does not require face coverings for the general public,” according to the AARP. However, several counties, including Broward, where Fort Lauderdale is located, “require residents and visitors, unless otherwise exempted, to wear a facial covering in public, and to wear it properly, including over the nose and mouth.”

Target stores nationwide also require customers to wear face coverings. Many, including the Ft. Lauderdale store, offer disposable masks to maskless customers.

In July, Dee Snider, the leader singer of Twisted Sister, whose anthem of youthful rebellion scored the flash mob, called anti-maskers “f------ a-------.”

“If there is a God they will get covid and die. No, I’m not kidding,” Snider added on Twitter along with the hashtag #thintheherd.

Broward County is currently the county with the 7th-highest number of coronavirus infections after recording nearly 75,000 coronavirus cases, according to data collected by Johns Hopkins University.
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html

Ft Lauderdale is 607 miles from Niceville.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Woman tased, arrested after not wearing mask at Ohio football game

LOGAN, Ohio -- The Governor of Ohio is responding after an incident at a middle school football game caused uproar online.

A video shared online captured a resource officer arresting a woman after she refused to wear a mask or leave the football game. The next day, the school received threats.

The Logan-Hocking School District superintendent says they weren't credible, but he wasn't taking chances with student safety, so the district was placed on lockout.

In response, Gov. Mike Dewine is urging residents to respect officers enforcing health policies.

WSYX reports the video shows a woman being tased by a school resource officer during a middle school football game in Logan, Ohio.

You can watch the video of the incident above.

She was taken out of the stadium in handcuffs after police say she refused to leave.

"We require masks, you know, like the Ohio Athletic Association guidelines say, and the health department guidelines say," Superintendent Monte Bainter said.

Logan Police say the woman in the video, Alicia Kitts, was told several times to put a mask on. She reportedly told the officer she had asthma and was not going to wear it.

The officer then told her several times she would have to leave if she wouldn't wear a mask. When she refused, he used his Taser on her shoulder in order to get her into custody.

She was charged with criminal trespassing.

"The police are doing their job exactly the way they're supposed to do, absolutely. I mean, textbook police work," community member Kevin Knight said.

The arrest is under investigation by Logan Police.
https://abc13.com/woman-tased-arrested- ... e/6555132/

Logan OH is 857 miles from Niceville

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:58 pm
Woman tased, arrested after not wearing mask at Ohio football game

LOGAN, Ohio -- The Governor of Ohio is responding after an incident at a middle school football game caused uproar online.

A video shared online captured a resource officer arresting a woman after she refused to wear a mask or leave the football game. The next day, the school received threats.

The Logan-Hocking School District superintendent says they weren't credible, but he wasn't taking chances with student safety, so the district was placed on lockout.

In response, Gov. Mike Dewine is urging residents to respect officers enforcing health policies.

WSYX reports the video shows a woman being tased by a school resource officer during a middle school football game in Logan, Ohio.

You can watch the video of the incident above.

She was taken out of the stadium in handcuffs after police say she refused to leave.

"We require masks, you know, like the Ohio Athletic Association guidelines say, and the health department guidelines say," Superintendent Monte Bainter said.

Logan Police say the woman in the video, Alicia Kitts, was told several times to put a mask on. She reportedly told the officer she had asthma and was not going to wear it.

The officer then told her several times she would have to leave if she wouldn't wear a mask. When she refused, he used his Taser on her shoulder in order to get her into custody.

She was charged with criminal trespassing.

"The police are doing their job exactly the way they're supposed to do, absolutely. I mean, textbook police work," community member Kevin Knight said.

The arrest is under investigation by Logan Police.
https://abc13.com/woman-tased-arrested- ... e/6555132/

Logan OH is 857 miles from Niceville

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic