Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dixie Chicks drop the "dixie"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Dixie Chicks drop the "dixie"

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:39 pm

I just logged on to post the same thing. This has gotten re-goddamn-diculous.

...and I think the first time trollinlife and I have ever agreed on this forum.

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:23 pm

They have not been relevant in country music for years and they are releasing a new song and trying to gain some free publicity for it since radio and fans turned their backs on them. It won't work.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm

In other news, Barry White will now be known as just "Barry", Betty White will now just be known as "Betty".

Black Water by the Doobie Brothers will just be known as "Water".

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:48 pm

Ram Jam will have to change the title of their 1977 hit “Black Betty” to just “Betty”. In 1966 Los Bravos had a hit with “Black Is Black” now the title will have to be “Is”.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:07 pm

"Black And White" by Three Dog Night will just be "And", and most of the lyrics will be gone.

And the classic "Bye Bye Blackbird" will just be known as "Bye Bye Bird".

"Say It Loud, I'm Black And I'm Proud", by James Brown will just be "Say It Loud, I'm And I'm Proud". BTW, James Brown is likely spinning in his grave about all this.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 pm

This country has got so damn ridiculous. Talk about being pussified and scared of one's own shadow. Censorship is taking shape

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 pm
This country has got so damn ridiculous. Talk about being pussified and scared of one's own shadow. Censorship is taking shape
I concur. There was a fellow on the Guy Dulldon show this afternoon claiming they needed to rename the Masters Golf Tournament because the word Masters had slave owner overtones.

It's insane.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:29 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 pm
I concur. There was a fellow on the Guy Dulldon show this afternoon claiming they needed to rename the Masters Golf Tournament because the word Masters had slave owner overtones.

It's insane.
None other than our very own Rob Parker wants to have it renamed. Please do note that for the first 5 years it was called the Augusta National Invitational and the guy who started it resisted the name Masters until relenting in year 6.

https://deadspin.com/we-ve-lived-with-t ... 1844121041

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Oregon and Oregon State have always called their football game the "Civil War". They have both agreed to drop that now.

RE-GODDAMN-DICULOUS!

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:45 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 pm
I’ve just started a new band!

The Chicks See Dicks!
And the Dicks see the Dixie Clits. That’s the name of my new band, let’s go on the road and do some concerts together.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:51 pm

I have a friend that is a retired Master Sargent. One of the best soldiers I know.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to get rid of the Masters part even though he's black.

Someone should look up what it means to become a Master in your profession. Something Wob Parker has no chance of attaining.
Last edited by Bryce on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:57 pm

AC/DC will have to change “Back In Black” to “Back In”. Led Zeppelin’s “Black Dog” to just “Dog”. Boy that’s just going to screw everything up.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:52 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:45 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 pm
I’ve just started a new band!

The Chicks See Dicks!
And the Dicks see the Dixie Clits. That’s the name of my new band, let’s go on the road and do some concerts together.
With the opening band, Chicks With Dicks!!!
No, we have to open with the Dixie Clits and that’s final.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. ‘Who controls the past’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'”

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.”

1984 - George Orwell

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Bravo 👏 Well stated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic