Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm mask-less and proud

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15342

Re: I'm mask-less and proud

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 am
Lucky615 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 am
I’m going to a restaurant today to treat my family for my 94 year old mother’s birthday. None of us have a mask and we all refuse to wear one, the restaurant does not require a mask and there’s a bar in this restaurant. If a business refuses anyone because they don’t wear a mask it’s their loss and deserves to go out of business.

Kind of tricky, eating with a mask on.
Couldn’t tell you. I don’t wear a mask or as patriot says “mast” LMAO. 😂

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:41 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 am
Lucky615 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 am
I’m going to a restaurant today to treat my family for my 94 year old mother’s birthday. None of us have a mask and we all refuse to wear one, the restaurant does not require a mask and there’s a bar in this restaurant. If a business refuses anyone because they don’t wear a mask it’s their loss and deserves to go out of business.

Kind of tricky, eating with a mask on.
Couldn’t tell you. I don’t wear a mask or as patriot says “mast” LMAO. 😂
That’s why asked which state you were in... some states like Michigan require mask usage when not at a table. You could very well be tossed out.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:33 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:24 pm
And yet... gay wedding cakes anyone?
What I don't quite understand is why say No to make a point?

Instead, why not, when you realize it goes against your beliefs, say something like "I'm sorry. I am booked up with other orders and can't do it " or something along those lines?

Why not take the path of least resistance?
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:34 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:33 pm
UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:24 pm
And yet... gay wedding cakes anyone?
What I don't quite understand is why say no to make a point? Instead, why not, when you realize it goes against your beliefs, say something like "I'm sorry. I am booked up with other orders and can't do it " or something along those lines?

Why not take the path of least resistance?
Because everyone needs their 5 minutes of fame. People like to fight and wear their beliefs on their sleeve.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:58 pm

I still take my mask off while I am driving of course!!!

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:11 am

<No mask>

My body, my choice.

Thread Killer

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 am

I would argue Greece got it right.

Their population is almost identical to that of Michigan. Fewer than 3,500 cases and fewer than 200 total deaths.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 am

You are a selfish piece of shit.

Obviously, diners cannot wear masks, but if you frequent other public places, cannot maintain social distancing, and do not have an underlying health condition, you should wear a mask.

To wish failure on a business that is merely attempting to reduce health risks to patrons and employees is abhorrent.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:46 am

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:10 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 am
I would argue Greece got it right.

Their population is almost identical to that of Michigan. Fewer than 3,500 cases and fewer than 200 total deaths.
Can't say I'm familiar with what they did. I suppose I could Google it unless you have the Cliff Notes. 😁

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:59 am

I believe in wearing a mask, but the hypocrisy from our governor is pretty thick.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:42 am

See? States are now forced into making reopening U-turns. Our economy can’t reopen without first corralling the virus. That means doing all things, at once, and steadily over several months, to “bend the curve”.

Which means radically reducing transmission of the microbe from person to person. Which is only possible with a highly organized, science-driven, bold, FEDERAL public health plan lead by a competent, caring, science-first US president.

Trump said each state would do its own thing and the federal government would be a “back up”. So each governor took the lead. And we ended up with 50 variously effective responses.

At Trump’s “Pence-in-charge” Coronavirus task force daily televised briefings - Trump would display his incompetence and Pence, Fauci, Birx, Redfield, Azar, etc. would speak very carefully as Trump loomed inches away - in what appeared to be a menacing manner. As he was seen doing when debating HRC during the presidential debates/town halls.

After he got bored he stopped those daily coronavirus communications. He then went on to other matters such as moving his RNC nominating convention, and predicting overflow attendance at two Trump public rallies featuring unmasked mad MAGA men, women, teens, children. Apparently Herman Caine sat through the first dangerous one in Tulsa.

Bottom line: until the virus is mitigated all at once nationally with a caring president taking the lead at the federal level - there will be false start reopenings. As we’re experiencing now.

The virus has the final say. It won’t stop infecting until we stop its transmission. Meaning face coverings, social distancing, testing, TRACING, washing hands, locking down.

BTW - while Trump’s been flapping his racist jaws on Twitter, mostly sitting on his flubber fat ass, and golfing occasionally - time has been wasted that could have been used to fashion an effective national Coronavirus response to mitigate transmission, infection, hospitalizations, and deaths. Instead - he’s self-snarled again in a Putin’s puppet/Russia revelation that’s got Traitor Trump written in red all over it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:26 am

So, how did the wearing of masks go from being a public health measure to becoming a political statement? Maybe they should just make red masks and blue masks.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:26 am
So, how did the wearing of masks go from being a public health measure to becoming a political statement? Maybe they should just make red masks and blue masks.
Because the president decided he wasn’t going to wear one and he was going to downplay the virus overall... like any person with supporters a chunk of them rolled with it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:13 pm

I believe in wearing a mask, but the hypocrisy from our governor is pretty thick.
I agree with this statement.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic